Why are you a super Halo fanboy if you like to play a Halo game?

• 130 results
ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ADTR_ZERO

I'm just curious on why people think you're a Halo fanboy and you ejaculate into your Xbox 360 disc tray if you like to play Halo 3? 

Do people ever even consider other game? I mean, it's like. 

"Hey! I just got Killzone 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Hal-" 

"U r N HayLO FaNnyB0Y!!!11!1!1/!/one!/!!1!1!"

I mean seiously, can't somebody just like a good Halo game?
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Gunner

I suppose there is some back story behind this rage? It might be a good idea to share it. 

On topic though, Halo fanboys can be the worst, so its a good idea to keep your eye out for them.

ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
@Gunner:
I'm atually quite calm right now. How about you? Everything O.K? That's good. 

Can't you just feel the hatred pouring out of my text?
willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By willin

I like good games.

The Halo series (in my opinion) just happen have good games.

Does that statement make me a fanboy?

No.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Seedofpower
@Lights_Up_The_Shaft said:
" I like good games.  The Halo series (in my opinion) just happen have good games.  Does that statement make me a fanboy?  No. "
No, that statment doesn't but people you don't like your opinion might disagree. 

On that note, Its the internet so who cares.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By toowalrus
@Lights_Up_The_Shaft: Yes it does. I think that's the point he was making. It seems like anyone who occasionally enjoys the floaty jumps and robot suits is automatically a fanboy.
bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By bubahula

i like halo

nicolenomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By nicolenomicon
@ADTR_ZERO said:
" I'm just curious on why people think you're a Halo fanboy and you ejaculate into your Xbox 360 disc tray if you like to play Halo 3?  Do people ever even consider other game? I mean, it's like.  "Hey! I just got Killzone 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Hal-"  "U r N HayLO FaNnyB0Y!!!11!1!1/!/one!/!!1!1!"  I mean seiously, can't somebody just like a good Halo game? "
Why? Because all Halo games are mediocre bland generic shooters. So if you say you really like the Halo games over another more original shooter, than I'm going to think you're an idiot. But if you just say: Hey! I like Halo, they're alright games! I may agree with you, the multiplayer is fun at parties. But the fact remains, there are many FPS' which are much better than Halo.
MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

Cuz haterz gunna hate cuz.  

I also have no idea why everyone feels the need to go into a thread clearly labeled with "Halo" in the title, and simply post something like "Meh...I dont like Halo".  I mean what is wrong with these people?  Don't they have anything better to do?  How shitty would the forums be if everyone posted comments like that because the game doesn't interest them?  I know how shitty...real shitty.  I don't go into a Zelda thread and say "MEHHHHY...I DONTZ LIKZ DA XELDAZ...DEZ NEEDZ TO REVAMP TEH GAMEZ TO GETZ MAH MONIEZ."  

It's border line spam. 

ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
@Seedofpower said:
" @Lights_Up_The_Shaft said:
" I like good games.  The Halo series (in my opinion) just happen have good games.  Does that statement make me a fanboy?  No. "
No, that statment doesn't but people you don't like your opinion might disagree.   On that note, Its the internet so who cares. "

Well...I like to play games on the internet, and I really don't like fanboys or haters.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By toowalrus
@SL33TBL1ND said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
" I'm just curious on why people think you're a Halo fanboy and you ejaculate into your Xbox 360 disc tray if you like to play Halo 3?  Do people ever even consider other game? I mean, it's like.  "Hey! I just got Killzone 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Hal-"  "U r N HayLO FaNnyB0Y!!!11!1!1/!/one!/!!1!1!"  I mean seiously, can't somebody just like a good Halo game? "
Why? Because all Halo games are mediocre bland generic shooters. So if you say you really like the Halo games over another more original shooter, than I'm going to think you're an idiot. But if you just say: Hey! I like Halo, they're alright games! I may agree with you, the multiplayer is fun at parties. But the fact remains, there are many FPS' which are much better than Halo. "
Out of curiousity, what is a completely original shooter? (Don't say Half Life, it's the cowards way out).
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ryanwho

