Which platform will you play Fighting Games on XBOX ONE or PS4?

Barf_Surprise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which platform will you play Fighting Games on XBOX ONE or PS4? (76 votes)

XBOX ONE 20%
PS4 80%

Title says it all. FIGHT!

• 
falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Ps4 got the best controls to kick someone's ass. When we fight we take it to the streets, the fucking streets man.

Loading Video...

Genfuyung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Genfuyung

PS4 for the D-Pad

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

XONE, cuz Killer Instinct is the only thing out then.

PS4 cuz that's where my grudgey friends are at. Like MK10 online with friends.

Tekken 7 and Tekken X Street Fighter otherwise, wherever I want.

Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Doesn't really matter as I'd probably use a fightstick but I'm thinking of getting a PS4 over Xbone if I get either so I chose that.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Probably PS4 because Xbox controllers have a history of being really shitty for fighting games.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think Killer Instinct looks pretty cool and don't see what's wrong with an Xbox controller for fighting games (Duke mayhaps has problems) so X1.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Unless a fighting game is free on PS4, then none. I suck at the genre.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

It all depends on what games are provided. In the future, most if not all will be available on both. Based on general consensus from folks in multiple fighting game community networks, people will play on PS4. Honestly I really want to play Killer Instinct and will get a TE2 for it.

@xyzygy said:

I think Killer Instinct looks pretty cool and don't see what's wrong with an Xbox controller for fighting games (Duke mayhaps has problems) so X1.

A common concern is the d-pad. Some folks I know use 360 controller and use the d-pad all the time with ease and do really well in locals against stick and PS3 pad players.

Well at this point there is a stick for the Xbox One but with a new Tekken down the line, I wouldn't be surprised if Mad Catz will bring the TE2 or an equivalent to the PS4.

Barf_Surprise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems that things are skewing toward PS4.

For those that choose PS4, do you have any concern for online play? I have a PS3 and the little Online experience I have mainly day one patches and updates has been down right awful. Hours to down load a 300 mb patch and the such. How has the PS3 done with online play with fighting games? or other online experiences...call of duty and other teamdeath match games?

Oh I choose XBOX ONE if you couldn't tell from the question.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zeik

I'm going to ignore the fact that I have no interest in the Xbox One and just look at it from the angle of fighting games. If my PS3 fighting stick still works on the PS4 then it's a no brainer. I don't want to spend another $100+ if I don't have to.

@greengamer said:

It seems that things are skewing toward PS4.

For those that choose PS4, do you have any concern for online play? I have a PS3 and the little Online experience I have mainly day one patches and updates has been down right awful. Hours to down load a 300 mb patch and the such. How has the PS3 done with online play with fighting games? or other online experiences...call of duty and other teamdeath match games?

Oh I choose XBOX ONE if you couldn't tell from the question.

I've played quite a few fighting games on the PS3. Outside of the ones that already have shit online (Mortal Kombat) I've had few problems. P4 Arena and Blazblue are great. Marvel vs Capcom 3 is mostly good. Soul Calibur 5 was a bit more hit and miss, but generally good. (I played it when I had to rely on my spotty wireless connection though.) Those are the ones I spent the most time with.

If it takes hours for you to download patches you must have absolutely terrible internet, because mine is actually pretty sub-par and patches are usually only a couple minutes at best. Often less than a minute.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Sooty

By the looks of it, the PS4 will have better controller support (rumours of old USB sticks working) and hopefully none of the profile BS the 360 does.

On the flip side let's hope multiplatform games are equal on both of them. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is ass on PS3, input delay, framerate drops every time you call assists (this happens regardless of stage) and the online is terrible. Even the Vita version doesn't drop any frames when you call assists, and looks almost as good.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty: I played quite a lot of MvC3 on the PS3 and that definitely wasn't a common occurrence. Only when you had a really bad connection with someone. I didn't play quite as much Ultimate, but I recall the online being improved.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By Humanity

Why, the OUYA of course.

