• 56 results
#2 Posted by eroticfishcake (7783 posts) -

I hate them. Which is why I love killing them. As for Jeff and Ryan, I've no idea.

#3 Posted by Meltac (2000 posts) -

Because they are fools!

#4 Posted by Popogeejo (613 posts) -

Zombies are like cakes. On special occasions they're very nice but if you have cake every day it starts to loose it's specialness and you'll soon get sick of cake altogether.
 Too many zombies in a too shorter amount of time makes Jeff and Ryan sad boys.

#5 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

Everyone should hate zombies its your civic duty.

#6 Posted by Aeterna (1117 posts) -
@Popogeejo said:
" Zombies are like cakes. On special occasions they're very nice but if you have cake every day it starts to loose it's specialness and you'll soon get sick of cake altogether.  Too many zombies in a too shorter amount of time makes Jeff and Ryan sad boys. "
This. But this doesn't only affect Jeff and Ryan.
#7 Posted by Ghostiet (5242 posts) -
@Tarsier said:
" I love zombies. I don't see how anyone could hate them or get tired of them, especially when there are such good zombie games as Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2..  "

Man, there was a shitload of zombie games and movies this year. Enough is enough, for a time at least. It's getting worse than WW2 games.
#8 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

I kinda hate them because I've seen them in soooo many games over the past many years. 
No idea why Jeff and Ryan hates them though, but let me take a wild guess and say: Same reason

#9 Posted by damswedon (3185 posts) -

Zombies are the new World War 2.

#10 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

Because their Sensei was eaten by zombies in the great plague of '82.

#11 Posted by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

They are scared of the upcoming zombie apocalypse.

#12 Posted by ZmillA (2268 posts) -

because they aren't children and have played many more zombie games than you have.

#13 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

Zombies may be the new WW2 but it solves my only problem with the whole endless stream of WW2 games, and that is a good selection of guns for once.

#14 Posted by choffy21 (1376 posts) -

I hate zombies, but not in the "they're a pain in the ass" kind of way. More in a "zombies are fucking stupid and that's why I hate Dead Rising and Left 4 Dead" kind of way.

#15 Edited by PenguinDust (12483 posts) -
@damswedon said:

" Zombies are the new World War 2. "

This.  Game developers need to take a break from zombies.  Too much of a good thing spoils the stew.  And, I don't think Jeff and Ryan hate zombies, but when you have to play zombie after zombie game you get worn out on them.  Maybe you only played L4D, but there was also COD: World at War ~ Zombie Mode, Burn Zombie Burn, Plants vs Zombies, Onechanbara Bikini Samurai/Zombie Squad, Resident Evil 5, Dead Space (Extinction), Zombie Apocalypse, Zombie Driver, Zombie Wranglers, Zombie Bowl-o-Rama, and Cryostasis.  Plus Dead Rising 2 is due in 2010 and Crackdown 2 will have zombie-like enemies, too.  Enough already!
#16 Edited by GunstarRed (5102 posts) -

It's a shame there was a time when I loved zombies, there was nothing better than watching an undead citizen eating the intestines of an unlucky shopper but now theyre everywhere like kids with trendy haircuts like the ones in the lips TV commercials... 

If a zombie outbreak happened tommorow I doubt anyone would really make any fuss. Everyone would probably just *shrug* and go about with their everyday lives.
#17 Posted by EpicSteve (6479 posts) -

Some people sorta see zombies as Nazis in the sense that they're an over-used enemy. I for one, still love zombies and think they're a fantastic videogame enemy with some life still in them. No joke intended.

#18 Posted by Kiemoe (1055 posts) -

I feel zombies need to be handled in a different way. They've always been a shambling crowd in games and I think they could be mixed up and turned into something that's at least different if not cool.

#19 Posted by Disengage (429 posts) -
@Kiemoe: Zombies are supposed to be shambling crowd. That's what makes them zombies.
#20 Posted by Fbomb (1168 posts) -
@Zenaxzd said:
" Zombies may be the new WW2 but it solves my only problem with the whole endless stream of WW2 games, and that is a good selection of guns for once. "
With frying pans and shotguns? :P
#21 Posted by Snail (8593 posts) -

They *can* get repetitive for some.

#22 Posted by PDC_Emulator (184 posts) -
@marioncobretti: While you're busy "not making a fuss" about the zombie apocalypse, dont be suprised when you are eated and killed by one of the horde. Maybe a hunter? or a smoker?

Someone has obviously not read the zombie survival guide...