You happen to have a citation for when something like this happened, someone casually talking about liking Halo and getting their ass ripped off, or are you just being dramatic for attention? And if it does happen, but not here, why talk about it here?

nicolenomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By nicolenomicon
@TooWalrus said:
" @SL33TBL1ND said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
Why? Because all Halo games are mediocre bland generic shooters. So if you say you really like the Halo games over another more original shooter, than I'm going to think you're an idiot. But if you just say: Hey! I like Halo, they're alright games! I may agree with you, the multiplayer is fun at parties. But the fact remains, there are many FPS' which are much better than Halo. "
Out of curiousity, what is a completely original shooter? (Don't say Half Life, it's the cowards way out). "
Borderlands.
ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
@TooWalrus said:
" @SL33TBL1ND said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
Out of curiousity, what is a completely original shooter? (Don't say Half Life, it's the cowards way out). "

I'm curious also. What other game do you have in mind that Halo copied from? 

Name one game that's even like Halo. 
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By toowalrus

It's like, some people like the idea of Marines in the distant future. Some people like the sarcastic badass attitude of Sgt. Johnson. Some people think the Elites and the Covenant are cool enemies. But they get hated for it. We just need to learn to deal with that hatred, because it's only going to get worse.

ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
@SL33TBL1ND said:
" @TooWalrus said:
" @SL33TBL1ND said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
Borderlands. "

So if a game isn't like Borderlands it's generic? Riiiiight...I'm still waiting for you to name one game that's like Halo.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By toowalrus
@SL33TBL1ND: Absolutely. This issue has been around long before Borderlands came out, though. That game is awesome, by the way.
nicolenomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By nicolenomicon
@ADTR_ZERO said:
" @TooWalrus said:
" @SL33TBL1ND said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
I'm curious also. What other game do you have in mind that Halo copied from?  Name one game that's even like Halo.  "
You seem to have misunderstood me, when I say unoriginal I mean there isn't anything really groundbreaking or new in the games. Like cool new features that have never been seen before, like COD introduced bullet penetration, Mirrors Edga made parkour in games good, Borderlands blended RPGs and FPS'. What has Halo done that is a new and amazing feature?
FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FunExplosions

Because 2+2 always equals 5.

nicolenomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nicolenomicon
@ADTR_ZERO said:
" @SL33TBL1ND said:
" @TooWalrus said:
" @SL33TBL1ND said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
Borderlands. "
So if a game isn't like Borderlands it's generic? Riiiiight...I'm still waiting for you to name one game that's like Halo. "
No, I'm just saying that is an example of an original game which has added new features and functionality to the gaming industry. Another example would be TF2, it made a diverse and interesting class based shooter with innovative game modes and interesting classes.
RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RsistncE

The reasoning is pretty simple...Halo (since around Halo 2) has been a very average game. This is why people mouth the game off because the following is so huge for such a perceivably poor to average game. Think of it this way: Halo is to video games as Twilight is to films. 

FLAME SHIELD INITIALIZE

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By toowalrus
@RsistncE said:
" The reasoning is pretty simple...Halo (since around Halo 2) has been a very average game. This is why people mouth the game off because the following is so huge for such a perceivably poor to average game. Think of it this way: Halo is to video games as Twilight is to films.   FLAME SHIELD INITIALIZE "
Some people would argue that Resistance is pretty average as well... those people would be correct. I don't see why it's only Halo that receives immediate hatred towards it's community. Even if it IS an average, generic game, it's no different than Killzone or Resistance. See, if those games had communities as big as Halo, we'd jump on the hate-wagon too. (And that 'flame shield' thing is getting real old real quick.)
nicolenomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By nicolenomicon

