• 105 results
sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By sjschmidt93

I've never traded in a game in my life. I'm not sure why, I just really hate Gamestop, and the amount of cash they give for used games is insulting. It also has a little bit to do with people buying used games I guess, but I still buy used games from time to time, though rarely, I would like the people who make games to actually get the money for them.

It's just pretty much stupid. If your going to buy a game and return in a week, why not just rent it? I only buy games that I'm relatively sure I'll want to play on and off for years.  

Anyone else feel the same way?

copycatzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By copycatzen

well I just sell them via ebay, no gamespot involved.... are u against that as well?
Avatar image for deactivated-5884be30433ec
deactivated-5884be30433ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I have never done it either.
If I buy a game I will probably keep it.
I have bought used games. Seldom though because they usually over charge for them. Sometimes you can get them cheaper new.

Novyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Novyx

I'm with you on that, though I do buy used games more frequently lately. I buy new if it's a game I want to do well that isn't a guaranteed hit. Been using Gamefly mostly though, anymore. Never traded a game in, though.

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Oriental_Jams

By the time I've had my way with them, their value always seems to have decreased to the point where I'd have to give the store money to take them off my hands, so it's never really worth it, especially for the small chance that three years in the future I'll play them all over again.
Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By gingertastic_10

I don't know, I've always seemed to get some decent prices for my games at Gamestop. I traded in four games I think and got 90 bucks but I only sold those games to get credit for a PSP. So I don't really sell my games, I like to keep them and play them later.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Scooper

I used to all the time when I was younger. I'd go into my local gamestore with only £10 or something and I'd have to buy some old 2nd hand game and then I'd trade it in for maybe £3 the next time I went in and it gave me a little bit more to spend on a better game. I don't bother now though, I have my own money to buy whatever game I want and usualy the £5 store credit I'll make trading it back isn't worth it when I've paid £35 or £40 for it. So I just keep them.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Claude

I always trade in games, because I like being stupid. Gamestop is my friend.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By natetodamax

Nope, because Gamestop's policy regarding such a thing is terrible. The only game I've ever traded in was Bioshock, but I got all my money back because it was used and I traded it in within 7 days.

TimeWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By TimeWaffle

i did like back in 2004 i traded in enter the matrix and the X2 wolverine game i think i got 13 bucks for them and i haven't done any trading in since then

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Diamond

I've sworn off current gen trade ins.  No trading in 360, PS3, or Wii games.  It may not be permanent, but I had a huge problem with compulsive trade-ins in the past, and I wanted to break that.

nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By nrain

I used to trade in games if I really needed money for a new game, but I haven't traded any in for a long time now for many reasons, the money you get is disgraceful and it hurts the gaming industry.
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By eroticfishcake

Oh yeah, Gamestop are absolute wankers when it comes to trade ins. I don't like trading in games, I just attached to them even if they are shit games. Funny how one time I gave my copy of Crysis and Spore to a friend of mine when a week later my cousin (who works with EA) sent me a Collecter's Edition of Crysis and Spore...

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By breadfan

I used to trade in a lot of games, but now I barely ever trade anything in.

chstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By chstupid

Every time I trade in a game I miss them later
Expletive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Expletive

I traded in games when I was younger and I regret every single one, except L.A Rush, that game was terrible.

JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JokerClown88

I trade in from time to time.  Once my gaming collection grows and has at least 5 or 6 games that I have completed 100% and I know that I will never play again, I trade in towards a brand new game or 2.  It always works out for me.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By ajamafalous

The amount of money you get when you trade in a game to Gamestop is ridiculous. The only time I've ever traded in any games was one Christmas when my parents got me 2 games I absolutely had no intention of playing (as two games were apparently better than one), and I felt bad when I only got $12 back for their $45 purchase.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By Jeust

I rarely trade games... mainly because i get too attached to them and i like having them. So i keep piles of them :)

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By fugie7

I dont trade in my games at gamestop or gamecrazy i sell them to people online on other gaming websites.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21  Edited By zyn

ME!  Games that I buy, I keep forever.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By RHCPfan24

I used to trade in many games. My PS2, Xbox and Gamecube libraries are shells of what they used to be but that is okay because I don't play them anyway. I also got about $600-700 in the process which was very, very smart on my opinion. I haven't traded in a game for awhile (last one was the Godfather II) and I don't usually do it much nowadays with my newer games.

birchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By birchman

I never trade in my games, I like having my collection.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#24  Edited By citizenkane

I don't.  I like to collect them.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By c_rakestraw

I did on only one occasion where I had received a bunch of games (for free) that I had no interest in. Aside from that, I haven't traded in any games (nor do I plan to do so again), as I prefer to keep them around because there may be a time when I want to revisit them, and I know I'd regret it if I were to trade it in.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MeierTheRed

I never trade them in shops, i sell the ones i know i never will play again on the net.

