Which upcoming Aliens vs. Predator game is "more important" / the big one ?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By AhmadMetallic
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Well, after reading all the posts in Abyssfull's  "unnecessary movie sequels" thread, i got interested in the whole Aliens vs. Predator thing and looked up the movies (i'll make sure to watch all the movies including Predator and Aliens) and games and found that there are TWO 2010 games, not one..  

which one is the big shot game ? or the one that is more awaited by the crowds ?

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Cerza

I voted for Aliens: Colonial Marines, but I thought that got killed in development.

Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By DragoonKain1687

AvP by Rebellion. The first 2 for the PC were amazing games, really good. In fact, Doom 3 was heavily based on the Marines campaign of both of them. 

If you have the chance, play it. You will understand why there is faith in AvP.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Alexander
I much prefer the direction of Colonial Marines, take me back to the Sulaco yes please. I also have more faith in Gearbox.
Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Alexander
@DragoonKain1687: The second one (imo the better one) was developed by someone else.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Snail

I think they're going to ruin the AvP franchise with that game, so I'll say Colonial Marines, because I've come to learn to trust gearbox.

Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Slippy

Colonial Marines. Rebellion haven't made a worthwhile game in years - nostalgia over the original AvP isn't going to suddenly change this.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By GunstarRed

Colonial marines... It could be an awesome squad based shooter...  I have never been fond of the whole AvP concept.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By penguindust

Which was the RPG?  That was the one I really was looking forward to, but the shooter seems to be the next installment (although it's been banned down under, I think).  

Speaking of unnecessary games linked to potentially canceled titles.  I hear that the Stargate license holders have announced a new shooter.   So, before the Stargate MMO sees the light of day, a very run-of-the-mill (from appearances) shooter will likely arrive.  LINK

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jkz

AvP is essentially a re-make of the older games with modern touches. Colonial Marines seems like something genuinely fun and refreshing, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Pie

Although I love the look of AvP, colonial marines is going to be a co-op based first person shooter which Gearbox has proved there okay at. However I dont generally like co-op games so im going to say AvP

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The Gearbox game is probably the title with most potential, but the Rebellion game is the one bearing the vaunted namesake. 

Not terribly excited for either game, though. Don't know what that says.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Pie said:
" However I dont generally like co-op games "
rEALLy ? i thought you were a co op whore since you were all over borderlandz
Sdoots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#15  Edited By Sdoots

I geniunely hope that Rebellion suddenly remembers how to make good games and AvP3 ends up being as awesome as it should be. From what I've seen, they are on the right track. They still need to work on the HUD, the world needs more color (everything I've seen is either green and gray, or brown and black.), and early reports say that the humans feel really bland compared to the other two races, and even against other standard FPS gameplay. Those three things are all pretty concerning, as the HUD in the previous AVP games told you just what you needed to know, with a few extra bells and whistles to make you feel a little more like you are looking through the predator mask or something. The one I've seen from the predator gameplay in AVP3 looks like an absolute clusterfuck. I also couldn't figure out what was happening most of the time because EVERYTHING IS FREAKING LIFELESS. I shouldn't be unable to distinguish rocks, trees, and characters from each other. On the other hand, the targetted jumping seems perfect for making the predator move as precise as he does in the movies, and the weapons at his disposal seem well done. The stealth effects are also spot on.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pie
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Pie said:
rEALLy ? i thought you were a co op whore since you were all over borderlandz "
I like single player Borderlands
NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By NoXious

Colonial Marines, I would love to stand together with a bunch of friends against an impending Horde of aliens.
Weld some doors shut, setup a motion sensor sentry gun - prepare for some nights of fun.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By zeforgotten

For Aliens vs Predator I would have to go with the new Aliens vs Predator game obviously o.O 
Aliens: Colonial Marine has nothing to do with AVP o.O

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Pie said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Pie said: