Posted by MikeLemmer (517 posts) 4 months, 24 days ago

Poll: Who's Crazier, the GiantBomb Staff or the Community? (279 votes)

Staff 17%
Community 82%

I've been pondering for a while just who is crazier: the GiantBomb staff or the GiantBomb community. It seems like every time I settle on an answer, the other party does something so outrageous it tosses the outcome into the air again. I've finally decided to just ask the members: who is crazier, and why?

#1 Posted by Brendan (7663 posts) -

Accidently voted staff. Definitely meant community. That show is bonkers.

#2 Posted by Zeik (2188 posts) -

The staff is crazy respective of the fact that it's part of their job, but the community can border on obsessive, and maybe even a bit disturbed, of their own free will.

#3 Edited by Video_Game_King (35800 posts) -
Community. Duh.

#4 Posted by ajamafalous (11805 posts) -

Community; it's not even close.

#5 Edited by Doskias (300 posts) -

If I were smarter I could probably justify this metaphor that popped into my head: This community is Lennie, and the GiantBomb staff is a puppy.

#6 Posted by BisonHero (6047 posts) -

@brendan said:

Accidently voted staff. Definitely meant community. That show is bonkers.

I don't think this poll is about the TV show called Community.

Also, this shouldn't even be a poll. The answer is factually that the community is far crazier.

#7 Posted by ShaggE (6290 posts) -

Definitely us. Not in a bad way (except sometimes), but the words "Photoshop thread" are irrefutable evidence.

#8 Posted by CaLe (3897 posts) -

Giant Bomb is a Mental Institution and the Crew are the Staff. We are the Patients, the Crazy Ones. We throw our Shit on the walls and call it Art, and occasionally one of the Staff will look at our Wall of Shit and Smile.

#9 Posted by Dalai (6978 posts) -
You really have to ask?

#10 Posted by Yummylee (21203 posts) -

The community is something like 100K users as opposed to the handful of staff members. Even when you only account users who post on the forums, it's a significant margin. So, naturally the community wins (?) out.

#11 Edited by bigjeffrey (4706 posts) -

They LOVE my little pony. (Some crazy person made that)

#12 Posted by tourgen (4426 posts) -

The staff is a gang of likeable and fairly well-balanced individuals.

You crazy bastards though. Every kind of nut imaginable. OK back to arguing which Mass Effect or Final Fantasy game is better.

#13 Edited by RonGalaxy (2834 posts) -

Need I remind you all that Vincent Caravella shocked his balls on live camera? Well there, I just reminded you. Staff wins.

#14 Edited by Yummylee (21203 posts) -

@narujoe93: If asked by the staff, I'm sure certain members of the community would do much more to their balls on camera.

#15 Edited by Aegon (5377 posts) -

Remember what David Jaffe claimed:

Every live stream there's guaranteed to be someone jerking off (his words, not mine).

#16 Posted by FlipperDesert (2081 posts) -

Need I remind you all that Vincent Caravella shocked his balls on live camera? Well there, I just reminded you. Staff wins.

You say that like you've forgotten the breast milk incident.

#17 Edited by pyromagnestir (4195 posts) -

@flipperdesert said:

@narujoe93 said:

You say that like you don't realize A MEMBER OF THE COMMUNITY SOUGHT OUT ACTUAL HUMAN BREAST MILK AND BROUGHT IT TO A CONVENTION BECAUSE OF SOMETHING RYAN SAID LIKE ONCE AND GAVE IT TO HIM. That shit is crazy. Drinking it was just dumb. And awesome.

edit: Also I'd like to think my presence in the community alone at least balances out with some of the crazy of the staff. What I mean is I'm way crazier than Drew. Maybe crazier than Drew + Brad. And I'm just one member of the community.

#18 Posted by Gamer_152 (14049 posts) -

Even if we're averaging the amount of crazy between the number of people I still think it's the community, some of them in a good way, some of them in not such a good way. I think Jeff gives everyone a run for their money though.

#19 Posted by RonGalaxy (2834 posts) -

@narujoe93 said:

He took that shot of human milk like a champion.

