• 76 results
limond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By limond

Poll Which press conference won E3? (532 votes)

Bethesda 30%
Microsoft 21%
EA 2%
Ubisoft 2%
Sony 38%
Nintendo 5%
Square Enix 4%

So which press conference won this E3 2015?

Explain your answer below, or don't. Let's just make a new meme out of this.

• 
kubqo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I know people will vote Sony up because on the first looks, it looks way more packed up. But when you start thinking about it, there were no proper dates. What will i play this year? And when i remember the Driveclub debacle, i have a hard time to think anything about their 1st party games. And then theres just lots of games that will be everywhere, theyll just have a beta 1 week sooner or 1 more mission shoehorned in. MS was just seting date after date and theres still Quantum Break, Scalebound, Crackdown and 1 more thing i cant remember the name of. And when i pour backwards compability on top of it. Maaaan. This is the first time i am ever coming out of E3 wanting to buy a console - Xbox One.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By hassun

Sony had the fanservice but Bethesda gave us clear-cut games and announced Fallout 4 will be out this year. Clear winner for me. Remarkable too because I am far from a big Bethesda fan and think Fallout 3 is the worst main Fallout title.

Battlecry looked like ass though.

P.S. @limond: You should probably move this thread to the E3 2015 forum.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Maybe it's because it was 4am local time but was shocked how bad most of Square Enix's showing was. Loads of people mumbling into the microphone about jrpgs on ios or concept art that couldn't be more vague. Deus Ex was cool but then it was immediately back to FF on your phone.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Bethesda easily. Both great games to show, and they were interesting about how they talked about what they had.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Canteu

Bethesda. Because Fallout 4. And none of that Sony stuff is coming out this year.

Nime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Bethesda. After that I actually came away better from Microsoft than Sony. Yes Sony had the sort of "mythical" games, but not enough coming soon and not enough dates. If you look at really "new" games that are actually coming out sooner rather than later, Sony did not deliver. Basically what @kubqo said.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a conference Bethesda beat everyone else by a mile, followed by MS then Sony. As for the content it basically comes down to how hyped you are about Fallout 4, Last Guardian and Shenmue. MS however were the only ones that brought some exciting non-game reveal news.

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bethesda, Announcing Dishonored 2 and a release date for Fallout 4 got me more excited than anything at any other conference.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Square to me.

New Nier game, and Just Cause 3 got me pumped.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Bethesda did pretty well.

T_wester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bethesda, Sony and Square Enix had the best.

Bethesda had the best paced and most aware conference of what content they had that was important. Their lineup however was very small by comparison and all their big games were all sequels.

Square Enix actually had the best lineup personally for me; Hitman, Just Cause 3, Deus Ex, NieR by P* and to a lesser extent Tomb Raider. But their conference was very dry and did to much telling and not showing.

Sony had the biggest lineup and it was paced decently but most of their big games were based on old nostaligia points. But then they showed Horizon Zero Dawn which was not only a new IP but they also showed full gameplay of it. It looked fantastic and it actually looked like it had cool gameplay and a lot of promise. I never thought I'd come ouf of the E3 conferences saying the best new thing was coming from Guerilla Games.

So my vote goes to Bethesda, quality over quantity.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It makes giggle that no one has voted for EA.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Andorski

Bethesda, mostly because of the Fallout 4 presentation and how it was delivered. Todd Howard came off as a straight shooter; none of that "imagine a world..." grandiose type of speech. Howard just went, "This is the game. Pretty fucking cool, right?"

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bethesda. I thought Doom looked a bit underwhelming, but I'm more excited for Dishonored 2 than any other game right now and Fallout 4 looks fucking rad. I was also really impressed with SE. The presentation was weak, but they had a lot of stuff that I'm looking forward to(Hitman, Deus Ex, World of FF, Project New IP, fucking NieR made by Platinum).

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't get the Bethesda love at all. Doom looked rad, but that's it. Then again people are blinded by the Fallout hype.

Square was best. Had a great mix of East/West games. Awesome lineup all around.

Lagaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, Bethesda.

Doom looked alright, I loved Dishonored, and Fallout 4 looks amazing. Don't care about Battlecry, Scrollstone, or ESO.