But also for the original question, the main people get so worked up if you say you like halo is because that actual halo fanboys (not people who just like halo, but the worshippers) are incredibly annoying to talk to and every second sentance they spurt out is HALO IS BEST FPS EVER! It's almost as if they've never even played another game. That is what annoys most of us, the ignorance shown towards great games by them.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SL33TBL1ND said: 
You seem to have misunderstood me, when I say unoriginal I mean there isn't anything really groundbreaking or new in the games. Like cool new features that have never been seen before, like COD introduced bullet penetration, Mirrors Edga made parkour in games good, Borderlands blended RPGs and FPS'. What has Halo done that is a new and amazing feature? "
Just as a heads up, the original Halo is generally considered to be the game that pushed the console FPS into modernity. 
HypoXenophobia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HypoXenophobia
@SL33TBL1ND said:
" @TooWalrus said:
" @SL33TBL1ND said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
Borderlands. "

Geist, Cryostasis,  Mirror's Edge,  Portal, I would say they are rather original shooters. They weren't necessarily shooting focused, but they all did stuff to differentiate themselves from others in the genre. 

As for Halo topic, I think Halo itself has become a popularized niche in the same sense as the people who play Counter Strike. The people who play topic truly enjoy Halo, but the Halo community is very off putting to a lot people who just want to have some casual fun. Either people are too well versed in the game itself, or equally to belligerent to play with. The same could be said for any other community, but since you enjoy Halo, the criticisms are more poignant to you. I could say I enjoy Silent Hill franchise, and receive a lot of asinine comments about stuff within the game that people pick up in passing. The same could be said for people who enjoy JRPG. They deal with a lot of generalizations over tropes people have picked up in passing that haven't actually played the game. Any franchise is capable of being flacked on, so Halo fanboys aren't necessarily the only one that receive the short end of the stick.  Enjoy your game and don't care about what others think. Your fun isn't dependent on others opinions, or one would hope so.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By toowalrus
@ADTR_ZERO: 

I'm... taking myself out of this thread now. Seems the crazy's have leaked in. Later.
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Gunner
@ADTR_ZERO said:
" @SL33TBL1ND said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
" @TooWalrus said:
" @SL33TBL1ND said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
I'm curious also. What other game do you have in mind that Halo copied from?  Name one game that's even like Halo.  "
You seem to have misunderstood me, when I say unoriginal I mean there isn't anything really groundbreaking or new in the games. Like cool new features that have never been seen before, like COD introduced bullet penetration, Mirrors Edga made parkour in games good, Borderlands blended RPGs and FPS'. What has Halo done that is a new and amazing feature? "
I believe Fallout blended FPS and RPG? I mean, Fallout games were made be-I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!  Hey guys! This idot seriously thought Borderlands was the first game to blend RPG and FPS!!!! Oh my gosh! This is great!  Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   And hey idot, if there is no other game like Halo, that would mean almost everything it does is groundbreaking!   You are so idiotic it's amusing. Type more words! I need a good laugh!  "
Easy there tiger, he's just sharing his opinion, no need to make fun of him. 

Also, Borderlands is far from genaric, same with Fallout. They are practically two different games.
bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By bubahula

i hate to say this, but this begs the question. whos more annoying? halo haters? or halo fanboys?
i say haters for me they just get under my skin like none other

nicolenomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By nicolenomicon
@ADTR_ZERO said:
" @SL33TBL1ND said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
" @TooWalrus said:
" @SL33TBL1ND said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
I believe Fallout blended FPS and RPG? I mean, Fallout games were made be-I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!  Hey guys! This idot seriously thought Borderlands was the first game to blend RPG and FPS!!!! Oh my gosh! This is great!  Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   And hey idot, if there is no other game like Halo, that would mean almost everything it does is groundbreaking!   You are so idiotic it's amusing. Type more words! I need a good laugh!  "