I'll probably play them on the one that I own or predominantly use which right now is looking to be, begrudgingly, the PS4.

Nefarious_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Nefarious_Al

Both, I have a dual modded madcatz right now and I'll have a dual mod for next gen.

Might be an eightarc next gen though as that might be the most cost effective.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sooty

@zeik said:

@sooty: I played quite a lot of MvC3 on the PS3 and that definitely wasn't a common occurrence. Only when you had a really bad connection with someone. I didn't play quite as much Ultimate, but I recall the online being improved.

I used to play it on 360 all the time before I sold it, so I then bought the PS3 version of Marvel and it lags every time you call an assist, hell it happened on Sunday at my local meet ups where we had to play on PS3 (much to some people's complaints). When I say lag with assists I just mean the frame rate dropping which happens online and offline, including in training mode.

When I started playing it online I found it extremely poor in comparison, now I just don't play it at all outside of training mode.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Zeik

I can't say I ever noticed anything like that when I was playing. (Outside of earlier mentioned bad online connections.) Keep in mind that most tournaments use the PS3, especially EVO. If it was really that bad I can't imagine hardcore players would let that slide.

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC - For using Occulus Rift, and Boxing Glove peripherals.

zeyepawdz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering I have around 600 dollars (or more) invested in my PSN account, I think it's safe to say I'm sticking with Sony.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The ONE

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Darji

Which fighting games? There is only one announced so far and we already heard new about not getting a Street Fighter 5 game for a while as well. So they all will play 360 and in fighting game tournaments mostly use a Ps3. Other than that. With a fightstick it does not even matter much which console you chose except for a bad framerate or so.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@darji said:

Which fighting games?

Exactly. Which fighting games? I voted PS4 because that's the console I'm initially getting, but it's not as though there's anything else that will be released soon other than Killer Instinct. The PS4 will probably be the go to console for major tournaments just like the PS3 was this time around because of price, size and Kinect requirement.

Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

It's going to come down to how the new d-pad on the Xbox One controller ends up. I definitely prefer MS' online set up to Sony's but outside of the transforming controller the 360's d-pads sucked.

I voted for Xbox One because right now the only fighting game I know I'll be playing later this year is Killer Instinct.

CollegeGuyMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#23  Edited By CollegeGuyMike

PS4.

Barf_Surprise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Barf_Surprise

@darji@fluxwavez I started another thread talking about when we could expect some new Fighting Games on the new hardware.

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/fighting-games-xbox-one-ps4-1446974/

Should have combined the two subjects for more elaborate discussion.

@fluxwavezI had not considered the Kinect Requirement in these discussions. Just from a logistical stand point attaching a Kinect to every console should force their hand.

However XBOX does have the partnership with Twitch TV which some may see as more important for growing the sport.

And

They could use the Kinect to record footage of the actual players... Hmmm that may be too unreliable as to where they would actually be sitting.

Barf_Surprise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik My internet is pretty good, Comcast with Boost. I get terrible download speeds when I am downloading Vita games as well...It is like molasses. Xbox and PC Fly with DL speeds. Your description of games and quality of connection sounds comparable to that of XBOX 360 and I don't play multi-player on the PC so no clue.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Not really sure. Will make up my mind when a fighting game that I care about comes out.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

PS4, just because that's what I'm probably gonna get in general.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 for sure; I see no reason why my PS3 stick shouldn't work on it (assuming they don't change their policy on USB controllers, which is pretty much whatever works with plug-and-play, unlike microsoft's BS system).

My old PS2 stick that had a usb cable worked fine on the PS3 so that's a good sign.

Not sure entirely what fighting games I'd play; probably random small indie fighting games till the next Street Fighter or King of Fighters comes out. Which won't be for a while, and I think the FGC will be playing SF4 and KOFXIII for some time to come on the ps3 at tournaments like they've done for the past several years.