Who here is RICH enough for everything game-related ?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By AhmadMetallic

inspired by This thread. 

Be honest

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Inspired by This thread.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Baha no, not at all. I can barely afford one game a month. Which is why I've been saving some cash for the next couple of months (what with Brutal Legend, Dragon Age: Origins, Borderlands, Alpha Protocol and Left 4 Dead 2 coming out in Oct/Nov).

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By c1337us

Having a decent paying job and being a stingy enough to still not move out of home yet means I don't go without too much I want game related so I guess I fall tentatively into the RICH category. But if I started paying rent or went absolutely spend crazy that could quickly change.

Metasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Metasin

Nothing to do with rich, more about priorities. I know a guy who lives in  a smalll 2 bedroom apt. that you barely have enough space to turn around in, but he has all three current gen systems, gets all the latest games and has an impressive collection of old systems and games.

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Tiwi
@Metasin said:
" Nothing to do with rich, more about priorities. I know a guy who lives in  a smalll 2 bedroom apt. that you barely have enough space to turn around in, but he has all three current gen systems, gets all the latest games and has an impressive collection of old systems and games. "
This.
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By trophyhunter

I only have a ps3 but I'm rich enough to buy any game I want for it

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@tiwi said:
" @Metasin said:
" Nothing to do with rich, more about priorities. I know a guy who lives in  a smalll 2 bedroom apt. that you barely have enough space to turn around in, but he has all three current gen systems, gets all the latest games and has an impressive collection of old systems and games. "
This. "
no, its not "nothing to do with rich" , its "its not always about being rich" 
And, if that guy you speak of is voting here, he should vote for A cuz im not really talking about wealth as much as im talking about i-can-afford-it-ALL(gaming wise) rich
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By JoelTGM

noooope.  I've got a good enough PC for the moment, but I always make sure I have enough money for games because I hate when a good game comes out and I can't afford to buy it just yet.  It's not like I spend money on overpriced clothing or other crap like some people I know, so I've got enough money for all of my hobbies... gaming isn't my highest priority, I just bought a $1500 bike a couple weeks ago, no way would I ever spend that kind of money all at once on video games.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@DOUBLESHOCK said:
" I've got a good enough PC for the moment"
your name is blue
Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Tiwi
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @tiwi said:
" @Metasin said:
This. "
no, its not "nothing to do with rich" , its "its not always about being rich" And, if that guy you speak of is voting here, he should vote for A cuz im not really talking about wealth as much as im talking about i-can-afford-it-ALL(gaming wise) rich "
i own a ps3, a 360 and a good GAming PC. is that enough?
Metasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Metasin
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @tiwi said:
" @Metasin said:
This. "
no, its not "nothing to do with rich" , its "its not always about being rich" And, if that guy you speak of is voting here, he should vote for A cuz im not really talking about wealth as much as im talking about i-can-afford-it-ALL(gaming wise) rich "
Fair enough, but then why not just ask the question as, "Who can afford everything game related?" if that is  what you mean? I honestly doubt there are many people on this site that can afford everything game related without sacrificing something else in their life, unless they live at home and have rich over-indulgent parents.
Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Hamst3r

I spend a lot of gaming and computer stuff. It's really all I spend money on. :o

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@tiwi said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @tiwi said:
" @Metasin said:
This. "
i own a ps3, a 360 and a good GAming PC. is that enough? "
why dont you read the title and the A. option in this poll and find out ? 

@Metasin
said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @tiwi said:
" @Metasin said:
This. "
Fair enough, but then why not just ask the question as, "Who can afford everything game related?" if that is  what you mean? I honestly doubt there are many people on this site that can afford everything game related without sacrificing something else in their life, unless they live at home and have rich over-indulgent parents. "
Well, i didnt use that title because people would choose the "yes i am" option, explaining it as "i can afford it all if i sacrifice other things in my life", which is not what im asking for. (just like i didnt choose the title "can u afford everything u want in gaming?" which many people would lie to me and themselves and say "yes" though they probably crave more) .
 im asking about being able to afford everything while still living your life completely (according to YOUR life style). so if the guy u told me about usually lives that shitty life and thats the way he rolls (which is what i thought), then he should choose A. if he's living it only so he CAN afford everything, then thats a B. 
Btw, im also talking about things like Xbox live and stuff, all those additional things that require payments and fees, does he have that ?
Metasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Metasin

Alright I get ya now, although I'm still going to bet that most of your 'A' answers will not be entirely honest.  

BTW I voted 'B'. I own two 360's (due to RROD and impatience) a handful of games (I do trade-ins regularly) a DS fat with a few games, and a PSP with a few games. 

