Whiteday, one of the scariest games I've ever seen.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Deusx

No Caption Provided
 I have not played this but it really looks scary. It's a Korean horror game that was translated a while ago. I watched a guy playing this on a stream so I have seen a little bit of gameplay. It's just... It's just creepy. The kind of creepy that prevents you from continuing forward.  

Ever since I played Amnesia I have been wondering if that is the scariest game ever created. I have played lots of scary games but none compare to that one. Could this be it? Have you played it? and what is the scariest game you have ever played?
imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By imsh_pl

I don't like scary games, I shit my pants whenever I see the zombie-ish walkers in Resistance 1.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Deusx

I love scary games but understand people that can't play them. I just enjoy the adrenaline you get after a creepy section of a game.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By zeforgotten

Isn't white day some kind of day they celebrate in Japan? (I guess Korea too?). Like a Valentines like thing or something, I swear that's what it was called.. Must google!

No, I've not played this but if it's scary I will do just that somehow. Scariest game is still the first few hours of Amnesia up untill you reach the point where you know exactly what to expect.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By Hailinel

@ZeForgotten said:

Isn't white day some kind of day they celebrate in Japan? (I guess Korea too?). Like a Valentines like thing or something, I swear that's what it was called.. Must google!

White Day is essentially a reverse Valentine's Day in Japan. Instead of a girl giving a guy chocolate, as is the common occurrence on Valentine's Day, it's the guy's turn to return the favor by presenting the girl with a gift. The holiday is also observed in South Korea.

JakeLogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By JakeLogan

Whiteday (IIRC) is sometime after Valentine's day - Girls gift boys cocoa chocolate on V-day and boys reciprocate with white chocolate on White day.  And then the Koreans take it further with Black day, where all the boys get together and commiserate over having no Valentines with a big bowl of black bean noodles.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By zeforgotten

@Hailinel said:

@ZeForgotten said:

White Day is essentially a reverse Valentine's Day in Japan. Instead of a girl giving a guy chocolate, as is the common occurrence on Valentine's Day, it's the guy's turn to return the favor by presenting the girl with a gift. The holiday is also observed in South Korea.

I knew I was right! I can't remember where I heard about this thing first but White Day just reminded me of something. So now a lovely day is turned into a horrible ghost story that will scare my pants off! ... Aaah, love. 'cries in fear'

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By IBurningStar

I'm a huge fan of horror games, so I guess I'll look into this one.  Actual scary games seem to be rare these days. Nothing has ever topped Siren for me, though. Not the episodic one on PSN, I'm talking the PS2 original. Granted, the actual game play isn't that great and I really don't think it is possible to complete without a guide, but if you can get beyond that stuff then there is a really fucking scary game in there. Like, it is a very common occurrence for you to just set the controller down for a few minutes when something happens. To be more specific, when you hear some of the sounds the shobito make. And the fact that you have to spend so much time studying their patrol routes and just monitoring them makes it worse.  The game does an amazing job of making you feel uncomfortable and vulnerable.

While I believe that the original game is the better version, the new one is still all kinds of fucked up and unnerving.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Deusx
@ZeForgotten: Amnesia is scary all the way. That game kept me cringing through the whole thing. Also, yeah, it's like valentine's day there. The story is about a boy who sneaks in his school at night to put some chocolates on a girls desk and from there... shit hits the fan. 

@IBurningStar: That sounds pretty awesome. I´ll look for that game. 
mattclassic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mattclassic
@ZeForgotten said:

White Day is a companion holiday to Valentine's Day in Japan and Korea. The funny thing is that it's actually a lot more like the traditional Western Valentine's Day than their Valentine's Day. On Valentine's Day in Japan and Korea, women give gifts to men. On White Day, men return the favor by giving gifts to the women they received gifts from on Valentine's Day.