Nice spelling "idot". And incase you haven't noticed, the original fallout games were kinda isometric 2d RPGs? And I never said anything about being the first, it doesn't have to be the first, it just needs do do something in a new and interesting way, Borderlands did it by adding a ridiculous amoun of unique weapons and havin vehicles. At the moment I would say you are a Halo fanboy judging by your punctuation, spelling and ignorance. So if you actually took the time to read my posts, you would've noticed that I am talking about the features in games, name a feature in Halo that isn't in any other game or has never been implemeted as well in any other game.
Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By Deusoma
@SL33TBL1ND: 
Didn't Halo start the two-gun limit which became insanely popular in FPSes?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Bubahula said:
" i hate to say this, but this begs the question. whos more annoying? halo haters? or halo fanboys? i say haters for me they just get under my skin like none other "
Matter of perspective. In a vacuum they cancel out.
ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
@SL33TBL1ND said:
"But also for the original question, the main people get so worked up if you say you like halo is because that actual halo fanboys (not people who just like halo, but the worshippers) are incredibly annoying to talk to and every second sentance they spurt out is HALO IS BEST FPS EVER! It's almost as if they've never even played another game. That is what annoys most of us, the ignorance shown towards great games by them. "

And people like you that say it's average when It's so groundbreaking are just as absurd. So what's your point? Halo: CE set a standard for all modern FPS games. And as the game went on, they improved. Halo still has no other game that has similar gameplay.
animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By animateria

I don't remember this OMGHALOFANBOY crap in Giant Bomb that often.

Then again, I don't particularly play a lot of FPSes to get pumped up about this I guess.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animateria said:
" I don't remember this OMGHALOFANBOY crap in Giant Bomb that often. "
It's all upshot from the Reach trailer last night. 
nicolenomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By nicolenomicon

Sigh, I can see I'm in a nest of fanboys here, I shall leave due to the impenetrable thickness of your skulls.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Gunner
@ADTR_ZERO said:
" @SL33TBL1ND said:
"But also for the original question, the main people get so worked up if you say you like halo is because that actual halo fanboys (not people who just like halo, but the worshippers) are incredibly annoying to talk to and every second sentance they spurt out is HALO IS BEST FPS EVER! It's almost as if they've never even played another game. That is what annoys most of us, the ignorance shown towards great games by them. "
 Halo: CE set a standard for all modern console FPS games. "
Fixed. 

Don't give Halo that much credit, PC FPS's did it perfectly way before halo was even a thought.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SL33TBL1ND said:
" Sigh, I can see I'm in a nest of fanboys here, I shall leave due to the impenetrable thickness of your skulls. "
This is necessary verbiage, obviously. 
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Milkman

No Caption Provided
KennyPowers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By KennyPowers

I usually enjoy playing all the Halo games, even though the multiplayer is frustrating because I dont play enough to get better and its not exactly a friendly online community.   Other than some people just being jackasses....

I feel the reason Halo gets hated on is because there are so many people who play it and got into gaming through playing it with friends.  Online gaming sites and communities are usually the more hardcore demographic and many of those people enjoy being with like minded people who have played many games and talk about virtually every release.  Some of these people will bash Halo because they want to be different, others because they don't enjoy Bungie's brand of FPS.  Meanwhile, people who havent played a ton of games and enjoy Halo will defend it and continue to play Halo games because they have friends who do and they have no interest in RPGs or other types of games.  All this could be useful discussion or friendly banter..... 

...but this is the internet.  The internet is full of extremes and people who take everything personally.  Some people who do not like Halo call it the worst game ever and people who play it are retarded.  People who like it may say its the greatest game ever and hate people who dont.  Extreme statements result in people making more extreme statements and personal insults.  This further divides the two groups and everyone continues to fight. 

Like it or not, its an extremely popular and successful game and it has had a positive impact on gaming, especially on console internet gaming and FPS.  People will always argue and the internet will always be full of people being little bastards.

ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
@SL33TBL1ND said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
" @SL33TBL1ND said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
" @TooWalrus said:
" @SL33TBL1ND said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:

Nice spelling "idot". And incase you haven't noticed, the original fallout games were kinda isometric 2d RPGs? And I never said anything about being the first, it doesn't have to be the first, it just needs do do something in a new and interesting way, Borderlands did it by adding a ridiculous amoun of unique weapons and havin vehicles. At the moment I would say you are a Halo fanboy judging by your punctuation, spelling and ignorance. So if you actually took the time to read my posts, you would've noticed that I am talking about the features in games, name a feature in Halo that isn't in any other game or has never been implemeted as well in any other game.
"

That's cool, I spelled one word wrong and now that makes me a complete idiot. That makes sense. 

