Who is the best at videogames? (GB Crew)

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Poll Who is the best at videogames? (GB Crew) (116 votes)

Jeff 47%
Vinny 6%
Brad 7%
Patrick 28%
Drew 6%
Rorie 3%
Dave 3%

I was wondering on who you guys feel is the best at videogames from the Giant Bomb crew. Brad has had some lows, Shadow of Colossus, but also some highs, the Mile High club. Vinny dominated Dark Souls. Patrick spelunked in Spelunky. Drew knows how to fly numerous real life planes. Rorie is an expert on all things puppy as well as D&D. And of course there is Jeff, the uncontested Windjammers champ. So I must ask you. Of these guys. Who is the best at videogames? I added Dave just in case.

• 
Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Fredchuckdave

I'm the best.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I notice Jeff seems to come out on top a lot of the time when matched against the rest of the crew.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

Are you asking the best at videogames or the best at videogames on camera?

matt_f606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

First, who cares right? :-) Second anyone doubting Patrick should check out his youtube channel, he picks you Dark Souls super fast and has very little trouble through the run.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

"They should hire me and fire everyone else because I'm the bestest at games and then I'll be the Giantest of Bombs!"

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wjb: Remember: competence is not relevant in any situation ever within the present American system.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Patrick's recent performances with both Dark Souls and Spelunky have convinced me that he's pretty good at video games.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bigjeffrey

it's Alexis

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigjeffrey: He's certainly the anti-Jeff when it comes to Windjammers.

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am the best video game. You guys are all brad.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arbitrarywater said:

Patrick's recent performances with both Dark Souls and Spelunky have convinced me that he's pretty good at video games.

Or we're so used to everybody else on the GB crew having those old man reflexes and attention spans that he seems great by comparison. Patrick gets to stream solo, which helps quite a bit. He does markedly worse while at the Cards Against Humanity office.

Also, let's not forget Patrick's inability to read during basically the entire Chrono Trigger ER. He has his ups and downs.

Seriously, have you guys seen Vinny play Windjammers and Nidhogg? Eyes on the prize.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By jadegl

Secret 8th Option - It depends

I don't think any one person is best at games. Some people are best at RPGs, some at strategy, some at hardcore sims. Personally, I am pretty good at RPGs and FPS games like Halo, but I am bad at racing games and FPS games like COD.

So I would vote everyone is good at different stuff. And no, I'm not trying to be nice, it's just how I see it. :)

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Fredchuckdave
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

#14  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@arbitrarywater said:

Or we're so used to everybody else on the GB crew having those old man reflexes and attention spans that he seems great by comparison. Patrick gets to stream solo, which helps quite a bit. He does markedly worse while at the Cards Against Humanity office.

Also, let's not forget Patrick's inability to read during basically the entire Chrono Trigger ER. He has his ups and downs.

Seriously, have you guys seen Vinny play Windjammers and Nidhogg? Eyes on the prize.

Oh, they certainly all have their high and low points, and in terms of inter-office competitive stuff they all have their strengths: Jeff is the best at Windjammers, Vinny is the best at Nidhogg and Brad is the best at Tetris Battle Gaiden. I'm just going to give Scoops credit for actually putting the time into games to understand how they work.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted for Dave, just because he's a cool dude.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Patrick is godly at games. And by games I mean Spelunky and Dark Souls. So I voted him.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By probablytuna

As others have mentioned, watching him play both Dark Souls and Spelunky made me realise that he's pretty good at games.

hippocrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Patrick also seemed to pick up on the subtleties of XCOM. He might not have the highest of highs, but he seems the most adaptable and consistent.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Patrick at games in general, but if a game's in his wheelhouse then probably Jeff

Endwashere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Endwashere
@jadegl said:

Secret 8th Option - It depends

I don't think any one person is best at games. Some people are best at RPGs, some at strategy, some at hardcore sims. Personally, I am pretty good at RPGs and FPS games like Halo, but I am bad at racing games and FPS games like COD.

So I would vote everyone is good at different stuff. And no, I'm not trying to be nice, it's just how I see it. :)

Yeah, that and practice helps too. For example, Patrick got really good at Spelunky by sticking to it. Jeff seems to do really well when a game comes out, but a lot worse later on after not playing it for a little while.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm disappointed in all of you, Brad is the obvious answer to this poll.

'Best'

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spelunky and Dark Souls are more a matter of perseverance than outright skill, so it's Jeff.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say Jeff, but I'm not sure he actually plays video games any more. I hear Patrick's Dark Souls run went rather well. Brad couldn't find a lever in Demon's Souls when he read a note right next to it that said "Lever". I almost never see Rorie playing games, but that's not really his role in the office. Vinny seems to have trouble in games, but he has a good attitude about it and he's still fun to watch. Dave hasn't played too many games on the site so its hard to judge. I voted Drew because I assume Drew is magical at everything he sets his glorious hands upon. He only plays goofy games during UPF so that the other guys don't get sad.

No Caption Provided

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By Sterling

How does brad have more votes than Vinny?

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

How are you guys not voting for the BOSS OF BOSSES?

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny of course. Jeff knows a ton about games but I do nt think he is that good at them^^

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

Patrick's ranking has really climbed since the last time these ran.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d000a93730da
deactivated-5d000a93730da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

it depends on the genre, though there is an apparent ability to learn a game faster

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Depends on the game but Jeff is the best overall at everything and picks up a new game quicker than other members. The worst would be....Patrick but he puts in the effort to get better at games so I'll give him that.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Brad. Tetris Battle Gaiden results don't lie.