• 70 results
#1 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -

Now I was one of the unlucky people who A) Lives in the UK so is lagged to hell and B) wasn't fast enough to get my details in before someone else stole my goods. 

I'm pretty sure that many of you are in at least 1 of those categories and it sucks. I'm also pretty sure that they could have made 400 T-Shirts and 100 Hoodies and still sold them all. They could have made 800 T's and 200 hoodies and they would have sold.  

What I'm getting at here is, please if anyone at Whiskey/Giant Bomb is reading this, please consider making these in bigger numbers even if it means rising the price. I'd have paid $20 for that shirt and $10 shipping. 

Basically, I'm desperate to give you my money and you're making it hard for me to do so. 

Anyone agree?

#2 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -

I guess you can count this as me saying "Signed"

#3 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

I think $20 for that shirt is too much, but $10 is still low. But yeah totally. I would buy merch. I mean I'm already paying monthly for stuff I can't enjoy anyway. Why not get something permanent for my money?

#4 Posted by CaptainCody (1508 posts) -

I can't even fathom the pride I'd get for wearing my gaming community's colors.
#5 Posted by Scrumdidlyumptious (1641 posts) -

Of course, we'll only continue doing this if you think they're rad. If you all don't wipe the store right out, we'll open it up to all Whiskey visitors a week or so later.    

This was just a test run.
#6 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5278 posts) -

I want to give whiskey media more of my money.

#7 Posted by nickux (1385 posts) -

This really seemed like a test run kind of thing. They even said if paid members didn't buy them all they would open it up next week to free members. I just don't think they expected it to sell out in four minutes. If you can sign up for PayPal I suggest using it. It allowed me to skip all the form-filling and clicked one button to purchase.

#8 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

I didn't have any money in my bank account this time around, (no car to drive to the bank with recently) so I missed out. 
I'll be ready next time though!

#9 Posted by Nurve (125 posts) -

Well they did say these were extremely limited edition

#10 Posted by jakob187 (21691 posts) -

What the HELL is everyone talking about?  Whiskey Media Store? 

I'm assuming this has to do with something on the live show.

#11 Posted by Mrnitropb (2090 posts) -

What what what?!

#12 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3820 posts) -

I'm sure this was a bit of a test.  They will probably open up a store soon and allow subscribers to buy at cost, and non-subscribers to buy for like $5 bucks more or something, down the line. 

#13 Posted by rjayb89 (7726 posts) -

EMAILS!

#14 Posted by smudo (150 posts) -

All I want is a hoodie with the GB logo on it. 

THAT'S ALL.  

I'LL PAY OBSCENE PRICES, WHATEVER.  
I JUST WANT THAT HOODIE.

#15 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Whiskey Media has a store?

#16 Posted by shorap (48 posts) -

Yeah, I just got off work (prepped a shitload of the new Twilight movie for sale and rent *shudder*) and upon seeing "sold out" across both items and all sizes, began cutting myself to let the hurt out...actually I started drinking saki..sweet, sweet saki.
#17 Posted by august (3856 posts) -

I had to work tonight. I knew there was no chance in hell that they wouldn't be sold out by the time I got home. The funny thing is that they didn't seem to realize this in the e-mail, talking about how they might sell the rest off to non-members a week after opening it up to us. Come on guys.

Anyway, yes I would like an opportunity to get one of those fly shirts at some point.

#18 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -
@wolf_blitzer85 said:
" I want to give whiskey media more of my money. "
#19 Posted by TheAdmin (713 posts) -

At least you knew about it - I'm a paid member and I didn't get the email.

#20 Posted by CrazedMaverick (215 posts) -
@99X: Yeah me too. I didn't get any email :[
#21 Posted by B0nd07 (1700 posts) -
@smudo said:
" All I want is a hoodie with the GB logo on it.  THAT'S ALL.   I'LL PAY OBSCENE PRICES, WHATEVER.  I JUST WANT THAT HOODIE. "
So do I.  I really hope they bring those back.

@99X: @CrazedMaverick: Make sure it's not in your junk mail folder.  Some people had it go there instead of their inbox.
#22 Posted by Daniel (1523 posts) -

Guys, glad you all liked the store! It was indeed a test. We'll adjust inventory for future runs, based on the success of this run.

#23 Posted by rjayb89 (7726 posts) -

*fist pump* 

I'm coming for you, hoodie.

#24 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

Thing is, if I had to pay 10 dollar shipping, even for a 10 dollar shirt, I'd probably buy a couple to lessen the shipping price overall. 

