• 93 results
#51 Edited by atomic_dumpling (2442 posts) -

Does it count if they are intentionally annoying? I really hate those "fans" in Gothic (Mud) and Oblivion (Adoring Fan).

#52 Posted by IBurningStar (2145 posts) -

And then there is always Noober from Baldur's Gate...

#53 Edited by Yummylee (20541 posts) -

The mechanic from Valkyria Chronicles was awfully grating. In fact I hated just about every character in that game. OH, but that fucking reporter lady, yeah she's definitely one of the worst.

#54 Edited by WinterSnowblind (7612 posts) -

Putting Mario and Luigi on a list like this is like putting Mickey Mouse on a list of worst cartoon characters. What's wrong with you?

#55 Posted by AmatureIdiot (980 posts) -

Those kids from Lost Odyssey most annoying characters I've ever seen in a videogame. Every scene they are in they are the most horrifically grating anime cliché kids; and in the end I had to quit the game, which I was enjoying, because I couldn't take them any more.

#56 Posted by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

Tiny Tina is easily the worst character I've ever encountered in a video game

Fuck that character

#57 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

@damisterchief said:

Tiny Tina is easily the worst character I've ever encountered in a video game

Fuck that character

Exactly what I came here to say. FUCK TINY TINA.

#58 Posted by MikeJFlick (423 posts) -

With the upcoming release of Metal Gear Rising, it should be noted that Raiden no matter how hard Konami tries has always been and always will be a terrible character.

#59 Posted by benspyda (1891 posts) -

@strife777 said:

@immortalsaiyan said:

@benspyda: @strife777: @fredchuckdave: I must be one of the few who not only had no issue with hope but liked him. He may of been my favorite in the game. Him and Lighting. What is everyone's issue with him?

From what I remember, he's an immature, whiny, selfish little kid driven only by his unjustified desire for revenge towards Snow. It wasn't even Snow's fault his mother died, but he just had to blame someone.

Okay, his mother just suddenly died. ANYONE ANYONE who loses someone suddenly is going to be an emotional wreck and grasping for answers not to mention a 15 year old kid. Hope blamed Snow for his mothers death because he needed SOMEONE to blame because he couldn't cope with the fact that she was gone. Seriously, what do you expect the kid to do? Be like "Lol, my mom died guyz"?

After he reaches his character arc and deals with the death of his mother emotionally he starts to change as a person and you see this change in FFXIII-2 where he is a entirely self-confident driven individual.

I'm not saying the character's motivations don't make sense, but he's not good as a main character. Bullies at school normally have really horrible homelives but it still doesn't make them nice people to hang out with.

Maybe the kid from Ni No Kuni gets over his mothers death a little fast, but it makes for a fun character who isn't just moping through the entire game.

#60 Edited by BisonHero (5655 posts) -

Rico from killzone has got to be one of the most annoying characters ever. All his constant yelling and other stupid bs he did was just annoying as all hell.

I'd like to submit "every character from Killzone 2 ever" is the worst character ever. That whole game felt like it was written by a 14-year-old, and I couldn't even tell you any distinguishing traits of any of the characters, beyond "Rico has ADD and can't just sit still and instead has to fucking shoot people and make everything worse". Rico might actually be the best character from Killzone 2, because at least you have any feelings about him at all. What could you tell me about, I dunno, fucking Garza? Or Sev, even?

#61 Edited by HH (523 posts) -

the fucking harbinger from ME2, whose only power is the ability to irritate you to death with his idiotic soundbytes. consider my ass whipped, i cannot play those sequences without sliding the voice volume to zero. fuck you shitware.

#62 Posted by Cyrus_Saren (518 posts) -

For me, it is a toss-up between Serra from Fire Emblem and Nanami from Suikoden II.

#63 Posted by bitchypixels (67 posts) -

I cannot get past the fact that both Mario and Luigi are on this list and Tiny Tina is nowhere to be found.

I'm greatly questioning your judgement, sir.

#64 Posted by Grimluck343 (1131 posts) -
#65 Posted by VoidProd (90 posts) -

Mario and Luigi? And no Raiden? No internet for you, sir!

#66 Posted by cky4890 (95 posts) -

Cole from la noire main character should be like able

#67 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2149 posts) -

Blue Dragon's Marumaro. From the first time I heard him speak I knew Ihad to mute the volume every single time there was voiced lines.

