Which out of the 2 gamepads should I choose buying?

Raspharus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which out of the 2 gamepads should I choose buying? (18 votes)

SPEEDLINK XEOX Pro Analog 78%
ThrustMaster Ferrari Wireless Gamepad 430 22%

Well I'm not sure what to choose out of the two ones, mainly cause they have some really points. The first one is a typical xbox controller clone, although I like the fact that you can switch between directinput, and xinput. Also the layout is better. The triggers handle very nice. Here are some pictures:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Regarding the other one, well the layout is more close to the ds4, however it doesn't look that bad I guess. Unlike the first one it has force feedback and it's wireless(I consider it a plus, but I may be wrong). Another bonus is the fact that it has 2 more buttons on the back. On the other hand the triggers are kinda shit.

On both of them the D-pad look kinda meh, but then again I'm not playing any fighting games so I don't really mind. Here are some pics:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Price is not a problem so yeah.

• 
Dokaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Curious, why are you buying third-party controllers?

Raspharus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dokaka said:

Curious, why are you buying third-party controllers?

Personal reasons. I can't say why :(

Dokaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raspharus: You a part of some secret illuminati shit and aware of some nefarious sleeper agents hidden inside the official controllers?

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't trust third party wireless controller, both don't look great but that second takes the 1st place ribbon in the ugly and uncomfortable to hold state fair. Go with the first one it at least looks usable.

Raspharus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dokaka said:

@raspharus: You a part of some secret illuminati shit and aware of some nefarious sleeper agents hidden inside the official controllers?

No I didnt mean jokes like that. It's a valid reason.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By newmoneytrash

I think that thrustmaster one looks like shit

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

@dokaka said:

No I didnt mean jokes like that. It's a valid reason.

If only you knew there are curious people like me on these forums that are now going through all the possible reasons in their heads. The only thing I can come up with so far, is that you'll get killed or hurt if you tell us. If it's a financial reason, nobody here would ever judge negatively on that. It might have something to do with your job or a contest, but then there is really no reason you wouldn't be allowed to tell anyone else. I'm going with somebody is holding a gun to your head and making you choose. We should call the cops and SWAT your house. Or... is this a gameshow? Where they try to test if people on the internet can sense and recognize danger to another person on forums? Did... did I just win the gameshow? Am I on TV? Hi, Mom!

Seriously though, I side with @junkboy0 (never thought I'd say that phrase) in that the Xbox-styled one looks usable/decent. It most likely will not be as comfortable as the real deal, but oh man does that Thrustmaster thing look terrible. Too narrow. The sticks are also placed way too close to each other. Triggers look bad. The overall shape looks badly designed, reminds me of the PS3 Boomerang. In addition, it has some awful decals on it.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've had the wired version of the Thrustmaster in the past and couldn't sell it quickly enough - Massive deadzones (which most third party pads have but much worse than usual here) rendered the analogue sticks close to unusable.

Just buy a genuine 360 pad, Xbone pad or Dualshock 4. You'll thank yourself in the long run.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

They both looks horrendous, but if you really have to I guess the first one. At least it doesn't look like 2005 concept pictures of the ps3 controller.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#10  Edited By audioBusting

The ThrustMaster looks painful to even hold. I used to think wireless is a plus too, but it's actually kind of a hassle to setup and maintain for most PC setups. I'd still rather recommend a 360 controller over those though, they go for like $10 each nowadays.

Raspharus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: Indeed I have financial reasons. Maybe I should go for the x360 one after all cause it will last me longer overall.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

@zevvion: Indeed I have financial reasons. Maybe I should go for the x360 one after all cause it will last me longer overall.

I have a wired 360 one hooked up to my PC. It is cheaper than the wireless one and works really, really well. All games seemed to be programmed for it. That said, be careful as 360 ones often have drift on the thumbsticks. Meaning they aren't in the intended deadzone when you release them. I have this on mine. Firmly pushing it to another direction seems to fix this issue for an hour or so.

I can't comment on third party controllers myself as I didn't buy any this/last generation because I had them break in weird ways before. As I understand it from forum posts, that still happens to some of them.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

That thrust master is designed for racing games.. do you intend to play a lot of racing games?

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hrmmmm... a quick search shows that the Speedlink sells for about the same as a 360 controller. Go 360.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's always something wrong with 3rd party controllers it seems, i've been keeping an eye on them for years and it's always something like the deadzone on the sticks, buttons becoming stuck after some use, terrible d-pads etc.
I use a wired 360 controller for PC, i play fighting games and yes the d-pad is terrible but i don't have many other options, i wouldn't mind getting a PS4 or XBone pad but i haven't held either and don't know which would be better for me, also their compatibility with games is sporadic, you just can't get away from the 360 pad being the most supported pad in the world.

Valve missed an opportunity with the Steam Controller to make a universally good pad for PC gamers.

Raspharus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry for reviving the thread, I recently got some cash, and I was wondering. Is the xbone controller worth it? Or should I just go straight for the x360 one? Give your opinions.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

360 controller is better than the xbox one controller in every way but the d-pad in my opinion. The wired ones last FOREVER too.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Sorry for reviving the thread, I recently got some cash, and I was wondering. Is the xbone controller worth it? Or should I just go straight for the x360 one? Give your opinions.

@amafi said:

360 controller is better than the xbox one controller in every way but the d-pad in my opinion. The wired ones last FOREVER too.

Case closed.