• 60 results
#1 Edited by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

I'v never owned a wii. Still running strong with my SNES. But god damn! The wii releases was great. I know... the train started but suddenly stopped.

I honestly don't care what's coming out on the Wii. But the delivery of the releases? Epic!

I don't know what fine gentleman of the site made this but it captures all of what was great about the segment!

#2 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

We all miss NDX.

#3 Edited by Heartagram (1183 posts) -

Who doesn't miss them is probably more like it. I also kinda miss the drink taste testing but totally get why they stopped doing both.

#4 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

You're not making it any easier!

#5 Posted by WMWA (1162 posts) -

Dude, I just got done running while listening to one of the old 2010 bombcasts and thought the same thing. I really do miss it

#6 Posted by Encephalon (1306 posts) -

I can see why they stopped doing it. The time investment was substantial, and there wasn't always a good return on that investment, laughs-wise. They weren't all hot bangers, you might remember.

#7 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

@Encephalon: Yeah. I can understand why they left it alone. But god damn! I swear that 1 of the above segments made up for at least 15 bad wii releases. But then again, that's just an egoistic view :P

#8 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Why did you have to remind me? The NDX whole in my heart will never be filled...

#9 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

I miss it greatly.

#10 Posted by BonOrbitz (2243 posts) -

Why and how did the NDX get derailed? It just seemed to vanish.

#11 Posted by Brendan (7981 posts) -

I wish "insane man" was literal in this case. It would have been such a better story.

#12 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Choo Choo

#13 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4730 posts) -

@SlightConfuse said:

Choo Choo

...you called?

#14 Posted by Pop (2647 posts) -

Damn it, now I miss them again. I only listened to the first couple of bombcasts that they released, then I took a break from podcasts cause I was mad busy, then I started listening again at like the end of 2009. The nintendo downloads always made me laugh, I think the my exotic farm was the funniest especially with the animation. But I don't want them to bring it back I just want them to read just one every couple of months maybe, one that is really good.

#15 Edited by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

@Pop Agree. Just throw it in there now and then. Not all the time but a suprise on a rare occasion.

EDIT: Yes! This is also a awsome tidbit. When the read it together i remember i laughted so hard. Ahh... why did i bring this up again..

#16 Posted by AndrewB (7686 posts) -

I miss DSiWare and E-Shop. Was browsing the store and came across the brilliant My Notebook series. Green is the top selling one, by the way.

@bonorbitz said:

Why and how did the NDX get derailed? It just seemed to vanish.

It was all over the news. Worst train derailment in history. Took them weeks to even find the wreckage. One guy was so upset that he became delusional and tried to pretend it didn't happen.

#17 Posted by sungahymn (1034 posts) -

The NDX will live forever...in my heart.

#18 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Pop: I totally forgot how funny that part was, damn it.

#19 Posted by chrissedoff (2157 posts) -

I liked it better when Ryan read the descriptions

#20 Posted by Ariketh (606 posts) -

I miss it, I miss the drinks too. But things change.

#21 Posted by RecSpec (3904 posts) -

I miss the drinks more than the WiiWare stuff. But then again, both things ending was for the best.

#22 Posted by notdavid (841 posts) -

Fucking Ryan. I'm still riding the train in my dreams.

#23 Posted by jking47 (1242 posts) -

Gah guys why you tryin to make me sad =(

#24 Posted by Cathryn (549 posts) -

Do we need all these reminders? D:

Didn't it also stop because Nintendo handles their press releases differently nowadays? Aren't they way less funny now or something? Or am I totally making that up?

#25 Posted by Bribo (608 posts) -

That train was permanently derailed when genuinely worthwhile games started showing up on e-shop.

Fuck you, Nintendo - now we'll never see My Antartic Farm.

#26 Posted by Hailinel (25201 posts) -

@LordAndrew said:

We all miss NDX.

I don't. That joke got old fast.

#27 Posted by notdavid (841 posts) -

It was fun when it was still in the Bombcast. Jeff doing it by himself was just creepy.

