#1 Posted by Kratch (386 posts) -

After seeing Vinny and Brad's epic match during the Quick Look of Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online, I am dying to see a full-on Giant Bomb Scrub League Tournament for this game. It sounds like none of them really have much experience with the game, and seems perfect for an official Scrub League throwdown. Come on GB Crew, I want to see you guys and gals play one of my favorite fighting games.

Comment on this thread if you feel the same way.

#2 Posted by GBH (33 posts) -

sounds good to me loved the MK one

#3 Posted by Yanngc33 (4551 posts) -

The principle of a scrub league is that the game is easy to pick up and play. I would not call Third Strike a "pick up and play" type of game

#4 Posted by JJOR64 (19530 posts) -

As much as I love this game, I say no. I want a new genre for each Scrub League.

#5 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5769 posts) -
@Yanngc33 said:

The principle of a scrub league is that the game is easy to pick up and play. I would not call Third Strike a "pick up and play" type of game

You can totally have people play Street Fighter who don't know how to play and have them fight each other.  It definetly gets deep but you can still do fireballs and dragon punches.
#6 Posted by sixghost (1716 posts) -

I think a 3s scrub league would be a disaster. Super Turbo would be a better fit, 3s is in another universe when it comes to complexity.

#7 Posted by Yanngc33 (4551 posts) -

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@Yanngc33 said:

You can totally have people play Street Fighter who don't know how to play and have them fight each other. It definetly gets deep but you can still do fireballs and dragon punches.

I'm not against a street fighter scrub league, An SSF 4 one would be great. I just think that third strike is the most complicated game in the series and not a great place to have a bunch of beginners duke it out

#8 Posted by scarace360 (4813 posts) -

3S is to hard for the people of the whiskey media to understand.

#9 Posted by Kratch (386 posts) -

They played Mortal Kombat, which isn't exactly simplistic. Besides, the fun of it would be watching people who have never played Third Strike playing it against each other.

#10 Posted by Little_Socrates (5834 posts) -

You still throw fireballs and z-punches in this game, right? It'll be fine. I wouldn't mind seeing this as this week's TNT.

#11 Edited by ThePhantomnaut (6251 posts) -

...Hmm thinking... No.

Scrub league indeed but after constantly ejaculating over high level 3S videos, I don't feel that 3S is a good game for them to promote. Funny to watch but would have an weird underlying feel. I sense hella whiffed Shoryus, jabs, and sweeps. Also Vinny with basketballs and all Ken players picking SA1. Lemon is the closest capable player here especially hearing about his "practice."

#12 Posted by MrMazz (1064 posts) -

YES make it so internet

#13 Posted by Hot_Karl (3321 posts) -

I thought this was a thread for a Giant Bomb Community Scrub League Tourney, and got really excited to hear that people were trying to set something up for the release of the game, but I guess I was wrong :(