And to be groundbreaking and original it has to be the first. Borderlands moved some stones, because Fallout already had that ground broken. And you specificaly mentioned how Borderlands blended FPS and RPG elements, now you're saying that it doesn't matter and it's about feautre like weapons. Make up your mind! 

Halo has great maps, amazing online support from Bungie, it seemlessly blends vehicular and on foot combat great, with the ability to hijack so an idiot in a tank can't just go up to people and try to overpower them without being kicked from their vehicle. It also has a unique mele system and also unique weapons. It features a different aiming style than most modern game, and also has a fantastic variety of game modes. 

That enough for ya', killer?
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By penguindust

I like Halo, but I'm not a fanboy.  The game is flawed in many respects, but that's okay.  It was a fun ride.  Most of the games I've enjoyed, I have a laundry list of complaints about.  Not a single one do I consider near perfect.  And, yet I love them, despite all their short comings.  For the games I don't like I have only one complaint.  They weren't fun.  If I cared about them any deeper I might be able to say more, but I don't.  It doesn't matter beyond that.  I did find Halo fun.  All three.  But, I'm all Haloed out for now.  I've no interest in Halo Wars and I'm in no rush to play ODST.  I enjoyed the trailer for Reach, though so that has me excited.  Halo Combat Evolved set a standard that was copied and recopied by all manner of other FPS games.  And thus, it has become a parody of itself because of its success.  This happens to influential games sometimes.  Call of Duty is going through the same thing right now.  That's not really important if you like either of the franchises, though.  Gears of War was on the verge of faltering, but it never became big enough for that to happen.  But, do the Gears fans care?  Maybe some do.  I don't know.  In the end, no one is made special for liking or disliking any particular game.  And no one has been asked to sit in the back of the bus for liking Halo.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By animateria
@animateria said:
" I don't remember this OMGHALOFANBOY crap in Giant Bomb that often.  Then again, I don't particularly play a lot of FPSes to get pumped up about this I guess. "
Oh, I guess that would make sense.

Anyways, live and let live. Halo has always been a competent FPS, I don't think there needs to be such 'controversy' over the franchise.
ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
@Gunner said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
" @SL33TBL1ND said:
Fixed.   Don't give Halo that much credit, PC FPS's did it perfectly way before halo was even a thought. "

ya dude, I'm smart enough to realise Quake and Unreal Tournament were the original online FPS games, mmmmmmmk? 

But then again, I don't see too many games playing like Quake or UT did.
MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
@Bubahula said:
" i hate to say this, but this begs the question. whos more annoying? halo haters? or halo fanboys? i say haters for me they just get under my skin like none other "
The haters, especially on Giantbomb.  All of them tout the "Halo fanboy", when in reality there are virtually none on this website.   
ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" @Bubahula said:
The haters, especially on Giantbomb.  All of them tout the "Halo fanboy", when in reality there are virtually none on this website.    "

The haters. If you outsmart them in an arguement, they will simplay say "Fanboy!" and coward away. Just like SL33TBl1ND. 

If you outsmart a fanboy, it's funny to see the stupidity to come from their mouth, because they will not back down.
nicolenomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By nicolenomicon
@ADTR_ZERO said:
" @SL33TBL1ND said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
" @SL33TBL1ND said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
" @TooWalrus said:
" @SL33TBL1ND said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:

"
That's cool, I spelled one word wrong and now that makes me a complete idiot. That makes sense.   And to be groundbreaking and original it has to be the first. Borderlands moved some stones, because Fallout already had that ground broken. And you specificaly mentioned how Borderlands blended FPS and RPG elements, now you're saying that it doesn't matter and it's about feautre like weapons. Make up your mind!  Halo has great maps, amazing online support from Bungie, it seemlessly blends vehicular and on foot combat great, with the ability to hijack so an idiot in a tank can't just go up to people and try to overpower them without being kicked from their vehicle. It also has a unique mele system and also unique weapons. It features a different aiming style than most modern game, and also has a fantastic variety of game modes.  That enough for ya', killer? "
I shall return for this final post and that is all.