#28 Posted by iAmJohn (6131 posts) -

Do they still release games on WiiWare? I'm not trolling, I'm legitimately interested.

#29 Posted by Sackmanjones (4780 posts) -

God I miss this feature more than anythin

#30 Posted by Sanryd (1367 posts) -

It had it's funny moments, but overall it wasn't worth the time in my opinion. The whole idea of it and the struggle of keeping it on the Bombcast was pretty funny, but in reality the segment itself wasn't entertaining most of the time.

#31 Posted by SkyTown_Drifts (47 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

Do they still release games on WiiWare? I'm not trolling, I'm legitimately interested.

very infrequently. Hows that for an oxymoron?

#32 Posted by ch3burashka (5173 posts) -

@LordAndrew said:

We all miss NDX.

Anyone who states otherwise is just deluding themselves.

@Heartagram said:

Who doesn't miss them is probably more like it. I also kinda miss the drink taste testing but totally get why they stopped doing both.

#33 Posted by Soapy86 (2638 posts) -

I miss NDX. I don't miss them wasting time on the actual podcast for that shit.

#34 Posted by Brackynews (4094 posts) -

@Cathryn: That's about right. Although the one Ryan read the other week was pretty good.

If I could bring back any one "classic feature" for nostalgia sake it would be the Points Report. But that's over and done... almost. (totally my question :)

#35 Posted by selbie (1962 posts) -

That Skytrain left the station a long time ago. I wouldn't mind seeing it post-WiiU launch though. I'm sure there will be plenty of shovelware for that.

#36 Posted by notdavid (841 posts) -

@Soapy86: Because normally the Bombcast is all business?

#37 Posted by Hailinel (25201 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

Not so much. Nintendo seems to have realized that ship has sailed. They've been putting their focus on the 3DS eShop. It's gotten a number of quality titles over the past several months and just recently got upgraded with new features in a firmware update.

#38 Posted by DougQuaid (1275 posts) -

@Heartagram said:

@RecSpec said:

I miss the drinks more than the WiiWare stuff. But then again, both things ending was for the best.

Sadly, there's only so many drinks with an Orangina mouth-feel on the back-end. =/

#39 Posted by MisterSamMan (365 posts) -

The train may have left, but I am still waiting at the station with my ticket.

#40 Posted by Dport (102 posts) -

I was thinking exactly the same thing this week. I only miss Jeff reading them.

#41 Posted by c_rakestraw (854 posts) -

That was one of the best parts of the podcast for a while there. They really need to bring that back in some capacity.

#42 Posted by sarge1445 (676 posts) -

i miss it

#43 Posted by MonetaryDread (2129 posts) -

I don't miss them and I think the bombcast is better off without it.

#44 Posted by ajamafalous (12120 posts) -

I miss both them and the drink testing.

#45 Posted by Zleunamme (696 posts) -

Jeff did a few of them on his own blog for awhile. The other guys did not want to do them anymore and try to cut off Jeff when he tried. Just making a random speculation. Maybe Giant Bomb did not want to give My Notebook any more free advertising. It was awesome when Jeff Green made a guest reading one time.

#46 Posted by Cathryn (549 posts) -

@Brackynews: When was this and how on earth did I miss it?

I miss Points Report as well, but I accept Jar Time as an adequate substitute ;D

#47 Posted by DeF (4955 posts) -

@Encephalon said:

I can see why they stopped doing it. The time investment was substantial, and there wasn't always a good return on that investment, laughs-wise. They weren't all hot bangers, you might remember.

they also didn't put out those funny (=bad) press releases anymore.

#48 Posted by Nentisys (897 posts) -

NDX, never forget.

#49 Posted by Fearbeard (834 posts) -

It had some classic moments, but as a whole I'm glad they are gone.

#50 Posted by MattyFTM (14423 posts) -

Nintendo have changed the format of their Wiiware announcements now, and they aren't nearly as fun as they used to be.

Moderator Online