Which admittedly is me being hyped for 2 games and cautiously optimistic about a third. But I don't personally care for The Last Guardian, Shenmue, or Final Fantasy which seemed to be the big hitters of Sony.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Junkboy

The best thing about Bethesda for me was Fallout Shelter and Doom but I'm still not excited for FO4. Horizon I thought looked great and with LTG/FFVII/Shemue Sony wins on hype alone but not much this year. I personally think MS had the most games I wanted to play and would've gotten my vote but pressers are mostly about hype so I guess Sony. :/ MS has the best lineup this year though.

hirkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kubqo: That's interesting, Microsoft's performance this year served basically no interest to me at all. I want Halo 5 of course, but that's still not enough for me. the 360 games are cool and call but I really have no desire to play any of them anymore, and they're rolling out compatibility. Who knows are far they follow through. I find it difficult to judge Microsoft with the games that weren't mentioned there at all too. Horizon looks AMAZING, Uncharted looks amazing, FF 7 is coming (is it exclusive?), The Last Guardian was a disappointing presentation but there's more coming, No Man's Sky looks incredible, Ratchet and Clank wasn't mentioned because they decided to release a trailer beforehand. Idk, everything on Sony really got me, nothing on Microsoft convinced me to buy that console at all.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

EA was the only one I didn't like.

Sony wasn't as good as the last two years but I still think they had the best show.

Microsoft had their best show in the last two years.

Square would have been a lot better if they hadn't already shown their games in the other conferences

Ubisoft wasn't bad but I'm not interested in their actual games.

Bethesda was surprisingly good.

Nintendo was good but not enough meat to it.

BladedEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For pure and complete "omg omg omg" I give the 'best conference of E3 to...the PC gaming one.

For the sheer variety of people showing stuff, for the choice of host. For the breath of genres covered.

Yes yes there were some "lets plug AMDs stuff" moments..but I don't see anyone saying "omg Microsoft/Sony spent time trying to sell us hardware they make! How dare they have those things 'sponsor' this event.."

Simply put. We got, in the same interview, mentions of both Neo Scavenger and Space Station 13..two games which I adore (go look up Plump's youtube videos for SS13) but which you'd absolutely never see anyone at E3 cover. Honk Honk indeed.

That said from the choices given...its a toss up. Like "woohoo the obviousness that FO4 was coming out this year got confirmed!" but FF7 was the reason I bought my first new console all those years ago...so I guess Square wins my inner child award, Bethesda wins my rational adult mind award.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where's the option for, "The concept of "winning" E3 is ridiculous and does nothing but create more pointless arguments that squander the exciting potential of games from every dev."?

My GF liked the one with the puppets.

Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fo me personally, the Shenmue announcement "won" E3. Thank you, Adam Boyes.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yu Suzuki's press conference won E3. It was nice of him to let Sony show some stuff also.

IceNDice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Well how are we grading this?

Sony was the best at generating hype for their upcoming games

Bethesda was best at showing gamplay rather then CG Trailers

Nintendo was best at keeping the show fun and lifelike rather then a bunch of robots going on stage going "this is going to revolutionize gaming (initiate smile) (initiate hand wave) (task complete)"

Kingdom Hearts definitely stole my heart but Square Enix's conference and how they announced Kingdom Hearts III was very stupid.

Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This shouldn't even be a contest people. Most years it's very up-in-the-air and depends a lot on personal tastes. This year there is an objective god damn answer. And after reading that sentence, you know which one I'm referring to, and that should tell you all you need to know about this poll.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bethesda's conference was the best one I've seen in recent memory. And it was their first. Kudos to those guys.

sadsadsad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This shouldn't even be a contest people. Most years it's very up-in-the-air and depends a lot on personal tastes. This year there is an objective god damn answer. And after reading that sentence, you know which one I'm referring to, and that should tell you all you need to know about this poll.

Maybe that pcgamer thing?

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mcfart

Bethesda. Last Guardian should probably have been cancelled, and if Square think they're making money off FF7 remakes, their wallets will be hurting soon.

Bethesda had a AAA+ title...which the other conferences were lacking. People don't really watch conferences for Indie games...especially ones which give no info like No Mans Sky. People just wanna see when and where they can get their next AAA+ titles.

Tiamatsword22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm interested in For Honor and Horizon so whichever one had those I guess?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I don't know about "winning" but Sony was definitely the most entertaining to watch, even if I wasn't into everything I saw. Shockingly, I felt like Square had the most games I wanted to play. Just Cause 3, Deus Ex, Hitman, Tomb Raider, Kingdom Hearts

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcfart said:

and if Square think they're making money off FF7 remakes, their wallets will be hurting soon.

It's a remake of one of the most beloved games of all time, one which fans heavily demanded.

I don't think what you just said is close to being true at all.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Which press conference won? That's a question of spectacle, which means Sony won, and it wasn't even really close. They had 3 completely insane things.

As far as which one had things that appealed to me the most? PC by a mile.