#68 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@mwng said:

The worst.... or the best?

#69 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2167 posts) -

She may look beautiful but she couldn't be any more flat as a character.

#70 Posted by eskimo (459 posts) -

Yeah FF13 contains 5 of the top 10 worst characters ever.

#71 Posted by voltronadactylsaurusrex (69 posts) -

Matt Hazard. Nothings worse than a 2nd rate Duke Nukem.

#72 Posted by BisonHero (5655 posts) -

Matt Hazard. Nothings worse than a 2nd rate Duke Nukem.

Nothing is worse except for Duke Nukem himself.

#73 Posted by TOA_Doom (70 posts) -

Tiny Tina was my immediate thought. I can't remember ever actually disliking a video game character other than her.

#74 Posted by forkboy (967 posts) -

Tom Nook

#75 Posted by DazbotAthertron (873 posts) -

Sonic

#76 Posted by chrissedoff (2034 posts) -

@iburningstar: Noober isn't voice acted, you can skip his dialog and he gives you some easy XP. Noober rocks, in my book.

#77 Posted by hermes (1270 posts) -

I would had go with Dante, but Vanille is a much better choice.

#78 Posted by LikeaSsur (1428 posts) -

Fenris.

Never have I seen a more stereotypical, Mary Sue like character.

#79 Edited by Ravenlight (8033 posts) -

The penis in Stroker.

Edit: Gotta chime in with my love for Tiny Tina to balance out all you whiners who don't understand humor :P

#80 Posted by Rafaelfc (1281 posts) -

Shao Khan always was and will always be complete and utter bullshit!

Character design is terrible, let alone fighting him is an exercise in being annoyed and trying desperately to cheese the AI, ugh.

Fuck that dude!

#81 Edited by LornHg (41 posts) -

You've forgotten Waluigi ... that guy was invented for Mario Tennis ...

#82 Edited by RWBladewing (114 posts) -

Edge Maverick and the entire rest of the cast of Star Ocean 4. It almost feels like the writers went out of their way to make these characters as stupid as possible and to purposely include every single cliche of bad anime ever. What Edge does in the "earth" section may quite possibly be THE dumbest thing I have ever seen in a game. Not to mention that Edge Maverick is probably the worst name I have ever heard as well. There's just nothing good about him, at all.

#83 Posted by MariachiMacabre (6936 posts) -

Mario, Luigi and Johnson? This just screams troll thread all of a sudden.

Throw my vote in for any character from Sonic. Especially Silver.

#84 Posted by Yummylee (20541 posts) -
@lornhg said:

You've forgotten Waluigi ... that guy was invented for Mario Tennis ...

And Luigi was invented as a player 2 Mario. I'm not saying either is a good or bad character as I've never been all that invested in the Mario franchise, it's just I've never understood the disdain people have for Waluigi.

#85 Posted by Zirilius (447 posts) -
#86 Posted by psylah (2153 posts) -

It's a tie between Tiny Tina and Claptrap.
Gearbox knocking it out of the park for shitty characters.

#87 Posted by Pr1mus (3512 posts) -

The S and Z block in Tetris.

#88 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4036 posts) -

Lightning. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that character.

#89 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (190 posts) -

The worst are Navi and Rico. They are both annoying beyond belief, I also was never really a fan of Master Cheif either. He has zero personality and just feels so generic, I don't understand how he is so popular. But at least he's not annoying.

#90 Posted by Branthog (7332 posts) -

The worst game character is every character in every motion-controlled dancing game ever made.

#91 Posted by LornHg (41 posts) -

Baby Peach for Mario Kart Wii ?

#92 Edited by Hippie_Genocide (510 posts) -

I don't really get all the Tiny Tina hate. I was laughing my ass off during that section of the game. Maybe I just like shitty things....nah.

For me, worst characters would probably Navi, Steiner, and your gay friend in Enchanted Arms.

#93 Edited by skrutop (3615 posts) -

I like Ashly Burch, so I want to like Tiny Tina. She really was a simply awful character, though.

Jude Maverick from Wild Arms 4 was the second one to come to mind. The kid who did his voice over work sounded like nails on a damn chalkboard.

#94 Posted by LordAndrew (13972 posts) -

This is some bullshit. You have both Mario and Luigi, but not a single Sonic character. Are you even trying?