#25 Edited by sparks50 (373 posts) -
#26 Posted by august (3856 posts) -
@sparks50: ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff!!!
#27 Posted by gla55jAw (2693 posts) -

Dammit. I got the e-mail and totally forgot about it!

#28 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -

I just want to wear Vinny.

#29 Posted by wickedsc3 (1046 posts) -

1. ^ Creepy lol
2. I think with all the sites there should just be a whiskey media store.  With key chains, hoodies, shirts, ect.... from all the sites.  Which im sure is something they are planning on doing in the future, just sayin im all for it.

#30 Posted by nick_verissimo (1391 posts) -

So...that was fast. Everything sold out in 4 minutes. Thanks everyone!  
-Care of the Whiskey media Twitter account. 

#31 Posted by LeetBalla (698 posts) -

I was at work, so I got screwed. Make more damn shirts.

#32 Posted by Gerhabio (1977 posts) -

I definitely agree

#33 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -
@LeetBalla said:
" I was at work, so I got screwed. Make more damn shirts. "
#34 Posted by Sin4profit (2962 posts) -
@CrazedMaverick said:
" @99X: Yeah me too. I didn't get any email :[ "
same, no e-mail...what the fuck giant bomb, damn.
#35 Posted by kerse (2117 posts) -

yay for working when they were sold, hopefully the next ones will be less limited so that people who cant fill out the form in 5 seconds/work can get one

#36 Posted by Th3_James (2579 posts) -

Fuck, all sold out. I really wanted to order a hoodie. :(

#37 Posted by AngriGhandi (784 posts) -

Oh god dammit I need to check my email more often---
>:(

#38 Posted by Guyzea (816 posts) -

I just want a black T-Shirt/Sweater/Hoodie with the Giant Bomb Logo(Like epicsteve's shirt avatar). I'll donate as many kittens as needed for this.

#39 Posted by C0V3RT (1377 posts) -

I kinda feel a little screwed since I also got no email. :(

#40 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -

Jeff said on his live stream drive home that they're going to keep doing smaller batches like this. So basically I'm never going to be able to get a fucking shirt or hoodie because I can't type my credit card info in fast enough before everything is gone

#41 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

HEAR HEAR! I agree, I would totally buy a hoodie and another tee shirt or 4. I would be more than willing to pay the premium for them.

#42 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

If they opened the store up to non-members and made enough shit to be kept in stock longer than a day or less, I would definitely buy a Giant Bomb hoodie/t-shirt.

#43 Posted by maa4208 (80 posts) -
@LeetBalla said:
" I was at work, so I got screwed. Make more damn shirts. "
This was definitely my situation tonight. I got the email a couple of days ago and was both happy that they were doing this but immediately depressed because I wouldn't be able to buy one because of hell/Target.
#44 Posted by crapneck (136 posts) -

what does it look like? i never got an email myself.

#45 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1863 posts) -

Hoodies literally sold out in 2 minutes, I couldn't get one. At least I managed to snag shirts before those ran out too...

#46 Posted by mrfizzy (1542 posts) -

yeah i just hope this ends up being turned into a normal online store. The show goes out on Saturday morning here which sounds great except my internet would probs be lagging the live stream and im at work so cant be home to watch it anyway. am totally willing to throw down some money on some GB merch tho. 

#47 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -
@yoshimitz707 said:
" Jeff said on his live stream drive home that they're going to keep doing smaller batches like this. So basically I'm never going to be able to get a fucking shirt or hoodie because I can't type my credit card info in fast enough before everything is gone "
Do what I do.  Type the credit card number into Word or whatever prior to the store opening.  As soon as the store opens, copy and past the number into the field. You've just saved yourself 10 seconds.
#48 Posted by Death_Burnout (3797 posts) -

Yeah i really wish i checked my useless mail adress more often. This does kinda suck considering i can finally, as an overseas memeber, get a piece of the merch action and missed this short window altogether.

#49 Posted by Scratch (628 posts) -

I only found out about the email because of this thread. It went to my spam folder and I had to dig it out. Damn it.

#50 Posted by Gunharp (337 posts) -
@daniel said:
" Guys, glad you all liked the store! It was indeed a test. We'll adjust inventory for future runs, based on the success of this run. "
Keep up the excellent support work!

I hope the next run includes the same design. I know you guys might like the limited edition stuff, but this run was so limited that many feel burned. Especially since the value of the merch was so obtainable by members (as in this wasn't a $75 hoodie). An opportunity to purchase the same design would be nice, it really was that cool.

Certainly was a bummer to find out that my plan to login into the Whiskey Media store at 4:20pm and make a purchase was impossible (I am on the west coast). That product was plain gone, the second I logged : (. Its also always lame to never really participate in the live stuff. Always at work.