• 123 results
thuiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#101  Edited By thuiscool
@LordAndrew: On the happy Hour, Mike Tatum explained that they were doing something "different" with the wiki to make it better for tech stuff, so that's what's taking so long. It will be interesting to see what that will be.
Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By Portis
@thuiscool said:

" @LordAndrew: On the happy Hour, Mike Tatum explained that they were doing something "different" with the wiki to make it better for tech stuff, so that's what's taking so long. It will be interesting to see what that will be. "

Oh thank God. I was starting to think there wasn't going to be one. 

Also, which Happy Hour was that? I can't seem to find it -- I'd like to watch it. :)
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Shirogane:   Commonwealth Bank is the worst bank in Australia.  Highest fees, lowest benefits.  I left them over a decade ago.
zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#104  Edited By zero_

I'm willing to take money from people into my PayPal account, and I'll log into their WM and buy them a subscription with my credit card. I promise.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By N7
@Zero_ said:
" I'm willing to take money from people into my PayPal account, and I'll log into their WM and buy them a subscription with my credit card. I promise. "
That just gave me an idea! Whiskey Media should have a new program for people willing to help other people by selecting trusted members and allowing them to transfer funds from PayPal and buy them subscriptions using their credit card!

What can go wrong!
samueldev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#106  Edited By samueldev

Still could use an official response, just so we have it on record so people who ask in the future can revert to this

wintermute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#107  Edited By wintermute

I'm an American so using a credit card is no issue for me. But I would like the chance to buy another T-shirt or sweater or something. I have to work during the day and I'm not constantly checking my email so on the occasion when they put something in the WM store, I'm always too late to get one. :-(

wintermute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#108  Edited By wintermute
@Skytylz:@Skytylz said:
" @mutha3 said:
" @Jeffsekai said:

" How do you people not have a credit card in this day and age? "

Europeans tend to not get in debt often enough to need one!  I've got a credit card for what its worth, but what Whiskey Media's offering right now just doesn't seem worth it. "
I always forget how much better you guys are than us! "
Every time I start to flatter myself into thinking that I am almost as good of a person as even the lowest European, one of them pops up to remind me that I am not and never can be.
Juvarial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Juvarial
@Jeffsekai: Some people can't simply handle the "ZOMG FREE MONEY" aspect.
Or mommy and daddy wont get them one for obvious reasons.  
IDK.   
I just use mine all the time and pay it off. I love having a perfect credit score.
Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#110  Edited By Jeffsekai
@Juvarial said:
" @Jeffsekai:   I just use mine all the time and pay it off. I love having a perfect credit score. "
Me too.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#111  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Y U NO ACCEPT PAYPAL

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#112  Edited By SSully
@mutha3 said:
" @Jeffsekai said:

Europeans tend to not get in debt often enough to need one!  I've got a credit card for what its worth, but what Whiskey Media's offering right now just doesn't seem worth it. "

I dont get your reasoning. If you want something you charge it if you have the money. Also great generalization there, because you know all Americans are in debt and just mindlessly buy things they cant afford. 

I dont see this point of worth unless you are saying you don't want it because you dont think it is worth the cost. 
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By toowalrus
@mutha3 said:

" @Jeffsekai said:

I lived in New Zealand for 2 years in 2005-2006, when they were basically Americas guinea pig for the EFTPOS system. Basically, everyone 10 and up carried debit/check cards with them. I assume Eurpeans have debit card technology too. They aren't credit cards- they just take money out of your bank account, and can be used anywhere a credit card can be used. Everyone I know has one... it's crazy that people don't have debit cards- I mean, I can't imagine a scenario where I've got money sitting in a paypal account, but no bank account to transfer that money too (and just about every bank will give you a debit card for free).
jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#114  Edited By jozzy
@TooWalrus said:
" @mutha3 said:

" @Jeffsekai said:

I lived in New Zealand for 2 years in 2005-2006, when they were basically Americas guinea pig for the EFTPOS system. Basically, everyone 10 and up carried debit/check cards with them. I assume Eurpeans have debit card technology too. They aren't credit cards- they just take money out of your bank account, and can be used anywhere a credit card can be used. Everyone I know has one... it's crazy that people don't have debit cards- I mean, I can't imagine a scenario where I've got money sitting in a paypal account, but no bank account to transfer that money too (and just about every bank will give you a debit card for free). "
Or you can read the thread where people say their debit card doesn't work for paying online.
wickedsc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By wickedsc3

Yea i really dont understand how people have paypal but no checking account (which you get a debit card with)

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#116  Edited By mutha3
@SSully said:

" @mutha3 said:

" @Jeffsekai said:

I dont get your reasoning. If you want something you charge it if you have the money. 
Other systems of charging money non-physically are in place(like PIN). Like many Europeans here have said, credit cards are not  something that is super common here.

Also great generalization there, because you know all Americans are in debt and just mindlessly buy things they cant afford.

Its not a generalization, its an objective truth that a lot of Americans put themselves into debt through credit cards. Its a cultural thing, combined with the way monetary exchange systems  that are adopted in stores throughout America(ie credit cards or cash). The combination of those two things, is why credit cards are "a thing" in America.

I have no idea in what mystical hidden part in my post you seen me say "ALL AMERICANS PUT THEMSELVES INTO DEBT".

Also, it was a tongue-in-cheek reply, don't be such a bitch.

@SSully said:

"   I dont see this point of worth unless you are saying you don't want it because you dont think it is worth the cost.  "

I mean the happy hour is really lame and the other features are even lamer.
Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#117  Edited By Belonpopo

Same.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

The only reason I have not bought a membership is because of no Paypal.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#119  Edited By citizenkane
@wickedsc3 said:
" Yea i really dont understand how people have paypal but no checking account (which you get a debit card with) "
I think a lot of the PayPal wanting comes from those living in Europe.  They have debit cards (or something equivalent), but they don't work outside of Europe.
samueldev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By samueldev
@Bucketdeth said:
" The only reason I have not bought a membership is because of no Paypal. "
This.
htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By htr10

since this came up in this thread, for whatever reason, as far as America/European debt and credit card use: 

Household debt as a percentage of disposable income
Denmark 260%
Netherlands 246%
New Zealand 181%
Australia 173%
United Kingdom 159%
Ireland 141%
United States 135%
Sweden 134%
Japan 132%
Canada 126%
Germany 107%
Spain 107%
Finland 89%
France 89%
Italy 59%

Read more: http://curiouscapitalist.blogs.time.com/2008/02/07/americans_arent_the_only_peopl/#ixzz1HvJAdjZT     

I claim no responsibility for or deep knowledge of these numbers, just found them by googling out of my own personal interest.

Young_Scott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Young_Scott

Between all the debating back and forth about how we Europeans use our debit cards, I'd just like to mention that I want a monthly payment PayPal option for a very legitimate reason: I get charged an additional international transaction fee by my bank for every month of Whiskey Media premium. I've since cancelled my account until I can afford a yearly subscription.

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#123  Edited By nickux
@latros: I'm not trying to be rude here, I'm genuinely confused about something. For my paypal account, I have it linked to my debit/credit card. Is this not a requirement for all paypal accounts? Maybe it isn't but to me it seems logical that most people with the ability to have a paypal account could just as easily have a bank account which would net them a credit or debit card. I just don't understand why people are clinging to paypal so vehemently. Do you not have a credit or debit card from your bank? Also, does paypal not require one to be linked to an account? I'm guessing no but how do you purchase things without that?