Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By colourful_hippie

To support the GB guys because I love all of their content. If I was here just for sub stuff I would be pretty disappointed because they've been pretty weak when it comes to putting out new sub stuff recently. Hopefully that starts picking up fast next year.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

I usually spend $5 to go through premium archives. I wait for their premium content to build up before I do a one month subscription.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I can't help but feel that we've had this exact same poll before.

I'm here for the premium content. I don't understand what your options entail.

Blastroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Blastroid

@FluxWaveZ said:

I can't help but feel that we've had this exact same poll before.

I'm here for the premium content. I don't understand what your options entail.

Yes first poll (quest done). I did a quick search but could not find a poll but may have not search for the exact wording. This poll came from a another post about lack of content and was just curious to why people do sub. For me I am still considered new to this site but after someone told me about it I enjoyed the down to earth approach to the videos. Came a member to support the staff for a great job and also enjoy the bonus content.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Branthog

Because they initially sold it as an endeavor to relieve themselves of the shackles and influence of advertising. They've since progressed away from that, though. Exceptional additional content would compensate for that, though. I'm not going to throw money at a commercial enterprise that already supports themselves with advertising money out of a fucking obligated sense of charity. Next time my subscription lapses, I'll have to re-evaluate things. Other than quick-looks, most of the content here really is just the same stream you get on any other RSS feed about trailers and general bland industry news, peppered with the occasional attempt at "journalism".

The weekly "live" thing originally kind of sold me on it, but then they started padding it with content that just wasn't interesting and it died.

I still dig GB, but I can't help but get this sense that they are a bit lost, wandering, and uninspired about their jobs and the product they output.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By mylifeforAiur

For the comely babes.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Branthog

@mylifeforAiur said:

For the comely babes.

I'd settle for manboobs.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By monkeyking1969

I like the folks at GB to be sure, but I see paying for the content as a grand experiment.  In my mind I'd rather pay for the content and have less power in the advertisers hands.  I hope Jeff, Ryan, Brad, Vinny, Patrick, Alex, ...err...Wall-eyed Joe & Miss Kitty...and whomever else works there that I have not mentioned get some tiny bit of comfort from those of us who pay.   

Zuldim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Zuldim

Admittedly, I only picked it up this month for the first time. I've been using the site for a few years now, specifically the podcast, and as I started watching videos and using these forums more, I decided I should shill out the five bucks. I've decided I'm going to keep it going for a while though, because I like some of the premium content, and it feels good to be supporting the site, even if it's an insignificantly small amount, in the grand scheme of things.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By nightriff

Here for the content and support. I love most of the staff and what they do but when premium content lacks or isn't interesting (past 2 months) I am disappointed.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nightriff

@Branthog said:

Because they initially sold it as an endeavor to relieve themselves of the shackles and influence of advertising. They've since progressed away from that, though. Exceptional additional content would compensate for that, though. I'm not going to throw money at a commercial enterprise that already supports themselves with advertising money out of a fucking obligated sense of charity. Next time my subscription lapses, I'll have to re-evaluate things. Other than quick-looks, most of the content here really is just the same stream you get on any other RSS feed about trailers and general bland industry news, peppered with the occasional attempt at "journalism".

The weekly "live" thing originally kind of sold me on it, but then they started padding it with content that just wasn't interesting and it died.

I still dig GB, but I can't help but get this sense that they are a bit lost, wandering, and uninspired about their jobs and the product they output.

Wow, this is exactly how I feel, especially the bolded part

Cathryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By Cathryn

Content and support <3

trav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By trav

Well, it was because I like HANGIN' OUT! But now I'm broke and can't renew.

Radar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Radar

I don't have enough time to watch and listen to all of the premium content so it's mostly supporting the GB staff.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By FinalDasa

I love the content and the no ads.

But specifically to support a great website.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By l4wd0g

I originally signed up because I love the podcast and they threatening to split it up for non premium members. However, over the last few years they have provided enough fantastic content to keep me happy.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Subjugation

There really isn't anything special about this website over any other other than the guys who run it. That's why I subbed; I enjoy them and the unique twist their personalities put on content. The premium content is a little too irregular for my liking though.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

It's weird when pepole say to support the website, I mean it's not a charity.

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By konig_kei

it used to be to support them but now its so i dont get any ads, those fucken 30 second unskippable ads in front of videos piss me off so fucking much. plus it resubbed by itself but im kinda glad it did.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#21  Edited By pyromagnestir

@mylifeforAiur said:

For the comely babes.

This dude knows what's up.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JZ

Every day would be rad.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JZ

I came for the content I stayed for the ladies.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By Hunter5024

If I were a premium member (again) it would be because I want exclusive content. I love Giantbomb, but I make minimum wage so I'm not really in the business of charity. If I were to spend money again it would be because I love Jars and site design talk, and while I'd be happy that I was supporting them through my membership, it would be a bonus, not a reason to get it.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dungbootle

Premium content is honestly just a bonus on top of supporting a great site for me personally

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#26  Edited By Video_Game_King

Because Swoxx gifted it to me.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mirado

@Jonny_Anonymous: Doesn't have to be a charity to make sense to support it; GB is one of my main sources of entertainment, so I throw money at them to make sure they stick around.

Look at it it this way; if your favorite TV show had the option to give them money, would you do it to help alleviate the possibility of them getting canceled? Even with commercials some good shows still get canned, and if I liked a show enough that I wanted to see it continue I'd toss some money their way because I feel I'm getting a good amount of entertainment for my money. I'm not saying that makes a hell of a lot of sense for everyone, but it does to me. I have enough time on my hands that I'd like one of my premier forms of entertainment to be safeguarded against failure as much as I can.

I like what the GB guys do enough that I feel spending $50 a year on them still puts the entertainment-to-value equation in my favor by a wide margin.

billyhoush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By billyhoush

I spend a lot of time on the site and I hate ads.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29  Edited By s10129107

This is one of the best websites on the internet. I go to Youtube, Dailyshow.com, Websudoku and Giantbomb on a regular basis only. The subscription is 50 dollars a year instead of being something like 10 dollars a month like a lot of other sites on the internet. Thats the same as one cheap date.

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Zekhariah

Realistically, Bombcast.

A lot of the premium content has been really great (probably some of the most interesting video media there is), but the podcast was my start into it. Finding out how good the premium content is just makes me feel better about keeping a sub as an on-going thing.

Crypt135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Crypt135

I went premium when the Happy Hour was a thing for the weekly premium content (along with the backlog). I basically thought I'd be getting a premium feature weekly since that was the norm back then.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Nux

I love what the guys do and I want to support them, also I wanted access to the premium content.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By mosespippy

Other, because I got a gift code.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By EquitasInvictus

Supporting the great staff; this has been my go-to video game site ever since the Endurance Run, and I plan for things to stay that way.

The premium content definitely seals the deal, though. But I understand that running a website and being editors under CBSi is a busy lifestyle, so I don't necessarily expect it on a weekly basis. I'm cool with the way things are and won't ever complain about dry weeks -- there's worse going on in the world!

A&B for me!

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ShaggE

A & B. 5 bucks a month for an obscene amount of content, 95% of which I fully enjoy (the game covered has to be terribly dull for me to pass on the feature) and will probably watch multiple times? It's a no brainer. I've been a premium for about a year now, and I still have a ton of stuff I haven't seen yet. Plus, I want to actively support the site. They may not be hurting for money anymore, but I'm willing to put down five bucks for what's almost a symbolic gesture.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#37  Edited By Getz

premium stuff is nice, but mostly I'm subsidizing the continued existence of Giant Bomb. Plus, 5 bucks ain't all that much .

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By bigsocrates

@Getz said:

premium stuff is nice, but mostly I'm subsidizing the continued existence of Giant Bomb. Plus, 5 bucks ain't all that much .

This. Especially the bombcast, which I love so much that I look forward to Wednesdays when i know my commute will actually be enjoyable. I've been around since the beginning (When are they going to go back to reviewing drinks and talking about Cobra for hours? WHEN?) and I don't want to face a world without a bombcast.

Some of the premium stuff is great too. Wish there were more of it and they did more in depth stuff about specific games but oh well.

NFXFSX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By NFXFSX

For the crew and the content.

Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Nephrahim

The biggest reason is to support the guys at Giantbomb. As others have said, they make a lot of great content for free, so I like kicking them some money in support.

That said, there were some AMAZING premium content that I NEEDED to see. The "Final" Lantern run was what made me re-up my subscription the last time it lapsed.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#41  Edited By ajamafalous
@Branthog said:

This pretty much sums up what I was going to say.
JOURN3Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By JOURN3Y

So I could tell the normal people how poor they are! AHAHAHAHAHAHA I HAVE SO MUCH MONEY (not really...)

Nengjanggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Nengjanggo

I've been a subscriber since day 1, and it's almost entirely because of the Bombcast. I like the rest of the stuff (most especially ridiculous quick looks) but honestly I'd pay $50 a year just to support the bombcast.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By cloudnineboya

did not vote because their is no 'some fucker hacked my computer' option. now i have to watch all this shit todo with video games and i fucking hate video games.

Cashewual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Cashewual

To support GB, it is hands down one of my favorite sites, and I love the crew and what they do to bits.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By murisan

For the custom cryblock extensions.

Blastroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#48  Edited By Blastroid

@murisan said:

For the custom cryblock extensions.

Hehe did you try it? Going to play with it a little and addon. Will blog once version .02 is ready.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By CaLe

@cloudnineboya said:

did not vote because their is no 'some fucker hacked my computer' option. now i have to watch all this shit todo with video games and i fucking hate video games.

I hate when that happens.

As for me, I originally subscribed only to support them, but now I do it both to support and because I enjoy features such as Jar Time.

Carousel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Carousel

I don't know anymore.