This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by JZ (2125 posts) 11 months, 15 days ago

Poll: Which of my favorite games is your favorite? (70 votes)

The misadventures of Tron Bonne 10%
Valkyria chronicles 47%
Raw danger 1%
Harvest moon back to nature 1%
Any of the "way of the samurai" games 1%
Yakuza 4 23%
Trauma team 4%
Dino crisis 2 13%
#1 Posted by mosespippy (4186 posts) -

Valkyria Chronicles is on my top 5 so that's a default pick for me.

#2 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

@mosespippy: have you played the 2nd one? It's also pretty great. It's basically valkyria persona chronicles 4.

#4 Edited by Pr1mus (3914 posts) -

You people are running my idea into the ground Activision style!

Just kidding, i like these threads. Especially since after 4 of them the choices are pretty varied.

I haven't played any of the games on that list but i suppose i would like Dino Crisis 2 the best since i liked the first one and also like old school Resident Evil games and such.

In your honorable mentions my vote would go to either Resident Evil 4 or Dark Souls. Mercenaries 1 was also awesome. Some of the biggest fun i've had just fucking around in an open world game.

#5 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4352 posts) -

None

#6 Posted by csl316 (8691 posts) -

So many of these threads, but I wanna help give Dino Crisis 2 its due.

#7 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

@pr1mus: yeah mercs 1 holy crap played that game for months loved it. Actually you might not like dino crisis 2 because of the drastic change they made. Dino 1 was straight up resident evil with dinosaurs. #2 was almost like a crazy action game within the thin wrapper of resident evil.

#8 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -
#9 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2391 posts) -

You like some interesting games. I don't think the Misadventures of Tron Bonne makes many top 10 lists lol.

#10 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Valkyria Chronicles - the only one played of that list though, but I really do love it.

Not to be a grammar nazi, but titles are always capitalized. Like every word in the title, more or less.

#11 Edited by Hailinel (24842 posts) -

Tough choice, but I had to go with Yakuza 4. Awesome game.

#12 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -
#13 Posted by Tom_omb (401 posts) -

I have not played any of your poll games, so I'll have to dig into your honorable mentions for my "vote". RE4 being the only one I've played a significant amount of wins by default.

#14 Posted by Aetheldod (3586 posts) -

I would choose Dark souls but it aint on the list (also big love for the Metal Gear games and Symphony of the Night) .. and from your list I´ve only played Dino Crisis 2 so that one

#15 Posted by mosespippy (4186 posts) -
@jz said:

@mosespippy: have you played the 2nd one? It's also pretty great. It's basically valkyria persona chronicles 4.

I played a little over 300 hours of the Japanese version of the second one, 200 hours of the English version and 160 hours of the third one. As you can probably tell, I spent some time unemployed a few years back.

VC3 made some nice improvements and was also harder. I haven't been able to beat a single 5 star difficulty mission.

#16 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

@mosespippy: well you don't have to be unemployed to play much.

#17 Posted by StarFoxA (5157 posts) -

I've only played a few of the games you've listed, none in your favorites (just honorable mentions), and out of those Dark Souls easily takes the cake.

#18 Posted by Carryboy (681 posts) -

YEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH tron bonne

#19 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -
#20 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5517 posts) -

Valkyria Chronicles is pretty rad.

#21 Posted by Daneian (1232 posts) -

If Mega Man Legends was in this it would be Mega Man Legends. Misadventures of Tron Bonne is pretty awesome though (wish i hadn't sold my copy frownie face.

#22 Posted by sub_o (899 posts) -

Yakuza 4 is pretty good. (read it in Vinny's voice)

#23 Posted by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

I contemplated it for some minutes, and I also found this to be my answer.

#24 Posted by TechnoSyndrome (895 posts) -

Yakuza 4 is the only one I've played, but it's nowhere near as good as Yakuza 2.

#25 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

@taku128: #4 has akiyama. Wait how can you say #2 is better if you only played #4?

#26 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Yay someone picked truama team

#27 Edited by BeachThunder (11949 posts) -

I was joking when I said everyone should make these...although, secretly I like these threads >_>

Anyway, I have not played any of these...

#28 Posted by LackingSaint (1815 posts) -

You have very different tastes to me! That's obviously not a bad thing, but it does mean I don't have a lot to say about your choices. I actively dislike Valkyria Chronicles, the top pick of your list, but I do have a soft spot for Dino Crisis.

#29 Posted by RazielCuts (2955 posts) -

@alexw00d said:

I contemplated it for some minutes, and I also found this to be my answer.

This was going to be my answer too but then I thought...okay I'll answer something, Valkyria Chronicles was pretty cool and I wish I played more of it.

#30 Posted by tourgen (4503 posts) -

These are your favorite games? huh. Well Yakuza 4 is pretty decent. The 2 or 3 hours I've played of it anyway.

#32 Posted by 49th (2758 posts) -

Out of all those games I have only played Dino Crisis 2 for about 20 minutes so that wins by default.

#33 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Man you people need to broaden your horizons.

#34 Posted by Slag (4409 posts) -

Valkyria Chronicles is the clear choice out of that bunch.

#35 Posted by Roboculus92 (518 posts) -

Tron bonne is the only of these that I've played so that gets my vote.

#36 Posted by TechnoSyndrome (895 posts) -

@jz said:

@taku128: #4 has akiyama. Wait how can you say #2 is better if you only played #4?

Yakuza 4 is the only game on your list that I've played. I've played all the Yakuza games that have come out in America.

Yakuza 2 has a story that doesn't fall apart at the very end and you fight tigers. As cool as Akiyama is he doesn't make up for Yakuza 4's weaknesses.

#37 Posted by Sinusoidal (1519 posts) -

I haven't played any of these, but I have bought Valkyria Chronicles. It sits in the pile waiting to be played. I guess that makes it my choice.

#38 Posted by Chaser324 (6552 posts) -
@hailinel said:

Getting in on this action inspired by @pr1mus before the moderators start getting cranky about it.

Well...I guess the time is now because I'm feeling a bit cranky about how many of these threads are popping up. They don't generate much meaningful discussion, and it's time to cut them off now before they spiral totally out of control.

As an alternative, if someone would prefer to make one thread to discuss everyone's favorite games of all time, that might be fine. You could also maybe spend some time to generate a longer blog that explains what makes some games your favorites. These short little polls though are just getting flat out spammy.