First, some more mispellings there, second now your just twisting what I've said to fit into the Halo engulfed thing that I assume is your brain, and finally, successful troll is successful.
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By FrankCanada97

Does this question really need to be asked? I mean this issue is so trivial and insignificant in relation to the grand scheme of things. We would have to delve into these peoples minds and separate fact from fiction, when there may not even be a fact or fiction. Some people have an incomplete knowledge that stems from ignorance. Maybe, all claims of knowledge of anything may all be mistaken. Absolute certainty of something may not even be possible. Or different aspects on something may be shaped because they are dependant on cultural differences or even our cognitive bias. There is just simply no answer to the question.

ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
@SL33TBL1ND said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
" @SL33TBL1ND said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
" @SL33TBL1ND said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
" @TooWalrus said:
" @SL33TBL1ND said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:

"
That's cool, I spelled one word wrong and now that makes me a complete idiot. That makes sense.   And to be groundbreaking and original it has to be the first. Borderlands moved some stones, because Fallout already had that ground broken. And you specificaly mentioned how Borderlands blended FPS and RPG elements, now you're saying that it doesn't matter and it's about feautre like weapons. Make up your mind!  Halo has great maps, amazing online support from Bungie, it seemlessly blends vehicular and on foot combat great, with the ability to hijack so an idiot in a tank can't just go up to people and try to overpower them without being kicked from their vehicle. It also has a unique mele system and also unique weapons. It features a different aiming style than most modern game, and also has a fantastic variety of game modes.  That enough for ya', killer? "
I shall return for this final post and that is all.  First, some more mispellings there, second now your just twisting what I've said to fit into the Halo engulfed thing that I assume is your brain, and finally, successful troll is successful. "

Whatever, I also have a PS3 that I love also. I'm such a fanboy, I know.
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Gunner
@ADTR_ZERO said:
" @Gunner said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
" @SL33TBL1ND said:
Fixed.   Don't give Halo that much credit, PC FPS's did it perfectly way before halo was even a thought. "
ya dude, I'm smart enough to realise Quake and Unreal Tournament were the original online FPS games, mmmmmmmk?  But then again, I don't see too many games playing like Quake or UT did. "
PC invented the fps, That doesn't make it the best platform ever. Just like how regenerating health (shields), dual wielding, and refined controls for a console game doesn't make Halo the best, even the most innovative franchise ever. 

Dont get me wrong, I think halo is an amazing franchise, but i dislike when it gets more credit than it deserves.
RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RsistncE
@TooWalrus said:

" @RsistncE said:

" The reasoning is pretty simple...Halo (since around Halo 2) has been a very average game. This is why people mouth the game off because the following is so huge for such a perceivably poor to average game. Think of it this way: Halo is to video games as Twilight is to films.   FLAME SHIELD INITIALIZE "

Some people would argue that Resistance is pretty average as well... those people would be correct. I don't see why it's only Halo that receives immediate hatred towards it's community. Even if it IS an average, generic game, it's no different than Killzone or Resistance. See, if those games had communities as big as Halo, we'd jump on the hate-wagon too. (And that 'flame shield' thing is getting real old real quick.) "
I'm not quite sure if you were trying to insult my name or the PS3 game...just to clarify I had my name in this phonetic spelling before the first Resistance was even released (probably even announced since I didn't actually hear of the game before I made my online alias). Either way, I agree, Resistance is a very average shooter, but the thing is the game doesn't have a massive following claiming it to be an amazing game which is really where the Halo hate stems from.

I'm not quite sure about hatred towards the community to tell you the truth. All I'm aware of is people bad mouthing the game because they feel it get's way too much recognition. Again this is like the Twilight thing: if Twilight wasn't so popular people wouldn't mouth it off so much, but because it IS so popular, this element combines with the fact that it's a poor to average movie and therefore get's a rise out of people regarding their opinion towards the movie. It's the same thing with Halo essentially: it's a game that is average but is quite popular at the same time.

EDIT: by the way that's the first time I've ever used the "flame shield thing" so you'll have to cut me some slack.