Which Rpg: White Knight Chronicles or Demon Souls

cspanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cspanick

I am craving a good rpg on the ps3 and was looking at these two games that recently came out.  I have read a lot of good things about demon souls but have heard it is frustratingly hard.  On the other hand WKC looks good but I have read negative things about the battle system even thought it looks like fun.  What do you think?

MoonlightMoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By MoonlightMoth

Demon's Souls
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By ryanwho

Sounds like you're already leaning toward WKC. Just go with your gut.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By handlas

well I haven't played White Knight....but....Demon's Souls over anything.  Easily.  Nothing has been better than it this year thus far.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SamStrife

I've also been having this mental debate, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

From what I've heard about WKC is it's better than any of the press make it out to be, but not by much.  It's a good game but not a great game.

Demons' Souls seems to be everyone's little darling though.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Barrock

Do you enjoy brokenly difficult games?

Avatar image for onemanfreakshow
onemanfreakshow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By onemanfreakshow

Save your money and buy FFXIII when it comes out. That's the only correct solution to this predicament.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By shadows_kill

Both are fantastic games. I feel like im going to be playing WKC a lot more though but really you cant go wrong either way. Demons souls is harder (not nearly as hard as everyone says though) also its "darker". WKC is more jrpg-ish. Battles are pretty easy but fun and its more colorful.

Valkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#9  Edited By Valkyr

Go for WKC, it is going to be a trilogy so maybe they will fix the things the press and the users are criticizing in the sequel, by that time you will be lazy to go through 1 and 2

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By cstrang

Demon's Souls is honestly one of the best games of last year.  I loved almost every minute of it.

MrGetBonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MrGetBonus

I haven't played WKC but you can't go wrong with Demon's Souls.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xyzygy

Demon's Souls isn't as hard as it's been put out to be. It's just that the learning curve at the beginning is high. If you remember to use your shield and go slow, you will get so good at the game to the point where you can run through the levels while taking minimal damage. It was my favorite game from last year. 

What Demon's Souls does lack is it's story and characters. But the gameplay more than makes up for it and you won't even mind by the time you're on second playthrough.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pause422

Man this is a pointless question dude, Demon Souls is an amazing game, WKC seems to have a lot of problems..and even if it was considered good, it wouldn't be as good as Demon Souls.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By LiquidPrince

Both not for me. Go with Dragon Age. If you really want one of those two, get Demon's Souls, but I still recommend Dragon Age over both.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Karkarov

If you can handle a game that basically says "take me seriously or I will bend you over and make you call me daddy" play demon's souls.  If you would rather play a cliche "jrpg" story with a sub par combat system play WKC.  If you want to play a piece of flaming crap that is disguised by good graphics play FF13.  If you want to play a game that pretends to be Baldur's Gate but is never more than a wannabe play DA:O.  Or go for the only game out of all the recent good RPG's that has no noticeable flaw, Mass Effect 2.  

I will go down as suggesting you play Demon's Souls though.  It is impossible to over rate it because it is that good.  But when I say you have to take it seriously I am not kidding, if you approach it like it is diablo you are going to get your ass handed to you repeatedly.  Read the manual, check forums, look at Wiki's, then play.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ryanwho
@Karkarov said:
" If you can handle a game that basically says "take me seriously or I will bend you over and make you call me daddy" play demon's souls.  If you would rather play a cliche "jrpg" story with a sub par combat system play WKC.  If you want to play a piece of flaming crap that is disguised by good graphics play FF13.  If you want to play a game that pretends to be Baldur's Gate but is never more than a wannabe play DA:O.  Or go for the only game out of all the recent good RPG's that has no noticeable flaw, Mass Effect 2.    I will go down as suggesting you play Demon's Souls though.  It is impossible to over rate it because it is that good.  But when I say you have to take it seriously I am not kidding, if you approach it like it is diablo you are going to get your ass handed to you repeatedly.  Read the manual, check forums, look at Wiki's, then play. "
Your memories might be clouding you a bit here. BG is positively archaic in many ways compared to DA. Sure, there's no Misc, and that's a big problem, but the AI management they stole from FF12 is so much better and you never get stuck in a doorway.
Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Shadow

Demon's Souls by far.  White Night Chronicles just seems like a less interesting version of Final Fantasy XII where you occasionally turn into a giant.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By Marz

if you like JRPG go with white knight, If you like a more hardcore rpg then go with demon soul's.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Karkarov
@ryanwho said:
" @Karkarov said:
Your memories might be clouding you a bit here. BG is positively archaic in many ways compared to DA. Sure, there's no Misc, and that's a big problem, but the AI management they stole from FF12 is so much better and you never get stuck in a doorway. "
Nah, the story is basically fodder, most of the characters are forgettable, and the combat is clearly borrowing from the style Baldur's Gate used but it is not as deep as the D&D system, and the new powers etc just feel bland and lack alot of depth.  It almost felt like playing single player WoW at some points.  Please bear in mind I beat it twice and played Baldur's Gate 2 less than a year ago.
Avatar image for altf4_for_colors
ALTF4_FOR_COLORS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ALTF4_FOR_COLORS
@xyzygy said:
"Demon's Souls isn't as hard as it's been put out to be. It's just that the learning curve at the beginning is high. If you remember to use your shield and go slow, you will get so good at the game to the point where you can run through the levels while taking minimal damage. It was my favorite game from last year.  What Demon's Souls does lack is it's story and characters. But the gameplay more than makes up for it and you won't even mind by the time you're on second playthrough. "

This. 

Demon's Souls isn't hard so much as it is unforgiving.
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Start a poll.

Synchronatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Synchronatic

Demon's Souls = Win.

Plain and simple.

Synchronatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Synchronatic

Demon's Souls = Win.

Plain and simple.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ryanwho
@Karkarov said:

" @ryanwho said:

" @Karkarov said:
Your memories might be clouding you a bit here. BG is positively archaic in many ways compared to DA. Sure, there's no Misc, and that's a big problem, but the AI management they stole from FF12 is so much better and you never get stuck in a doorway. "
Nah, the story is basically fodder, most of the characters are forgettable, and the combat is clearly borrowing from the style Baldur's Gate used but it is not as deep as the D&D system, and the new powers etc just feel bland and lack alot of depth.  It almost felt like playing single player WoW at some points.  Please bear in mind I beat it twice and played Baldur's Gate 2 less than a year ago. "
Im playing it right now, BG2, and the frustrations that come with fights later on are really bumming me out. Im at a point where I feel like I have to set it to pause every turn because the AI doesn't do what it should on it own. I've got two clerics set to offensive/defensive cleric, who with a ton of magic spells left over, just walk right up to the vampire and melee till they're dead. They also have slings, they just choose to melee. I mean, I'm a fan of what the game is trying to do, but god, its so ridiculous to manage everything near the end.