Who's your favourite of the GameSpot personalities?

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Poll Who's your favourite of the GameSpot personalities? (156 votes)

Eric (Guy who played Starcraft 2: HOTS) 6%
Chris Watters 19%
Aaron (Guy showing off ARMA) 3%
Maxwell McGee 35%
Carolyn Petit 5%
Ryan McDonald 4%
Justin Calvert 4%
Kevin VanOrd 22%
Tom McShea 2%

So in spite of some disapproving comments i've read, it seems like most of you guys are down with the majority of the GameSpot cast in the Wednesday show. So as i'm sure, like me, a lot of you aren't super familiar with them, I figure i'll ask; of what you've seen so far, which GS'ers do you like the most? I like Maxwell, he seems enthusiastic without being obnoxious (though understandably he was a bit jittery in the first show). Eric and Aaron both seem cool too, and I think Chris will get better as time goes on.

Sorry if i'm missing out on people or information, it's extraordinarily hard to find a full staff list for GameSpot for some reason.

• 
GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GabrielCantor

Haven't watched the second episode yet, but I actually liked most if not all of them well enough last time. I think pairing almost everybody up, one person from each site, was/is a good way to do it. That said, Maxwell McGee seemed like a pretty cool entertaining dude. It's also a pretty awesome name.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I voted Tom McShea just to spite a whole bunch of you.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By jacdg

I really like Shaun McInnis :( Other than that, Star Craft 2 guy seemed cool, and I've liked VanOrd, R-Mac and Watters for a while.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By handlas

VanOrd

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Maxwell for sure

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee

I'm disappointed that you've discounted a lot of the GSUK folks. Danny O'Dwyer in particular is a class act, alongside Johnny and Seb, and Jane Douglas seemed pretty cool too; shame she left. But out of the poll options, I've voted for Chris Watters. There's something so incredibly ''90s'' about him, like a corny sitcom character, that I find likeable. He just comes across as a very well-meaning and amiable sort of chap in general. The sorta video game guy who hasn't yet succumbed to the seemingly inevitable attitude of cynicism that's prevalent across so many of the veterans in the field.

Plus he looks like a cross between Tony Hawk and Eric Stoltz, and I find that somewhat amusing.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The only one I really know is Kevin VanOrd, but he seems like a pretty cool guy.

MikeJFlick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MikeJFlick

I won't vote, but I'll comment... I don't know who any of those people are, I haven't bothered with gamespot since the early to mid-2000's Heres a question for someone who knows better than me, how are the "big" review sites doing nowdays? I gotta assume the review market is pretty much over saturated thus IGN and Gamespot can't doing as well as they were doing half a decade ago can they?

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By LackingSaint

@yummylee said:

I'm disappointed that you've discounted a lot of the GSUK folks. Danny O'Dyer in particular is a class act, alongside Johnny and Seb, and Jane Douglas seemed pretty cool too; shame she left. But out of the poll options, I've voted for Chris Watters. There's something so incredibly ''90s'' about him, like a corny sitcom character, that I find likeable. He just comes across as a very well-meaning and amiable sort of chap in general. The sorta video game guy who hasn't yet succumbed to the seemingly inevitable attitude of cynicism that's prevalent across so many of the veterans in the field.

Plus he looks like a cross between Tony Hawk and Eric Stoltz, and I find that somewhat amusing.

I was just talking about GameSpot personalities that have been present on the New Releases show, although if any of those guys have i'm sorry. Again, it's super-hard to find a dedicated staff-list anywhere.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#10  Edited By Yummylee

@lackingsaint: Well, there's Justin Calvert, whom you've added... but ironically enough he's the Lead Editor for regular Gamespot I believe. Otherwise no, none of the GSUK staff actually show up unfortunately. Nor can they, given that they're of course located in a separate continent altogether :P

Anywhoo I mistook this for compiling all of the entire Gamespot staff, so never mind. Still stand by my Chris Watters vote when all's said and done!

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

Maxwell was great in both shows. Everyone was improved for the second show but Maxwell was the only good one in the first show.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Karl_Boss

VanOrd for sure

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Kevin Vanord is the man.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

N/A

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By me3639

Justin and KVO by far but i dont have a problem with any of them. Actually like reading a lot of stuff by a majority of the crew.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maxwell seems pretty cool. doesnt give off the vibe that hes trying too hard and therefore doesnt come off super cheesy (im lookin at you watters)

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ottoman673

If I HAD to pick one... Maxwell. Only because he riffed well with the GB guys.

The rest of them need to go back across the office.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who's the guy who came into the Spelunky Breaking Brad and, in a Breaking Brad first, the stream suddenly had someone who knew how the GD game works?

That guy seems alright.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They have all come a long way since 2008 or whenever they wanted to bring back On the Spot with a new crew.

But Kevin Van Ord takes the cake. He´s one of the best video personalities you can have. Not a laugh out loud funny and over the top guy, but there are already enough of those. Van Ord´s video reviews are fucking awesome.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cold_Wolven

Max, he's pretty cool.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Jeff Gerstmann, Ryan Davis and Vinny Caravella

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who's the guy who came into the Spelunky Breaking Brad and, in a Breaking Brad first, the stream suddenly had someone who knew how the GD game works?

That guy seems alright.

I think that was Chris Watters, if I recall correctly.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By BigBoss1911

Jeff Gerstmann, Rich Gallup, Brad Shoemaker, Vinny Caravella, Alex Navaro

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By Tylea002

Man, I remember when Mass Effect came out and VanOrd gave it a less than great review, I wrote him off in my as someone most uncool who sucked.

I was young.

Just goes to show, those people do change and grow up into rational human beings. Kevin's awesome.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacdg said:

I really like Shaun McInnis :(

Why was he not on those Wednesday shows? I really liked his humour most amongst the GB crew post-Jeff. I also really like VanOrd and to an extent...

@dethfish said:

Tom McShea.

He has a real bad rep for having a strong distaste for war games and just got shit on by Ryan on some podcast (Ryan is super mean to non-GB or interviewees to be honest). But then somehow I find his awkwardness kinda charming. I dunno.

There was a period between Jeff leaving and Brian Eckberg leaving that I still listened to the Hotspot and those guys were quite awesome. Back then I thought the Hotspot was way more entertaining than the three-hour bombcast. All this Maxwell and GSUK people I have no idea who they are.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've been following Kevin since he started over there, he's pretty great. I always liked Justin Calvert but he seems to be more of a behind the scene guy now. Still was fun seeing him with Jeff last week.

Eric Tay i gotta say was really fun to watch and listen to during the 2 SC2 streams.

Vestigial_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Vestigial_Man

The team at Gamepot UK are far more interesting than the US, Danny O'Dwyer especially.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By jacdg

@jacdg said:

I really like Shaun McInnis :(

Why was he not on those Wednesday shows? I really liked his humour most amongst the GB crew post-Jeff. I also really like VanOrd and to an extent...

Maybe he's been out doing stuff, I dunno, I don't follow Gamespot anymore, but that could be an explanation, hope he joins the show from time to time, he seems like a cool dude.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Bane122

Can I try to be cool and clever like others and pick some of the Giant Bomb people? No? Oh, then Maxwell. He gels best with the GB crew and is quite fun to watch.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigboss1911 said:

Jeff Gerstmann, Rich Gallup, Brad Shoemaker, Vinny Caravella, Alex Navaro

Those dudes all left GS years ago. No idea what they're up to now.

gogosox82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never really been on gamespot so this is the first time I've ever really seen any of them so I can't really comment on them. They all seem like all right people.