Who actually crafts potions and items in games?

• 69 results
Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Poll Who actually crafts potions and items in games? (341 votes)

I'm the Crafts Master!! 21%
Crafting? What am I? A Sissy? I got no time for 'crafts' 10%
I might dabble in some Craftiness here or there 37%
If you're gonna make me craft, I suppose I'll craft - but I'd rather not 29%
I have another answer other than the above 4 hilarious options 4%

Obviously this depends on the game - I'm going through Pillars of Eternity and am about 17 hours in and I'm really enjoying it. Doing a bit of inventory stuff last night I realise that I basically never craft potions and pretty much never use consumables.

I dabbled a bit in crafting in Divinity: Original Sin and crafted weapons/armour in Dragon Age: Inquisition (as that was the only way really to get decent stuff), but I realised that other than these couple of things, I pretty much never craft items - and I never use "grenades" like in Dragon Age and Potions in other games

• 
Spitznock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I actually dislike crafting in video games because it is almost never an enjoyable thing to do. Collecting a bunch of materials and managing items between multiple containers feels like a chore, and the actual act of crafting isn't fun either.
I would much rather just buy everything.

MeMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think one of the games with the best crafting in it is Arcanum when you are playing a Tech build. For one, it sets them apart from all other builds, and you get to make cool spider bots,armour, grenades ,and other such stuff. While Tech is less powerful than magic, I had fun making a throwing bomb build in that game. Such a good game!

Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I would craft all the time in Skyrim but potions I am not usually interested in making myself.

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate crafting.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Obviously there are good and bad (sometimes very bad) crafting systems, but I find in some games you really need to craft otherwise you could really struggle.

So I do it when I like the system, want some cheevo or collectible tied to a crafting system or I need to for performance reasons.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By ShadowConqueror

In Skyrim, I crafted tens of thousands of items (mostly potions) across three or so characters. Love me some craftin'.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I don't mind crafting. I like most general crafting in games; i.e. collecting parts, getting a set of plans/recipe, and making that 'thing'. I think were it get tedious is when you have something like Skyrim where you can master nearly every single type of crafting in teh game so that despite being a master swords and and maybe a master diplomat...you a master armorer, a master chef, a master of weapons crafting & repair, a master of making arrows, a master of arcane magic to make other things, etc

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I usually avoid crafting weapons and armour until the endgame. I dislike farming for materials and would rather use whatever items I collect on my journeys. But once I've hit the level cap or whatever the game deems as "the endgame", I'll dive into that stuff. Might be a different story on The Witcher 3, though.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Crafting potions using consumables is something i'll never do. What if i never encounter this ingredient again? What if i use my weird +30 armor +15 hp regen per sec at the wrong boss?

I rather rely on my equipment / levels / skills to win a battle instead of relying on a potion i crafted and need to use at the right time.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I used to be into crafting when i played FF11 and FF14, mostly because they were moneymakers in a game where economy depended alot on crafted items. Otherwise, I only craft stuff in other games if it's something that upgrades what equipment I have or can save me money from buying vendor sold stuff.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just wonder what most games could actually do to make crafting 'fun' - the closest thing I can think of is the system in Bully, of all things.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#62  Edited By YoThatLimp

@csl316 said:

Witcher 2 made it worth doing. And making weapons in Vagrant Story was pretty rad.

Yep.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#63  Edited By sammo21

I actually think the process is awful in games like Skyrim and Fallout...however, in Witcher 1 and 2 I crafted all the time because it was fairly simple all the way around. Crafted all the time in WoW.

Poncho90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Currently playing through Ni no Kuni and I'm at the pirates and i have yet to craft anything. Compare that to me playing The Last of Us where I'm constantly crafting items.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poncho90 said:

Currently playing through Ni no Kuni and I'm at the pirates and i have yet to craft anything. Compare that to me playing The Last of Us where I'm constantly crafting items.

The Last of Us is a unique sort of case - it's pretty essential in that. I suppose my original question was intended more along the lines of RPGs

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I kind of like crafting weapons in Fire Emblem games even though its a bit of a waste of money. I don't have to farm for ingredients, I get a useful thing, and I get to name it and choose its color. Good stuff.

Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crafting in Witcher 3 was done right. You only have to craft each potion/bomb once and you don't need to spend time leveling up your craftsmanship to get to the good stuff. It's brilliant!

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I craft in the Witcher because you are actively encouraged to and i craft in FFXIV because it actually comes in handy for fights, normally though i wouldnt bother.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh, for some reason I thought this was a Witcher 3 thread and voted as such. In general I hate crafting, but in Witcher 3 I kind of like it.