EDIT: Beaten by a mile. Didn't know about the black bean noodle thing though. Sounds like the most depressing "holiday" ever.
Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#11  Edited By Little_Socrates

@ZeForgotten said:

No, I've not played this but if it's scary I will do just that somehow. Scariest game is still the first few hours of Amnesia up untill you reach the point where you know exactly what to expect.

If you find a way to play it, can you let me know somehow? I'm very curious.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zeforgotten

@Little_Socrates said:

@ZeForgotten said:

If you find a way to play it, can you let me know somehow? I'm very curious.

I'll try, had no luck with Amazon, sadly :(

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RE_Player1

@imsh_pl said:

I don't like scary games, I shit my pants whenever I see the zombie-ish walkers in Resistance 1.

Me too dude. Also thanks for reminding me that Resistance 1 is a legitimately good game and the sequels, 2 was abysmal and 3 isn't looking that great, can never recapture the atmosphere of the first game.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Deusx
@ZeForgotten: Whiteday isn´t available anywhere I think. I will have to pirate it  :(
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MrKlorox

STALKER, and not because of the creepy or eerie factor. Because the Zone is fuckin dangerous. Amnesia was a HUGE bore.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zeforgotten

@Deusx said:

@ZeForgotten: Whiteday isn´t available anywhere I think. I will have to pirate it :(

Seems like the translation never came out either and that 4am has stopped living, or was bashed to death by a janitor, I'm not sure. I wanna give them my money, damnit!

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Cincaid

@Deusx: "Nightmare House 2" mod for Half Life 2. It'll fuck your head over, I promise. Here's a trailer, though it doesn't show too much:

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By McShank

Amnesia is pretty damn scary, Shit i cant even get 2 hours in without stopping because im afraid the monster is gonna come eat me and i cant be having that. Before that i guess The Condemned? Bought it for a friend on xbox for his Bday way back when and played it and just remembering how creepy everything was. Stalker is also pretty good. Has the nice eerie feeling all the way through the game.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

The mine with the zombies in the first Thief game gave me nightmares for years. I literally had to have one of my friends to play the zombie levels in the next two games in the series until one day years later I decided to play them by myself again which involved a lot of screaming like a girl but in the end I totally kicked those zombies dead asses.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Arker101

I don't like horror games, partly because I know I have to walk around that corner,and something bad might happen, even if I have a badass weapon. Suspicion kills me on those games.

Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Adamsons

I like horror games, especially ones oozing atmosphere and suspense, but I cannot play anything with bugs etc that jump at you.

Unsure what it is but i just get this profound, overwhelming sense of absolute horror.

The only thing that has really come close to Amnesia for me imo, was Metro 2033. I didn't find it particularly scary, but the parts with the ghosts/shadows was really creepy and I was disappointed that there was no payoff.

Avatar image for thekingoftoilets
thekingoftoilets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By thekingoftoilets

I still hold fatal frame 1 as the scariest game i've ever played. Game is just creepy as all hell. The music still chills me.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Deusx
@CrazyChris: Duder that looks sick. I'll look for it. Damn good trailer.  
@McShank
: I love how everyone is scared of Amnesia. I definitely am. if you aren't that's because you haven't played it like it's supposed to I guess... 
@Arker101: That's exactly what I like about those games.   
@Adamsons: I really want to play that one but is it really that good? I don't want to play another FPS... 
@thekingoftoilets: You know what, I have never played that one. Obviously allways wanted to but never had the chance. It's still a really weird and creepy concept.

The best moment of any scary game is the one where you just go NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE.
Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By Branthog

In America, both days would involve giving gifts to women. Then, they'd create a third day in which we had to give gifts to women. Also, I like scary games in theory, but in practice they're never done well and therefore are not scary.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By bicycleham

Horror games always seem to have the best stories.

Tradog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Tradog

This game looks awesome! Thanks for telling me about it. I'll have to check out the original siren and Amnesia too. I love horro games, Clock tower and Haunting ground still give me chills.