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By VWGTI

I never trade in games.
Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Crixaliz

I don't I somewhat like to see my collection slowly build on my shelf. Since I don't buy games that often I usually end up getting pretty fun games that I don't really want to trade in anyways.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#29  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Well we don't have a rental store in our town or ANY of the surrounding areas. So I buy everything I play, but if I ain't too fond of it, or don't think I'll play it again I'll sell it on Ebay or Amazon.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Absurd

I do not.

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By bubahula

i never trade in my games,
Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still own every game I ever bought except for ones I loaned to friends and forgot about, but I've gained a few games that way too so it's a wash. I'm thinking about trading in Resistance: Fall of Man though; it came with my PS3 but I don't like it much.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ninjakiller

Never traded a game in.  Have every game from all my systems (NES, Genesis, PS2, PS3) EXCEPT for my PS1 games.  When I was in college my roommates threw a party and didn't tell me they were going to whe I was going out of town, so I didn't lock my stuff up.  So all my PS1 games were stolen along with all my music cds and some other stuff from my room. My roommates gave me some cash. but still. Fuckers.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to when I didn't have a job, but now that I have my own paycheck to buy games I don't really have a use for trade-in's anymore, unless it's a game I absolutely loath.  

"ZOMG MY COPY OF SPIDER MAN THE MOVIE THE GAME ONLY GOT ME A DOLLAR IT'S SUCH A GOOD GAME AND ONLY 8 YEARS OLD WHAT DA FUCK?!!"

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35  Edited By bwooduhs

I cant because as soon as i do i want to play it again.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By unsolvedparadox

I've done it a couple of times, but that was before I had a full time job. Even if I don't like a purchase, I keep it around (and often give it another try months or even years down the line).

Avatar image for deactivated-59c96a6e99d9e
deactivated-59c96a6e99d9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I really wish I could resist the urge to buy and trade used games. I struggle with the morality of the practice all the time.  I'd like to directly support developers each and every time I make a game-related purchase. But, the truth is, I am currently one poor dude. So, until I have a serious cash flow, I'll always trade old games for new ones. 

The positive interaction I usually have with the guys at the local gamestore usually balances out the bad feelings I get from participating in the inherently evil practice of used game trades, but it doesn't mean that I don't always feel bad about it. 

Gamestops are like Wal-Marts. Super evil, but super convenient, and inevitably full of some sketchy-ass looking human beings.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#38  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I've never traded a game in either. I like to keep a game so I know that it's always there if I want to play it and even if I did trade them in my local stores only give about £5 for Xbox 360 games when they charge £35-45 for a new one in the first place.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By meteora

Nah, I don't trade in my games. Occasionally I like to go back to those games and play them just for nostalgia.

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By marc

I've never traded in a game in my life. If I am truly done with a game, I just sell it on my own. I make more than double the value I'd get for a trade in.

MeatXbeatsXman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41  Edited By MeatXbeatsXman

I'm fortunate enough to have a locally owned game store. It's pretty badass, he's got everything dating from the colecovision to the current consoles. It's pretty absurd. I usually trade my games to him.,since he doles out more for games than Gamestop, and really knows his shit. I'm gonna be seeing him soon, the rest of the year is gonna be devastingly awesome.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

I very rarely trade any of my games, it's just not worth it imo. I once tried to trade in 10 PS2 games to Gamestop, all of which were good games in good condition and they offered me 10 dollars for all of them and each one I bought from gamestop was 10-15 dollars used. I just keep them, they may end up being worth something when I'm old. 

phlegms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By phlegms

Me, I feel really dirty if I do..

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I much prefer to hold onto my games, and go back to them later.  I've eBayed a couple of games I really didn't enjoy, but I have no idea why you'd ever trade them in, places like Gamestop just screw you over.

Forzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Forzen

Never traded in a single game. Still got all my NES and SNES games etc in boxes somewhere =P

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#46  Edited By Lazyaza

I became more of a collector of games around the time the ps2 came out so unless I really don't want a particular title anymore I tend to keep most. 
The whole trade in system has always been so unfair I've never really had much of an interest in it anyway.  I would rather hang on to the stuff that gave me (and could still give me or someone else I know) countless hours of enjoyment than to throw it away for a third of what its worth.  Come to think of it I haven't even bought a pre-owned game since like 2001. 

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By c1337us

I keep all the games I buy. But I think I am going to have to make the decision at some point. I find it harder and harder to find the room.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By iam3green

no, i don't trade in games. it is really bad for getting tradeins and money. it is really bad to do it.  they rip u off a lot and sell it higher. they take $5 off a new used games. i just think that it is a horrible to buy used for a newer release. i avoid gamestop, they are just bad business with people who don't know anything about video games. 

gamecrazy on the other hand is good. it's now where i buy my games from. the prices there are pretty good like call of duty waw for $45.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By shadows_kill

i only trade in a game i either A) hate or B) i havent played it in a long time (as in a year+) 

also i've decided to stop trading in current gen games only my ps2, gamecube etc.

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#50  Edited By teptom

I've only traded in three games in my lifetime: Gran Turismo 3, Kingdom Hearts, and NFL 2k5. I regret the Kingdom Hearts decision, so I don't trade anything in anymore. It also doesn't help that I hated the game I got after I traded those in.