#1 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (102 posts) -

I played Batman Arkham Asylum and a lot of Arkham City on Hard Mode and didn't feel challenged. I am not a big gamer so I don't think that is the reason.

With Arkham Asylum I didn't have a tough time at all except for 3 parts(the 1st is because I didn't understand what was going on). The 1st being The Stealth section where if you knock anyone out or are seen, the captives are killed, The 2nd was the corridor before the 2 brutes right near the end. The 3rd was The area with the 2 brutes.

Did anyone other than me find these games to be to easy?

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Certainly not me. I found them to be decently challenging, unless my blog on the matter directly contradicts this notion.

#3 Posted by laserbolts (5317 posts) -

I found them to be just right on hard mode.

#4 Posted by NTM (7337 posts) -

Yeah, they were both pretty easy. I mean, it's not as easy as easy or something, but it's certainly not much of a challenge.

#5 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2720 posts) -

I thought the difficulty was just right on both those games.

#6 Posted by StarvingGamer (8146 posts) -

You're Batman.

Of course it's easy.

#7 Posted by Legxend (124 posts) -

Fairly easy, finished both games on hard without any real challenge. Once you get the hang of the combat system every encounter from then on is straightforward.

#8 Posted by JTB123 (1046 posts) -

I found them very easy but there's definitely depth there for the people that want it.

#9 Posted by Icemael (6316 posts) -

The whole combat system is based around mashing a single button and occasionally pressing another one in a very generous window when an enemy clearly signals that he's going to punch you. Of course it's too easy.

#10 Posted by Kaiserreich (690 posts) -

Combat is really simplistic. I found some of the puzzles provided a decent challenge.

#11 Edited by GunstarRed (5116 posts) -

They're both about as hard as game like that should be. I remember having a bunch of problems with the Harley electric floor fights in the first game, but it forced me to learn to do more than mash meaning I got better at the game. The Robin DLC has a pretty damn challenging room in it though.

#12 Posted by Landon (4137 posts) -

I never thought it was too easy. I think both of the games, Arkham Asylum in particular, had very well designed single player adventures. The way they slowly introduce new items and weapons and slowly gave you more and more enemy's to deal with made the game fun and fresh without getting frustrating.

The games aren't easy, they're just well made.

#13 Posted by xyzygy (9944 posts) -

I think it's just right. Apparently if you think it's too easy, NG+ mode is for you... they introduce all enemy variants from the start and they're more aggressive.

#14 Posted by Daiphyer (1333 posts) -

I agree with the majority. The challenge in New Game Plus felt just right. Not cheap, not easy.

#15 Edited by MooseyMcMan (10898 posts) -

I thought that Arkham City got kinda tricky in New Game Plus, if only because sometimes the groups of dudes got so big that it was tough to see some of the enemies, and thus I wasn't able to counter.

But overall...I guess I never really died much, but I also never really felt like I was breezing through it like it was no problem.