Avatar image for purplepartyrobot
PurplePartyRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bethesda won. However, I am biased as fuck and just want to play the new Doom.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me it would probably be Sony>Microsoft>Bethesda>Square Enix>Nintendo>Ubisoft>EA. In Horizon Sony had a brand new IP that actually looks awesome, in Last Guardian they had a highly anticipated game that finally seems on track to come out, in Final Fantasy 7 they have one of the most exciting remakes their could be, in Uncharted they have a game that I'm pretty much guaranteed to enjoy, and in Shenmue they had something that obviously means a ton to a lot of people. Couldn't ask for much more, except maybe some stuff that's actually coming out this year, but that's something you could hold against most of these press conferences.

Microsoft did a wonderful job as well. The backwards compatibility is huge for me cause I sold my 360 and there's some exclusives I wish I'd played first like Viva Pinata, and Nuts and Bolts. Hopefully they put Shadow Complex on there. Recore has a damn fine pedigree so that game has a ton of potential. Gears is a nice safe bet for me.

Even as someone who doesn't like Fallout, Bethesda did an awesome job showing Fallout. I just couldn't get very excited for this press conference because I don't have any personal attachment to Fallout, Doom, or Dishonored, and those are pretty much the only things they had worth mentioning. Still they did a pretty great job considering they have the smallest line up. I might give those games a shot.

Square did a good job blending the eastern and western sides of things. I enjoyed what I saw of Just Cause 3, Tomb Raider, and Kingdom Hearts 3. Deus Ex seems like it'll be a cool game. I wasn't exactly clamoring for more Nier, but the idea of their being more is a pleasing thought, and bringing in people who know how to make good combat is the smartest decision they could've made. I was very happy to see they've formed a studio to focus on proper ass JRPG's that will be very exciting in a few years. Final Fantasy World is weird looking. Maybe it'll be cool though? I wish there had been news about a Bravely Second localization though, I'm worried it'll take as long as the first one. Kinda glad there was no 15, I feel like they need to just shut up and finish that game.

Nintendo was pretty disappointing, but only because we already knew about their most exciting titles and they failed to announce anything new to get excited about. Mario Maker, and Fire Emblem seem amazing, I cant wait to get my hands on them, but their not building my excitement, its already peaked. Xenoblade, SMT X Fire Emblem, and Star Fox could all be cool, but I have my doubts about all 3 and we've already seen all of them. I have no interest in a multiplayer Zelda or Metroid game. The fact that they brought up the NX and said they'd talk about it next year really does make me worry that they're just killing the Wii U early.

Ubisoft I don't give a shit about Tom Clancy, or Assassins Creed. For Honor could be neat I guess.

EA had the most to prove and failed the hardest. They spent way too much time on sports, I get that those games sell a lot, but I don't think the people who care about those games care about E3 press conferences. They didn't give us nearly enough information about the new Mass Effect. Nothing about the new Bioware ip. Nothing about that Star Wars game Amy Hennig is supposed to be working on. And I don't give a shit about Battlefront. I'll probably play Need for Speed I guess. Maybe Mirror's Edge will be good this time, seems very similar.

wallee321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sony had a good conference with The Last Guardian, Horizon, FF7 Remake, FREAKIN Shenmue 3, No Man's Sky, Dream, and another cool look at Uncharted 3. Unfortunately, most of these games won't come out in 2015 or maybe even the first half of 2016; still a decent amount of them are long called for games or games that feel artsy and/or trying to do something innovative and not a copy paste update.

MS had a good showing, but I felt like a lot of their games are more of the same (not a bad thing, but doesn't have the same WOW factor) and I felt like too many of their games like the moba, Fable 4v1 and Rare's pirate game are multiplayer focused.

Bethesda was probably the best by showing a decent look at Fallout 4 and announcing that we get to play the game in 5 months. Dishonored 2 looked awesome and I can't wait for that. I don't know what to think of Doom, need more information and hands-on impression from the GB crew.

EA had some highlights like the Yarn game, Mirror's Edge, Need for Speed, Battlefront, Old Republic Expansion, Mass Effect teaser, but my god they had a disjointed and horribly paced show; Pele on stage, over long GW2 demo, Despicable Me mobile game, parts highlighting trading cards in different sport games and reminding us about how long till Battlefront.

I didn't watch Ubisoft, PC or Square-Enix. I saw the second half of Nintendo and it seem okay and solid. No real surprises but a lot of games that should good.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I actually quite liked Square Enix, surprisingly. I think Vinny was spot on with his assessment of it.

m16mojo2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PCGamer Conference. Tons of games, no dumb stunts, no hype, no interview with some soccer guy. Also, American Truck Simulator, and Planet Coaster. Need I say more?

