• 86 results
#1 Posted by Blastroid (257 posts) -

#2 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4330 posts) -

To support the GB guys because I love all of their content. If I was here just for sub stuff I would be pretty disappointed because they've been pretty weak when it comes to putting out new sub stuff recently. Hopefully that starts picking up fast next year.

#3 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5103 posts) -

I usually spend $5 to go through premium archives. I wait for their premium content to build up before I do a one month subscription.

#4 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

I can't help but feel that we've had this exact same poll before.

I'm here for the premium content. I don't understand what your options entail.

#5 Posted by Blastroid (257 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

I can't help but feel that we've had this exact same poll before.

I'm here for the premium content. I don't understand what your options entail.

Yes first poll (quest done). I did a quick search but could not find a poll but may have not search for the exact wording. This poll came from a another post about lack of content and was just curious to why people do sub. For me I am still considered new to this site but after someone told me about it I enjoyed the down to earth approach to the videos. Came a member to support the staff for a great job and also enjoy the bonus content.

#6 Posted by Branthog (7342 posts) -

Because they initially sold it as an endeavor to relieve themselves of the shackles and influence of advertising. They've since progressed away from that, though. Exceptional additional content would compensate for that, though. I'm not going to throw money at a commercial enterprise that already supports themselves with advertising money out of a fucking obligated sense of charity. Next time my subscription lapses, I'll have to re-evaluate things. Other than quick-looks, most of the content here really is just the same stream you get on any other RSS feed about trailers and general bland industry news, peppered with the occasional attempt at "journalism".

The weekly "live" thing originally kind of sold me on it, but then they started padding it with content that just wasn't interesting and it died.

I still dig GB, but I can't help but get this sense that they are a bit lost, wandering, and uninspired about their jobs and the product they output.

#7 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3482 posts) -

For the comely babes.

#8 Posted by Branthog (7342 posts) -

@mylifeforAiur said:

For the comely babes.

I'd settle for manboobs.

#9 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (2563 posts) -

I like the folks at GB to be sure, but I see paying for the content as a grand experiment.  In my mind I'd rather pay for the content and have less power in the advertisers hands.  I hope Jeff, Ryan, Brad, Vinny, Patrick, Alex, ...err...Wall-eyed Joe & Miss Kitty...and whomever else works there that I have not mentioned get some tiny bit of comfort from those of us who pay.   

#10 Posted by Zuldim (288 posts) -

Admittedly, I only picked it up this month for the first time. I've been using the site for a few years now, specifically the podcast, and as I started watching videos and using these forums more, I decided I should shill out the five bucks. I've decided I'm going to keep it going for a while though, because I like some of the premium content, and it feels good to be supporting the site, even if it's an insignificantly small amount, in the grand scheme of things.

#11 Posted by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

Here for the content and support. I love most of the staff and what they do but when premium content lacks or isn't interesting (past 2 months) I am disappointed.

#12 Posted by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

@Branthog said:

Because they initially sold it as an endeavor to relieve themselves of the shackles and influence of advertising. They've since progressed away from that, though. Exceptional additional content would compensate for that, though. I'm not going to throw money at a commercial enterprise that already supports themselves with advertising money out of a fucking obligated sense of charity. Next time my subscription lapses, I'll have to re-evaluate things. Other than quick-looks, most of the content here really is just the same stream you get on any other RSS feed about trailers and general bland industry news, peppered with the occasional attempt at "journalism".

The weekly "live" thing originally kind of sold me on it, but then they started padding it with content that just wasn't interesting and it died.

I still dig GB, but I can't help but get this sense that they are a bit lost, wandering, and uninspired about their jobs and the product they output.

Wow, this is exactly how I feel, especially the bolded part

#13 Posted by Cathryn (545 posts) -

Content and support <3

#14 Posted by Trav (241 posts) -

Well, it was because I like HANGIN' OUT! But now I'm broke and can't renew.

#15 Posted by Radar (887 posts) -

I don't have enough time to watch and listen to all of the premium content so it's mostly supporting the GB staff.

#16 Posted by FinalDasa (1494 posts) -

I love the content and the no ads.

But specifically to support a great website.

#17 Posted by l4wd0g (1907 posts) -

I originally signed up because I love the podcast and they threatening to split it up for non premium members. However, over the last few years they have provided enough fantastic content to keep me happy.

#18 Posted by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

There really isn't anything special about this website over any other other than the guys who run it. That's why I subbed; I enjoy them and the unique twist their personalities put on content. The premium content is a little too irregular for my liking though.

#19 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (912 posts) -

It's weird when pepole say to support the website, I mean it's not a charity.

#20 Posted by konig_kei (596 posts) -

it used to be to support them but now its so i dont get any ads, those fucken 30 second unskippable ads in front of videos piss me off so fucking much. plus it resubbed by itself but im kinda glad it did.

#21 Posted by pyromagnestir (4242 posts) -

@mylifeforAiur said:

For the comely babes.

This dude knows what's up.

#22 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Every day would be rad.

#23 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

I came for the content I stayed for the ladies.

#24 Posted by Hunter5024 (5541 posts) -

If I were a premium member (again) it would be because I want exclusive content. I love Giantbomb, but I make minimum wage so I'm not really in the business of charity. If I were to spend money again it would be because I love Jars and site design talk, and while I'd be happy that I was supporting them through my membership, it would be a bonus, not a reason to get it.

#25 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

Premium content is honestly just a bonus on top of supporting a great site for me personally

#26 Posted by Video_Game_King (35995 posts) -

Because Swoxx gifted it to me.