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JoelTGM
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @DOUBLESHOCK said:
" I've got a good enough PC for the moment"
your name is blue "
oh, yeah, I own a PS3.  I'm a console gamer and an FPS PC gamer. 
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By natetodamax

None of your business?

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RsistncE

I work for a bank...so yeah I usually can buy most anything I want, not that I ever really go buck wild though since I don't think anyone could afford that unless you were so rich you had coins shoot out your ass whenever you laughed.

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By RichardLOlson

Well it really doesn't matter if someone is rich or not....I mean honestly I can afford them, but really it comes down to responsibility and whether or not you have obligations to certain things.  Like I have obligations to my son and taking care of him.

i69edUrGpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By i69edUrGpa

Well money has been tight ever since I have gotten out of prison and lots of money has gone towards my rehab. I live with some family right now and they encourage my gaming (keeps me busy, out of trouble etc.) I don't have much trouble getting my hands on games, I'm just really picky.
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By eroticfishcake

Student. Unemployed. No money.

Thank goodness for relatives and Christmas.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By jonnyboy

We have less disposable income this year than ever before. I want to buy games, my wife wants to buy games, the kids want to buy games. But collectively we've come to the decision that utill they make the "Porkstation 3" or the "XBiscuit 360" it's better to spend money on food.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By breadfan

I try not to spend a ton of money on games, I only have one of the newest consoles and I only buy games that I know have lasting value.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#24  Edited By Atlas

I could get a PS3 and Wii with games, and keep buying 360 games, if I really wanted to. But I like to be smarter with my money. Besides, I have other drains on my wallet, such as buying CD's like twice a week, and soon to be paying for driving lessons. Oh yes, and drum maintainence (new sticks every 3 months, new snare head every 4-6 months, new heads for whole kit every 8-12 months).

onyxghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By onyxghost

This guy! I can go grab anything and everything. Mind you some stuff doesn't warrant a purchace. What can I say, a single dude pulling down 75 large a year can do whatever he wants. How do you get to this point you ask? Condoms. Yup, don't have kids. It's a simple thing that makes a big difference. I have a sweet little niece and that's more than enough. It's better to be the cool uncle than you know...dad.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#26  Edited By sjschmidt93

22.7% for A = obvious lie. 

Terrible poll though, no middle ground?

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By m1k3

I make enough money to pay for games, and systems. but i also have to pay for bills and paying of my car. in the end of the day, most of my paycheck is gone within the first few days i get it.

onyxghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By onyxghost

I almost forgot. You need a degree from an accredited college. It’s easy to get. For those not in the know, college is high school with ashtrays. Now, before you whine about not being able to afford college I couldn’t either, to begin with. Life is like a big RPG. You got to level up. Sometimes, you have to hang out in a dungeon and do a little grinding. Problem: I can’t afford college. Solution: Uncle Sam is always hiring. I was a poor d-bag growing up. I got out of high school. I served my country. I went to college. Like I said, “you gotta do a little grinding in a dungeon”, but anyone can do it.

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Damian

No. But I'm glad in a way. I think if I could it would take some of the pleasure out of gaming for me. To me, selecting specific games is a game in itself, and lends itself to a certain pride in my collection.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By FluxWaveZ

15, without a job, without an allowance.  So no.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By RHCPfan24
@SJSchmidt93 said:
" 22.7% for A = obvious lie.  Terrible poll though, no middle ground? "
I agree. Not only are most of the people who chose the first choice lying, their should be another choice that isn't so black and white. I have a good amount of money in my family but due to the economic downturn (in Jeff's voice) money is tighter than it was a few years ago. But I am still able to get a good amount of games and accessories for stuff I want. But I have to really consider my purchases because I am unemployed at the moment (I am still just 16 so that is not a big issue) and money isn't really coming in. Thankfully, holidays are spread out thoroughly in the year. ;)
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@onyxghost said:
" How do you get to this point you ask? Condoms. Yup, don't have kids. It's a simple thing that makes a big difference. . "
ok, NOW i have a fucking idol.. thats you, sir. 

My life plan is to exclude all the things that feed on your pocket, emotions and peace of mind..... im 18 and 110% sure that i do not want a needy woman or any fucking kids.  believe me, its not just immature teenage thinking. 
My money is for me and me only. i dont wanna spend on any creatures that i made with my own... dick. 
In addition to the fact that im disgusted by giving birth and bringing souls to the world.. lets not go there, thats just me and my life theories. 

Anyway, you fucking rock and i salute you
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By Black_Rose

Most of my money goes to colleger and I only have a Wii which I'm happy with at the moment, so no.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Systech

No way. Every now and then I get a game and I choose to purchase most of them at the end of the year because it's when all the games come out. I never will have the impulse to buy something I never planned on getting.