I think getting the community more involved with UPF is great and all, but the current impromptu game voting process feels really broken to me. Currently it seems to go like this:
- Rorie asks for game suggestions from the chat.
- The chat sends Rorie a bunch of non/serious/trolling/random suggestions.
- Rorie picks what appears to be the most popular ones with usually no idea what they actually are.
- Then chat votes for the best/worst game, or picks at random from total ignorance.
- A member of the staff is then subjected to the "game".
There must be a better way to go about this! Would it not be possible to create some kind of community voting system in the forms? To allow for better vetting of suggestions and less random garbage? Don't get me wrong, "bad" games can be a lot of fun to watch, but not every "bad" game is! Anyone have their own ideas for how this might be improved?