#20 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2857 posts) -

The raw numbers will always make the internet collective weirder, smarter and dumber than any small group or individual

#21 Edited by Hailinel (23676 posts) -

@flipperdesert said:

@narujoe93 said:

Yeah, the milk that was provided by the fan under the expectation that someone on the staff would drink it.

#22 Edited by Strife777 (1490 posts) -

If it wasn't for the staff though, would the community be as it is?

#23 Posted by TruthTellah (8409 posts) -

For every crazy thing about the staff, the community one ups them on the craziness. They jump off a bridge. The community jumps off a bridge, blows up that bridge, and then makes a funny video about the bridge exploding with Jeff's face in the flame.

#24 Posted by zombiepenguin9 (526 posts) -

Since no one else has officially linked it, here it goes.

*Ahem*

#25 Posted by Lego_My_Eggo (964 posts) -
@aegon said:

Remember what David Jaffe claimed:

Every live stream there's guaranteed to be someone jerking off (his words, not mine).

He asked how many there where watching before he said that, implying that at a certain number of watchers its probable that someone is jerking it, not that every stream has someone jerking it.

we may have to review the fridge cam footage to confirm tho.

#26 Posted by Roboculus92 (476 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@narujoe93 said:
@flipperdesert said:

@narujoe93 said:

Yeah, the milk that was provided by the fan under the expectation that someone on the staff would drink it.

Who's the crazier one here: the person who offers the human breast milk or the person who decides to drink it?

#27 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5124 posts) -

A question we've been asking ourselves since forever. We may never know. I'll throw in another piece of nonsense cultivated by the staff though.

Remember when they crossed through the portal to Xbox hell?

#28 Posted by TheBluthCompany (362 posts) -

@flipperdesert: That should become the Noodle incident of this site. Never explain it to newbies, deny that it happened.

#29 Posted by Danteveli (1157 posts) -

Its like 6 white dudes versus couple thousand multicultural peeps. Of course more people from different environments will be crazier.

#30 Edited by Fattony12000 (6951 posts) -

A member of the Giant Bomb Community played Papers, Please for 25 straight hours.

1. The Community.
#31 Edited by FlipperDesert (2081 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@narujoe93 said:
@flipperdesert said:

@narujoe93 said:

Who's the crazier one here: the person who offers the human breast milk or the person who decides to drink it?

Shhhh, we're playing devil's advocate here!

#32 Posted by thatdutchguy (1267 posts) -

What is crazy anyway ?

#33 Edited by psylah (2161 posts) -

Giant Bomb is Jonestown.

They are our Jim Jones, premium content is our kool-aid.

#34 Posted by Veektarius (4539 posts) -

@psylah: So you're saying... they're crazy, but we're stupid?

#35 Edited by Capum15 (4790 posts) -

I'd say the community due to sheer numbers alone.

#36 Posted by falserelic (5270 posts) -

Either or they can't be as bad as this guy.

Funny he got released from prison not to long ago.

#37 Posted by development (1993 posts) -

@truthtellah: Over the years I've grown so accustomed to seeing Brad's face on the body of pretty ladies that it doesn't even weird me out. I'd tap.

#38 Edited by Fattony12000 (6951 posts) -
@development said:

Over the years I've grown so accustomed to seeing Brad's face on the body of pretty ladies that it doesn't even weird me out. I'd tap.

I have something to show you.

#39 Edited by Sergio (2037 posts) -

The staff is crazier per capita. Community by sheer size

#40 Posted by NegativeCero (2972 posts) -

The community by far.

#41 Posted by spraynardtatum (2523 posts) -

I'M NOT CRAZY

#42 Edited by noizy (652 posts) -

You say this like it's a bad thing.

I sincerely believe the Giantbomb shows haven't fully unlocked their true potential yet.

#43 Posted by MocBucket62 (1131 posts) -

The staff has done some crazy and weird stuff over the years, but c'mon its us GB members.

#44 Edited by Veektarius (4539 posts) -
#45 Posted by spraynardtatum (2523 posts) -
#46 Posted by Coafi (1481 posts) -