Who thinks Giant Bomb should do live coverage again?

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By FesteringNeon

When GB first started out, they did a little unveiling of Mario Kart Wii, and GTA 4.  

While the comments can get annoying, it would be fun to maybe have a live game night, and watch some shiz go down.  

http://www.justin.tv/clip/ef28e45974e    
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

No.  It was chaotic when it happened with that live Persona 4 Endurance Run episode and the live MxO Endurance Run episode and it would be even worse with those.  It's not necessary.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By breadfan

No. 

I mean sure it's cool and all, but the chat room from the Matrix Online stream showed how immature the Giant Bomb community can be.  I like to watch the Giant Bomb videos with having a constant stream of idiotic comments scrolling down the side of it.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By MetalGearSunny

@Br3adfan said:

" No.  I mean sure it's cool and all, but the chat room from the Matrix Online stream showed how immature the Giant Bomb community can be.  I like to watch the Giant Bomb videos with having a constant stream of idiotic comments scrolling down the side of it. "

I wasn't on for the Matrix Online, was it that bad? The night before was fine.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Well yeah they should do it but just not allow any chat, I thought the live events were awesome.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Karmum
@Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
"  

@Br3adfan said:
" No.  I mean sure it's cool and all, but the chat room from the Matrix Online stream showed how immature the Giant Bomb community can be.  I like to watch the Giant Bomb videos with having a constant stream of idiotic comments scrolling down the side of it. "
I wasn't on for the Matrix Online, was it that bad? The night before was fine. "
It was bad? I don't remember it being bad, but I was only in there for a short amount of time. Trying to sift through the comments though was ridiculous.
Kycon90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Kycon90

I would like to see them do a live game night show, that would be really cool. 

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By grilledcheez
@Karmum said:
" @Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
"  

@Br3adfan said:
I wasn't on for the Matrix Online, was it that bad? The night before was fine. "
It was bad? I don't remember it being bad, but I was only in there for a short amount of time. Trying to sift through the comments though was ridiculous. "
I don't remember it being bad either...I thought it was rather entertaining at times. : |
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Jayge_

The chatroom on justin.tv went crazy and there were tons of people online but that didn't stop the live coverage itself from being awesome and hilarious (for MxO, which is the only one I've been around for). I would definitely watch something like that again.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Karmum
@Jayge said:
" The chatroom on justin.tv went crazy and there were tons of people online but that didn't stop the live coverage itself from being awesome and hilarious (for MxO, which is the only one I've been around for). I would definitely watch something like that again. "
David Snider doing his thing? Priceless.
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By DanielJW

I think it's OK every so often. That way it keeps it's special event feel.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12  Edited By RHCPfan24

I really remember justin.tv coverage of MGS4. That was pretty epic. I wouldn't mind seeing it if the chatroom, community aspects of it don't go apeshit crazy like in the past.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Karmum

Oh, by the way:

David Snider would like to have a world with the haters, under his umbreeeeeeela!
 David Snider would like to have a world with the haters, under his umbreeeeeeela!
tovan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By tovan

I think live events could work fine if there were a couple chat moderators to stop it from descending into madness.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#15  Edited By wefwefasdf

I would love more live coverage. Preferably without comments...

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Milkman

No. The chat room during the Matrix Online Endurance Run actually gave me a headache because of how fast it was moving with just utter nonsense.

PlasticCow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By PlasticCow

I loved the live events, especially the end of the matrix.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Andorski

Video quality was always crap when streaming it live.  I just waited for them to post the video with their own video player for the MxO stuff.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Absurd
@Milkman said:
" No. The chat room during the Matrix Online Endurance Run actually gave me a headache because of how fast it was moving with just utter nonsense. "
There was also a guy who kept describing how he wanted to have sex with Jeff.
MikeydCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By MikeydCT

The chat on JTV has a hide button. They could mod people like the mods that are on this site and put on slow mode. Those thing would make chat better. I love when them cast live, I dont see why it is so much work I mean I can even cast, its very easy. do a afternoon cast during the weekdays. If you miss it you can wait for the vid or go to there page and watch the archives.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JoelTGM

It's cool but it's not really worth it for them to set it all up for live video, when they could just capture and upload it to the site like usual, and they end up doing that anywhere for those who missed the live showing.  The Matrix online was an exception because it was all about counting down the final minutes of it's life.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By Ineedaname

As long as what they're shooting live goes up on the site with the normal quality its no problem, I was there from start to finish on that matrix one, for both nights, and it was fine, the chat room was hectic, but still Jeff and Vinny just read out the most sensical questions, which worked fine. And for something like that the live coverage was almost needed as I doubt it would have had the same affect watching that video when the servers had already gone down, but then the next day they put the video up anyway with higher quality, so it was no problem.

Basically keep it for relevant stuff, like the end of the ER would have been good, as long as they put up a video

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HandsomeDead

Yeah, anything with the live Giantbomb community has been a massive let down. So many dickheads.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lordofultima

Wouldn't call a justin.tv stream "LIVE COVERAGE." It would definitely have to be higher quality than that for me to care.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Snail

I remember that. I miss that. That was awesome. They should totally do that again some day.

ivanetc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ivanetc

do it do it do it do it

and i sincerely mean it, i mean i want to see them play some games!!

not just because all of you are so easy to troll

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By zeforgotten
@HandsomeDead said:
" Yeah, anything with the live Giantbomb community has been a massive let down. So many dickheads. "
Too true
Ekasra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ekasra

I'm guessing that Giantbomb doesn't really have the revenue and ofcourse man-power that Gamespot did, but I was a fan of all the live coverage they did with events like E3.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By Toxin066

Yes I think they should do it again, but I think GB Live Coverage should be reserved for ultra rare occasions. Like the ending of an MMORPG. Or the unmasking of Luchadeer.  

CountRockula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30  Edited By CountRockula

I'd love to see more live stuff.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That would be pretty awesome, to avoid spammers all they need to do is this thing on ustream where u type something then have to wait 30 seconds to 1  minute to type something again

Pkshields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Pkshields

They would have to have something to cover first, it can't just be for the sake of having a QL or something live.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Resident4t said:
" That would be pretty awesome, to avoid spammers all they need to do is this thing on ustream where u type something then have to wait 30 seconds to 1  minute to type something again "
That's exactly what they did.  You had to wait 1 minute to type something every time but, believe it or don't, it was still extremely chaotic and stupid.
matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#34  Edited By matthew

Yes, I think this thread is born again.  Yes, I think Giantbomb should have more live coverage.  If you're not there for the actual recording, wooptydoo, you missed having your question ignored.  The real plus from the live coverage is the lack of editing we end up seeing in the finished result.  And yes, you're able to view the archived footage, both on jtv and when they upload the whole thing here on gb.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By YoThatLimp

They already have TNT every god damn week, not to mention streaming their commute home every night pretty much. The worse thing about the TNTs is their archived footage never makes it back to GB, I think they do plenty of live stuff nowadays. 

Faint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#36  Edited By Faint

correct me if im wrong, but im fairly sure you can easily hide the comments being made by others watching on justin.tv?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23
deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Matthew said:
" Yes, I think this thread is born again.  Yes, I think Giantbomb should have more live coverage.  If you're not there for the actual recording, wooptydoo, you missed having your question ignored.  The real plus from the live coverage is the lack of editing we end up seeing in the finished result.  And yes, you're able to view the archived footage, both on jtv and when they upload the whole thing here on gb. "
to be fair, the question ignoration thing was kesslers fault. Even the crew kept stating that he was horrible at picking question and i think dave mentioned once that he ignored questions he didnt think was funny....