#27 Posted by Mirado (990 posts) -

@Jonny_Anonymous: Doesn't have to be a charity to make sense to support it; GB is one of my main sources of entertainment, so I throw money at them to make sure they stick around.

Look at it it this way; if your favorite TV show had the option to give them money, would you do it to help alleviate the possibility of them getting canceled? Even with commercials some good shows still get canned, and if I liked a show enough that I wanted to see it continue I'd toss some money their way because I feel I'm getting a good amount of entertainment for my money. I'm not saying that makes a hell of a lot of sense for everyone, but it does to me. I have enough time on my hands that I'd like one of my premier forms of entertainment to be safeguarded against failure as much as I can.

I like what the GB guys do enough that I feel spending $50 a year on them still puts the entertainment-to-value equation in my favor by a wide margin.

#28 Posted by billyhoush (1192 posts) -

I spend a lot of time on the site and I hate ads.

#29 Posted by s10129107 (1179 posts) -

This is one of the best websites on the internet. I go to Youtube, Dailyshow.com, Websudoku and Giantbomb on a regular basis only. The subscription is 50 dollars a year instead of being something like 10 dollars a month like a lot of other sites on the internet. Thats the same as one cheap date.

#30 Posted by Zekhariah (697 posts) -

Realistically, Bombcast.

A lot of the premium content has been really great (probably some of the most interesting video media there is), but the podcast was my start into it. Finding out how good the premium content is just makes me feel better about keeping a sub as an on-going thing.

#31 Posted by Crypt135 (68 posts) -

I went premium when the Happy Hour was a thing for the weekly premium content (along with the backlog). I basically thought I'd be getting a premium feature weekly since that was the norm back then.

#32 Posted by Nux (2305 posts) -

I love what the guys do and I want to support them, also I wanted access to the premium content.

#33 Posted by mosespippy (4032 posts) -

Other, because I got a gift code.

#34 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2004 posts) -

Supporting the great staff; this has been my go-to video game site ever since the Endurance Run, and I plan for things to stay that way.

The premium content definitely seals the deal, though. But I understand that running a website and being editors under CBSi is a busy lifestyle, so I don't necessarily expect it on a weekly basis. I'm cool with the way things are and won't ever complain about dry weeks -- there's worse going on in the world!

A&B for me!

#36 Posted by ShaggE (6331 posts) -

A & B. 5 bucks a month for an obscene amount of content, 95% of which I fully enjoy (the game covered has to be terribly dull for me to pass on the feature) and will probably watch multiple times? It's a no brainer. I've been a premium for about a year now, and I still have a ton of stuff I haven't seen yet. Plus, I want to actively support the site. They may not be hurting for money anymore, but I'm willing to put down five bucks for what's almost a symbolic gesture.

#37 Posted by Getz (2989 posts) -

premium stuff is nice, but mostly I'm subsidizing the continued existence of Giant Bomb. Plus, 5 bucks ain't all that much .

#38 Posted by BigSocrates (288 posts) -

@Getz said:

premium stuff is nice, but mostly I'm subsidizing the continued existence of Giant Bomb. Plus, 5 bucks ain't all that much .

This. Especially the bombcast, which I love so much that I look forward to Wednesdays when i know my commute will actually be enjoyable. I've been around since the beginning (When are they going to go back to reviewing drinks and talking about Cobra for hours? WHEN?) and I don't want to face a world without a bombcast.

Some of the premium stuff is great too. Wish there were more of it and they did more in depth stuff about specific games but oh well.

#39 Posted by NFXFSX (14 posts) -

For the crew and the content.

#40 Posted by Nephrahim (1119 posts) -

The biggest reason is to support the guys at Giantbomb. As others have said, they make a lot of great content for free, so I like kicking them some money in support.

That said, there were some AMAZING premium content that I NEEDED to see. The "Final" Lantern run was what made me re-up my subscription the last time it lapsed.

#41 Posted by ajamafalous (11848 posts) -
@Branthog said:

This pretty much sums up what I was going to say.
#42 Posted by JOURN3Y (230 posts) -

So I could tell the normal people how poor they are! AHAHAHAHAHAHA I HAVE SO MUCH MONEY (not really...)

#43 Edited by Nengjanggo (14 posts) -

I've been a subscriber since day 1, and it's almost entirely because of the Bombcast. I like the rest of the stuff (most especially ridiculous quick looks) but honestly I'd pay $50 a year just to support the bombcast.

#44 Posted by cloudnineboya (764 posts) -

did not vote because their is no 'some fucker hacked my computer' option. now i have to watch all this shit todo with video games and i fucking hate video games.

#45 Posted by OtakuGamer (1224 posts) -

To support GB and the staff and get premium content every week. I like to support them but I’m no charity service, I need to get what I pay for.

#46 Posted by Cashewual (153 posts) -

To support GB, it is hands down one of my favorite sites, and I love the crew and what they do to bits.

#47 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

For the custom cryblock extensions.

#48 Posted by Blastroid (257 posts) -

@murisan said:

For the custom cryblock extensions.

Hehe did you try it? Going to play with it a little and addon. Will blog once version .02 is ready.

#49 Edited by CaLe (3910 posts) -

@cloudnineboya said:

did not vote because their is no 'some fucker hacked my computer' option. now i have to watch all this shit todo with video games and i fucking hate video games.

I hate when that happens.

As for me, I originally subscribed only to support them, but now I do it both to support and because I enjoy features such as Jar Time.

#50 Posted by Carousel (418 posts) -

I don't know anymore.