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Microsoft was good, but felt like catch up like last year. I don't really remember much popping out games wise besides the indie stuff and the Rare collection. Halo seemed fine. That was about it really.

EA was real bad as usual and I only felt good about Need For Speed and Mirror's Edge coming out of that.

Ubi's had absolutely nothing and was a bad show as usual. Eaisly the worst. It makes them look really bad that Sony and Square made unicorns and bird dogs reality and we still have nothing about Beyond Good and Evil 2.

Sony blew it out of the water. Last Guardian, Street Fighter V, Horizon, and Uncharted 4 all looked great. SHENMUE and FINAL FANTASY VII were eaisly the biggest reveals of Monday.

Nintendo's was good. I liked or was indifferent to pretty much everything they showed besides that fucking Animal Crossing Fortune Street. I don't understand how people are angry about Metroid and not that. That Paper Mario and Luigi game was so cool and weird. No real big surprises, but those don't always happen at E3 for Nintendo anymore with the way they do directs. I don't know why people hated it so much. Maybe I'm just blinded by cute idols with Fire Emblem demons/personas dating simulator.

Square Enix was HOLY SHIT NIER WHAT HOW WHY PLATINUM WHAT YES. Also Just Cause, FF stuff, Star Ocean, WHEN YOU WALK AWAY YOU DON'T HEAR ME SAY PLEEEEEEESE OH BABY, and Deus Ex all looked great to me. Also Tokyo RPG Factory is a great studio name and I want to see what they make.

For me it goes Sony=Square>Nintendo>Microsoft>EA>Ubi

This was eaisly the best E3 in a good long while. I can't believe Square Enix of all companies made me optimistic about video games.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bethesda, followed closely by Sony.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Microsoft, but that might have to due to the fact that I had pretty low expectations. Sony and Bethesda are close, but backwards compatibility and hololens demo nudged MS past them.

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The PC Gamer thing was pretty good. Hopefully this is a proof of concept, to expand on next year.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#43  Edited By isomeri

I feel like everyone had pretty good shows all around and every conference had games I'm excited to play.

Sony probably had the biggest "wow" effect, but as someone who doesn't care about Final Fantasy or Shenmue I can't really say the announcements hit me all that much. Also they didn't have any exclusives lined up for this year. Horizon looked great though and is probably the most interesting new IP announced at the show so far.

Microsoft and Square both had loads of games I'm excited to play. Also it's been nice to be able to enjoy E3 on my console at home in the form of that Gears beta and backwards compatible games on the Xbox One. Can't wait for that Forza 6.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've come out of this week realising there's at least three more games before the year is out that I intend to buy. This year's show has been grand.

ChampyBit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sony, but not really for anything they did...

No Caption Provided

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Square Enix had the Yosuke Matsuda "Staff Clapping The Longest Award", hence they won!

Crommi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Split between Sony and Square-Enix. Sony's conference kept my attention better than others even if there were no solid dates. Square-Enix had a decent lineup even if Star Ocean was really the only one that stood out, obviously I'm excited about Deus Ex but we've already known about it for a long time. Multiplayer Hitman is not something I'm looking for, that game requires patience and finesse, traits which are not found in multiplayer games.

Microsoft, holo-lens demo got my imagination working to figure out different implementations for it but rest of it was mindnumbingly dull.
Bethesda, small clip of Dishonored 2 that looked ok I guess, can't remember anything else.
EA, NFS looked better than I expected.

budgietheii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sony won in terms of what generated their company the best momentum/interest.

Microsoft 'won' in a level headed analysis of how the next one to two years will look but that's not what this is about.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was it just my imagination or did the press conferences this year feel more crowd-active? Are there less working journalists there these days and more "fans/employees" so to speak than there have been in the past (sans Nintendo's old ones I guess)? I thought about it during the Bethesda presentation but it really got underlined once I had seen all of them.

As for me, I was pleased with most of them. Out of sheer entertainment and overall impressions I would probably pick Sony. Microsoft had some fun stuff to show that made me almost consider getting an Xbox One at some point, but it's still not enough. What I saw of Nintendo just made me realize that Nintendo is operating on some level I don't even grasp anymore and I am so far removed from them that I get nothing by watching their presentations. EA, Ubisoft and Square all had good stuff I'm excited about, but their shows weren't the most entertaining.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jesus_Phish

Don't get the Bethesda love at all. Doom looked rad, but that's it. Then again people are blinded by the Fallout hype.

Square was best. Had a great mix of East/West games. Awesome lineup all around.

I was really impressed by Square. I didn't expect much at all, Tomb Raider, Just Cause and Deus Ex. That's all I thought they'd have. They had loads though. Lots of surprises, lots of games and franchises that you'd never expect to see again.