Which one do you like more Saints Row The 3rd or Sleeping Dogs?

• 97 results
liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Poll Which one do you like more Saints Row The 3rd or Sleeping Dogs? (447 votes)

Yo Saints Row The 3rd is astounding!!! 40%
Sleeping Dogs easily! Saints Row The 3rd is so overrated around these parts… 59%

I was thinking about all the solid up-coming Western Square-Enix games like Rise of Tomb Raider, Hitman, and Just Cause 3 which got me thinking about Sleeping Dogs and how much I enjoyed that game. In fact, I don't know if it was all the hyping during the Bombcasts but comparatively, Saints Row 3 felt consistently underwhelming. It's really sad that no Sleeping Dogs sequel's been announced besides some spin-off called Triad Wars.

• 
forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Oh wow, that's hard. I love both those game so much. I don't think either are over-rated. They both do wonderful & different things with the whole open world crime action game and there's room for both of them & GTA in my heart.

But pick one? Flip a coin. Seriously. I guess if I really was pushed I'd say Saints Row The 3rd because it was just so frigging charming. Funny as hell. Some great levels.

But I maybe need to play them both again...

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Sleeping Dogs is the much better game, but Saints Row 3 is more ridiculous and dumb if that's what you're after?

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I don't love either one as much as many around this site do, but I would definitely take SR 3. I just think that game is really entertaining, especially on the first experience of it. 4 went a little overboard in ways but in 3 the absurdity really worked. SD is fun but I think it's a fairly average open world game in most respects. I would just recommend a number of open world games from last gen before that one.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No competition. SLogs wins open-world competitions hands-down, so it wins over 'the 3rd' as well. Tightest open-world game to be released.

Magris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me, Sleeping Dogs by far. I enjoyed the set-pieces and the spectacle of Saints row 3 more, but it was so boring to play. Sleeping Dogs was so much fun, controls much tighter, and a pretty interesting story and plot. It was also a blast to just roam around the city, shooting car tires, action jumping onto cars, or hitting pedestrians with an open car door. People say the driving in Sleeping Dogs sucks, but I love it. The finishers in Sleeping Dogs were also way better and more visceral than Saints row 3. Plus, Wei Shen being an Asian American really resonated with me in ways most modern, Western media has failed to do.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I platinumed both, love both. I voted sleeping dogs because of the Hong Kong cinema vibe/influence, but I like them almost evenly.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Saints Row the Third's humor a lot, but Sleeping Dogs is the best open world crime game ever made by a wide margin in my opinion, so it easily takes the cake. The story is pretty great and layered, the soundtrack is awesome and perfectly fits the game, the visuals are incredible, and I love that it has good shooting and great melee combat. The car jacking makes chase missions way more interesting, too. Overall I think Sleeping Dogs is one of my favorite games of all time. So crazy that such an incredible game came out of such troubled development. It's sad we'll almost certainly never see a sequel.

Eaxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I had a ton of fun with Sleeping Dogs, great action, well realized city,characters and very little guns. Overall Saints row 3 was some dumb fun but not much else to me.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By big_jon

Sleeping dogs was amazing

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed Saints Row 3 but it just didn't have the same impact that Saints Row 2 had on me. Sleeping Dogs on the other hand I had a blast with so that gets my vote.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'm refusing to vote because your poll options are dumb

Saints Row: The Third was my GOTY 2011
Sleeping Dogs was my GOTY 2012

LtTibbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found SD's story much more engaging which is what drove me to finish the game, I really enjoyed Saints Row's humor and style but I never felt an urge to beat it, just to get my fill of it's wackiness.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sleeping Dogs. The problem with you're-invincible-joke-games like SR3 is that they are very entertaining for the first 2 hours, but then you get bored and frustrated.

DT9k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sleepy Dawgs is a better game in total, but SR3 isn't overrated. Thus I'm forced to abstain from the vote.

edgaras1103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean which one has better wet pavement at night? The answer is obvious.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All this reminds me of is how Saint's Row dug itself too deep down their own jokes at the expense of things that were fun with those games. While at the same time Sleeoing Dogs was a hell of a game that this thread made me want to play again.

For my money, Sleeping Dogs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sleeping Dogs for me Hong Kong setting is great the soundtrack is really good the graphics especially the rain effects are still impressive to this day and last the fighting system is fun and it works well. I do like saints row the third alot though but it hasn't aged well but to this to this day it was the first open world game that finally could compete with the GTA series.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

SRIV > Sleeping Dogs > SR3

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sleepy Dogs.

Mikey2D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I like them both, but Sleeping Dogs gets my vote. The story was fantastic, great combat and the soundtrack was great too - loved the ninja tune radio station. Will Yun Lee did a great job voicing Wei, and whenever i see the dude in a movie i can't help but think of the immortal line when asked who he is - "Wei Shen Mother f***er, who are you?!"

Not long ago i was debating picking it up cheap on PS4 for a replay (I originally played it on the 360).

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Saints Row The Third should have won game of the year. Thanks Brad and Patrick...

(Yes, I'm stI'll salty about that)

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I was bored of Sleeping Dogs after a bit.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Sleeping Dogs is way fucking overrated. Its good but it isn't THAT good.

Maluvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This reminds me that I need to get around to playing Sleeping Dogs at some point.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saints Row: The Third and for me it's not really close. The driving model in saints row is sooooo much better than Sleeping Dogs, as is the gunplay. It's just a better playing video game.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Gaff

Saints Row the Third has better moments (some missions had me grinning from ear to ear), but overall Sleeping Dogs is a better experience. I could probably go on about how Saints Row (quite successfully most of the time) gets caught up in its own comedic shtick, and GTA keeps on hamfistedly satirizing the American Dream... I'll just link Errant Signal's video on Sleeping Dogs.

Loading Video...

On the other hand... F those chase sequences.

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I really like Sleeping Dogs but Saints Row the Third all way. Sleeping Dogs is basically Hong Kong action flick turned game and its pretty fun. But everything outside of the main missions are kind of whatever. The story is good for what it is but its not very memorable.

Saints Row the Third is less polished but it has more heart and its just really silly and fun. I also played it completely co-op which was great.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

This might be a weird opinion, but I like the humour in Sleeping Dogs better. All the Saints Row games are good too though.

DasUberOgre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm refusing to vote because your poll options are dumb

Saints Row: The Third was my GOTY 2011

Sleeping Dogs was my GOTY 2012

The only correct stance.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By chilibean_3

Your poll options are worded in weird ways. You should work on that.

They aren't all that comparable outside of being open world games. For me it's Saint's Row and it isn't even close. It's just one of those games that is perfect for me and at the right time. The sense of humor and the emphasis on getting you to the fun parts of open world games quickly and rapidly. It really did ruin a lot of other open world games for me for a while.

Man, I should play Saint's Row again.

TreeTrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

OK, I don't think Saints Row Third is overrated, but I do think Sleeping Dogs is a bit better.

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like both games but Saints Row 3 is one of the best games ever so I got with that.

NinjaPartTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why not just have two choices without throwing a personal opinion on the end of them? I keep seeing polls like this and I don't understand if it's a joke or what.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sleeping Dogs is a great game.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sleeping Dogs by a mile. SR3's main selling point was its humor and I didn't think it was funny.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#38 gamer_152  Moderator

I prefer Saint's Row the Third. I know I didn't enjoy Sleeping Dogs as much as other people. I didn't think the story was much of a masterpiece and while there was a lot to like about it and it was a good game, it was doing a number of things I think were done better in other games. I thought Saints 3 was better at establishing its own style and it was able to execute well on some really cool, insane ideas.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sleeping Dogs, but the modifier on the voting option I don't agree with.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not even a competition. Saints Row outright demolishes Sleeping Dogs.

BaconHound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted Sleeping Dogs, but I enjoyed Saints Row 3 too. I'm one of those weirdos that thinks Saints Row 2 is the best game of the franchise, though, for whatever that's worth.

Matt_Rogan1407

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saint's Row 3 was a better game to play for me. But I think that the hype of the Bombcrew really pushed Sleepy Dogs into something better

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43  Edited By veektarius

Sleeping Dogs, but I had to think about it. Saints Row 3 was a breath of fresh air, but when I really consider it, that game didn't handle great and the humor was usually more shocking than laugh out loud funny. They used Hybrid in their soundtrack, though, which counts for a lot.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shleepy Dawgs had much, much better combat and driving, but... I mean... well... only one of these two games lets you drive around in a Tron car while Tim & Eric's "Sports" plays on the radio, or lets you fire sharks at people whilst wearing a shark hat...

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SomeJerk

Sleeping Dogs is an actual game of a triad drama-action that can be taken seriously, enjoyed and played seriously, while Saints Row 3 slaps you in the face with a rubber dick with LOL HERE IS THE JOKE written on it.

Imagine Dan when he's in an irritating somewhat obnoxious but understandable mode. That's SR3. Dan in serious respectable man mode is SleepyDogs.

And I love them both.

Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#46  Edited By Zippedbinders

Sleeping Dogs is great, but man, I love just about everything about SR3 and SR4. If you want a serious story designed around a very real place about something that could actually happen, SD has that nailed. I'd get why anyone would prefer that.

I don't tend to want that.

SR3 is a game where you can be an overweight naked British man, or a confused Russian female bodybuilder, or a purple manbeast who only grunts. I have spent literally hours in the character creator and car customizer messing with things. I made my mom's 1993 Dodge Caravan and gave it wheel spikes and nitrous. The effect that just the creation options carries across the whole game is what really sets it apart for me, but it also makes the open world stuff so much fun to do by cutting out all the pretense that this is a real place. You can parachute off anything, you can have VTOLs sent you, you jump through windows and boot people out the other side. There is a button that is basically dedicated to hitting people in the nuts.

SR4 gave me more hair options, Haddaway, and Flash powers, so its an even better game.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Sleeping Dogs, but Saints 3 is one of my all time favorites.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Saints Row the Third overstays its welcome, the joke runs out before the game does. I actually liked SR4 better.

Sleeping Dogs is fucking great.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

I didn't really enjoy SR3 that much (after the intro with Kanye's "Power" blaring, it was all downhill from there). I really liked Sleepy Dogs, so Sleeping Dogs wins.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

Only one of those is a good game. The other is Saints Row 3. Now Saints Row 2 vs Sleeping Dogs, there is a question that is difficult to answer.