#1 Edited by valrog (3741 posts) -

I've been thinking about all those incredible games from the past, and I thought to myself how great it would be if they remade them. So, list the games you would like to see revived through a remake. I guess I'll go first.

• MediEvil I/I
  • Legacy of Kain Series
  • Fallout 1/2
  • System Shock 1/2
  • Resident Evil Series
  • Ultima Series 
  • Metal Gear 1/2
  • Metal Gear Soli
  • Deus Ex 1/2
  • Warcraft Series
  • Thief Series
  • American McGee's Alice
  • Dark Cloud

Off the top of my head.
#2 Posted by Scooper (7920 posts) -

I'd love to see a Resident Evil 2 REmake. Also, a HD remix of the original Donkey Kong Country would make me dance like a fairy.

#3 Posted by Marcsman (3381 posts) -

My menage a trois with my wife. 
After years of begging she finally consents. 
The very evening of the magical night 
She introduces me to Herman. 
Fucking details again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#4 Posted by Legend (2695 posts) -

FFVII.. Seriously, Square Enix, isn't it time already?

#5 Posted by Giantstalker (1884 posts) -

Any of the old MechWarrior games.
Descent 1/2.
Total Annihilation (Supreme Commander doesn't count).
Homeworld.

#6 Edited by Klei (1799 posts) -

Freedom Fighters. 
Thief. 
Monkey Island ( a fully fledged adventure ) 
Legacy of Kain. 
MediEvil. 
Soul Reaver.
#7 Edited by Gabriel (4131 posts) -

Where those Medevil games any good?

#8 Posted by Maystack (929 posts) -

Legend of Dragoon has been the top of any remake/sequel/prequel choices for me for the past eight years or so.

#9 Posted by believer258 (12968 posts) -

Metroid 2 and Super Metroid. I'd like to see them get the same treatment that brought us Metroid Zero Mission. 

I hope that Halo 2 gets the same treatment that Halo 1 is currently getting, only I could do without the old graphics. I'm getting the new one partly to avoid the old graphics. I also hope they eventually remake all the series' multiplayer maps that haven't already come out on Reach. 

Morrowind. With better combat and some directions as to where the fuck I'm supposed to go. Seriously, the reason I strongly dislike that game and don't play it much is because the combat is horrible on PC or Xbox and the fact that I just get told a name and have no clue which direction it's in. I hate it when games do this, it infuriates me when I just wander around with no indication as to where I'm supposed to go. (I realize the irony of this statement considering that Metroid was my first suggestion, but it's done much better there than it is in Morrowind.)

Hot Wheels Turbo Racing. Because holy crap that was fun. 

Half-Life 1 and its expansions. I just wish the Black Mesa project would actually come out. 

I wish a Ratchet and Clank collection would come out on PS3 with all 6 of the Ratchet games released on PS2, even if the last two weren't so amazing. 

I also wish a Jak and Daxter collection with all 6 games in the universe thus far would come out on PS3. 

Resistance Retribution was a good game on a bad console; it also could have used a PS2/3 release. I believe a Sony bigwig recently announced that they were remaking some PSP games for the PSN Marketplace, so I hope that one will be on there. 

Also a KH 1/2/BBS collection for PS3. 

That's all I can think of at the moment.

#10 Posted by lockwoodx (2532 posts) -

The only thing that would ever get me to consider touching Origin or EA products with a 10ft pole is a remake of Clive Barker's The Undying. Not even the new Syndicate rumors move me the way that would.

#11 Posted by kalmis (1744 posts) -

One game to rule them all.. or something

Tie Fighter

#12 Posted by Gerhabio (1992 posts) -
American McGee's Alice

?

#13 Posted by BoG (5390 posts) -

Eternal Darkness, remade with good gameplay. Greatest game EVER.
#14 Posted by lockwoodx (2532 posts) -

@BoG said:

ok I'd have to second this.

#15 Posted by valrog (3741 posts) -
@Gabriel said:

Where those Medevil games any good?

Yes. Truly incredible games. MediEvil 2 is one of my favorite games of all time. Of all time. I would kill for a remake.
#16 Posted by Dagbiker (7022 posts) -

I want to see a remake of:

and a NEW: Gabrial Knight, Vivia Pinata, Transport Tycoon and any RPG made with the INFINITY engine

#17 Posted by Clonedzero (4206 posts) -

i'm 100% against remakes to be honest.
i'll always want a new experience over an updated old one.

#18 Posted by RE_Player1 (7948 posts) -

Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3... DON'T JUDGE ME!!!! Seriously though that is still to this day the best DBZ game ever made and I still play it regularly.

#19 Posted by Bulby33 (654 posts) -

I would love to see a remake for Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3 like the original remake on the Gamecube. Imagine how good these games could look in HD.

#20 Posted by Creamypies (4166 posts) -

Resident Evil 2 & 3 would be great.

Also a Silent Hill remake would be pretty awesome too.

#21 Posted by gamb1t (1000 posts) -

Resident evil 2. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!!

#22 Posted by Binman88 (3707 posts) -

I'd like to see Thief 1 and 2 remade and improved.

#23 Posted by Scooper (7920 posts) -
@Buzzkill said:

@BoG said:

ok I'd have to second this.

