Who decides

paneline140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By paneline140

Iam new here. I have been reading the posts on this forum and they all have good merrit . But really why are some locked and some not. One is just as silly as the other and what seems like a silly or stupid post to one person might not be to another. Seem like alot of hypcrocity going on in this ole world..Just somthing I have noticed. And who out there moderates the moderators  and I wonder if they the moderators can take the same critisism the y put out... Watch this will be locked or deleted..
scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By scarace360

I think cause some are mutiples and stuff dont really know eaither. And i think their is a form about the rules around here.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By gingertastic_10
Here's why some get locked and others don't. You should check it out.
laticsfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By laticsfan

Threads get locked due to multiple threads being on the exact same subject, that seems to be the biggest cause, but also due to the conversation going off-topic later in the thread. Also youtube videos with no original commentry get locked to try and reduce spam, oh and also ones that are clearly made just to up postcount e.g. What are you listening to right now.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Snail

The Mods decide. 

You should read the rules, but basically:

• Pointless threads don't live long, unless they are funny, some mods let it live for a while and then lock it, so that we can have some lulz. At least that's what it seems like. 
  • Spam threads are locked.  
  • Advertising threads (like a thread advertising your cool new website) will be locked. 
  • Troll threads will get locked, and the troller is likely to get suspended. 
  • There is zero tolerance for duplicate threads.

This is just a very small and vague briefing to help you with your doubts. All you need to know is here. If you have any questions you can contact the mods using the "PM All" link in that same thread. 

By the way, can you show us some of the threads you are talking about, so that we may see why they have been locked? I'm just curious to see how arguable the locks actually are.
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Red12b
@Snail:
Been a few trolls lately, Maybe he is one of them, Or maybe he is just watching from the outside and is just pondering the question,  
Either way, Check out the Forum FAQ guide dude, it should answer your questions,  
Can someone link him to it, My PC is acting all wierd it won't let me do it.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By JJWeatherman
Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bombs_Away
@paneline140: Well according to the moderator Hamz if there is anything disruptive or if the thread isn't productive he will lock it. In other words, whenever he's on a power trip, BEWARE!!

I don't like him in case I haven't made it clear...
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#9  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Most of the time if a thread gets locked it's because it isn't providing a platform for constructive discussion on the forums.