I think you mean Heart Of Darkness is the greatest game ever. To that I say you're not correct but it is damn good.
#24 Posted by Levius (1324 posts) -

I would love a portable remake of Ring of Red, and a update to rollercoaster tycoon 1 and 2 games.

#25 Posted by Malphye (414 posts) -

Resident Evil 0,1,2,3 and Code V with Resident Evil 4 gameplay.

#26 Posted by Branthog (5717 posts) -

Heavy Rain, the next console generation, with decent voice acting.

#27 Posted by gorkamorkaorka (507 posts) -

@valrog: Of all of these, MediEvil, Ultima, and Legacy of Kain need to come back. I know this isn't the best comparison but I think the closest we have to Ultima right now is like The Witcher. I have only played Ultima I, VI, and UO extensively though. Stones.

#28 Posted by atomic_dumpling (2513 posts) -

Shadow Man HD

#29 Posted by EuanDewar (5155 posts) -

Simpsons: Hit and Run and Halo 2.

My 2004 right there.

#30 Posted by JCTango (1485 posts) -

I said it before, and I'll say it again:  I would love to see Strider come back!  A new version of his latest arcade game would be awesome.

#31 Posted by gamb1t (1000 posts) -
@Delphye said:

Then it wouldnt be resident evil
#32 Posted by AhmadMetallic (19303 posts) -

I would pay.... unbelievable amounts of money for a Battlefield 2 remake

#33 Posted by JJOR64 (19572 posts) -

Tomba.

#34 Posted by ShaneDev (1702 posts) -

Deus Ex 1 was kinda remade with Human Revolution or at least it seemed that way to me.  

TIE fighter is the one I really want to see remade. It's one of the best Star Wars games ever. I still have it on CD but it would be nice to play an updated version.

#35 Posted by DeF (5230 posts) -
@G3RHRT said:
American McGee's Alice

?

is not a remake.

personally, I'd love a really well made Terranigma remake but I'm a sucker fot that game anyway (see avatar^^)

from the OP's list, I'd say the two System Shock games need one ..or at least an official re-release on GoG or Steam! and then there's the usual Resident Evil 2 remake that for whatever reasons till hasn't happened yet.
#36 Posted by QKT (254 posts) -

star wars battlefront of course.

#37 Posted by DonPixel (2757 posts) -
@valrog: A good remake of Alpha Centaury and Thief
#38 Posted by gorkamorkaorka (507 posts) -

Here's an idea. Everyone wants RE2 remade. They have remade RE2 so many times in various ways that I wonder if they'll ever do it justice. How about just another RE game that takes place in a city full of zombies. That's what I feel made two so great. Just classic zombie-filled city.

#39 Posted by Malphye (414 posts) -

@gamb1t said:

@Delphye said:

Then it wouldnt be resident evil

Re4 maybe was a bad example. More like Dead Space. I want the overall mood to stay in there but I agree the suspense would take a hit being able to see whats coming at you.

#40 Edited by James_ex_machina (913 posts) -

WarCraft 2 the way it was with next gen graphics.

Cool Spot LOL

Gunstar Heros

Earthworm Jim(with controls that worked)

#41 Edited by BaneFireLord (3095 posts) -

I'd love Morrowind HD, or a full-on remake on the Creation Engine. I know about the Morroblivion mod, but something official and available on Steam, PSN and XBLA would be even better.

#42 Posted by ElBarto (306 posts) -

I rather just get a sequel than a remake.

#43 Posted by chronicsmoke (1032 posts) -

RE2 and Shenmue

#44 Posted by Adamsons (877 posts) -

Dungeon Keeper, Zone of the Enders 2 and the Legacy of Kain series.

#45 Posted by Gerhabio (1992 posts) -

@DeF said:

@G3RHRT said:
American McGee's Alice

?

is not a remake. personally, I'd love a really well made Terranigma remake but I'm a sucker fot that game anyway (see avatar^^) from the OP's list, I'd say the two System Shock games need one ..or at least an official re-release on GoG or Steam! and then there's the usual Resident Evil 2 remake that for whatever reasons till hasn't happened yet.

It comes with the first game which looks a little better. Other than that I don't know what you could do to a game that old to make it a "remake" without it being a sequel, it's not like most people played that for the story.

#46 Posted by kiyseph (38 posts) -

I just recently watched my brother play through the REmake and that was a very SOLID game. So I'm going to voice the same opinion as everyone else here, I would have loved to see a remake of RE2 and RE3 in the same vein.

#47 Posted by AuthenticM (4247 posts) -

Final Fantasy VII and The Legend of Dragoon, although I'd prefer a prequel to Dragoon instead of a remake, set during the Dragon Campaign.

#48 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1695 posts) -

I think a Jak remake could be kind of alright. I grew up playing those games a lot so of course I'm going to say that, but still would be cool to see that series return to form.

#49 Posted by _Horde (851 posts) -

Grim Fandango, only because I want to be able to buy it somewhere. The only thing they would have to add is being able to change Manny's suit, 'cos it has to be a remake.

#50 Posted by Marz (5745 posts) -

FF3 aka 6
Deus Ex
Vagrant Story
Xenogears
Daggerfall