/s
#23 Posted by GunstarRed (5102 posts) -
@PDC_Emulator:
dude, zombies can't catch me.... not REAL zombies, yknow the shambling kind...i'll just barricade myself in the local pub and make sure dylan moran isn't with me...and remember to unplug all jukeboxes.
#24 Posted by crystalskull2 (437 posts) -

When did they say they hate jombies?They said good things about the recent driving game where you kill jombies.

#25 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

they don't hate zombies they are just tried of zombies

#26 Posted by Lestater (394 posts) -

How could you get tired with so many different variations?  Dead Rising is a way different experience than Left 4 Dead, although these are the only two zombie games I play.

#27 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -

Trolls are evolved forms of zombies.

#28 Edited by FlipperDesert (2082 posts) -
"Oh man, look at this zombies! Haha, zombies are awesome and so funny and ironic! I know, let's make a zombie game/film! We can have Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Dead Rising, Dead Rising 2, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later, Plants vs Zombies, Sharks vs Zombies, Ironic Hipsters vs Zombies, Left 4 Zombieland Zombie dead Zombie Gold Zombie vs Stalin Martians Zombie Zombie Zombie Zombie-" "FUCK YOU." - My sentiments on the horde of zombie games shambling towards us. There's oversatuarion and there's oversaturation.
#29 Posted by Stephen_Von_Cloud (1530 posts) -

Zombies really are tired.  I never thought I would feel that way but I do, same as Jeff and Ryan.

#30 Posted by Nemesis (317 posts) -

Because the gaming industry is losing its creativity, and developers are copying whatever the next big thing. That results in saturation of the market. EA is a great example of this, God of War Action games seem to be good, so lets copy them and put out Dante's Inferno. Those Modern Warfare games are selling so let us copy them and create Medal of Honor in a modern setting.  EA as a company should really die, as they are the cancer of this industry.

Only Capcom and Valve should be allowed to make Zombie games.

#31 Edited by Stephen_Von_Cloud (1530 posts) -
@Nemesis said:

" Because the gaming industry is losing its creativity, and developers are copying whatever the next big thing. That results in saturation of the market. EA is a great example of this, God of War Action games seem to be good, so lets copy them and put out Dante's Inferno. Those Modern Warfare games are selling so let us copy them and create Medal of Honor in a modern setting.  EA as a company should really die, as they are the cancer of this industry.  Only Capcom and Valve should be allowed to make Zombie games. "

Such a generalized and weak argument.  Sure, Dante's Inferno and Medal of Honor are derivative but some of the better games in recent years have been derivative.  Again looking at EA, how about Dead Space?  Took Resident Evil 4's formula and took it forward better than even Capcom did with Resident Evil 5.   It's funny because God of War is a refinement of action games that came before it, and surprise, Call of Duty 4 was not the first modern war game!  There was this game called Battlefield 2 they borrowed and refined things from (look at that game's unlock system and its airstrikes for example) and there are plenty of other modern shooters as well.  Uncharted 2, Giantbomb's GOTY, takes elements from other games (the combat of Gears of War and the traversal of games like Prince of Persia) and refines them and combines them to great effect.  Thank god they didn't reinvent the wheel and instead refined existing ideas, or we wouldn't have this amazing game to play.

I heard Greg Kasavin say it well on the Mobcast recently: Sequels and games that refine are actually very underrated.   Why not refine things that are good and make them better or tweak them?  Seems like a good formula to me.
#32 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

It could be one of two things:

• Right now, there are more zombies in games than there are actual games.
  • They're lifecists.
#33 Posted by CoolDrMoney (1978 posts) -

They are obscenely overweight and would have a tough time escaping actual zombies

#34 Edited by AndrewB (7567 posts) -

As long as they keep making games like Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop, I can't see how anyone could get tired of it. Zombie Parrots, bro!

#35 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -

They hate zombies for the same reason I hate threads like this: They've seen zombies far too often.

#36 Posted by Rio (594 posts) -

Im pretty sick of em, I can understand their hatred.

#37 Posted by MadeinFinland (839 posts) -

I think Left 4 Dead 2 will finish up the zombie games for a while. It'll be hell for the companies to try and make a game that exceeds the sheer zombie-quality of L4D. 

Zombies are the new WW2. But what will be the new Zombie? Sci-fi?

#38 Posted by Dungeonbuster (27 posts) -

Makes sense to me. I reached my zombie limit awhile ago.

#39 Posted by Turtlemayor333 (510 posts) -

Zombies used to stand for something. See the social commentary in Night of the Living Dead. I'm not saying games need to send a profound message to have a legit use of zombies, but there should at least be a few basic rules. Left 4 Dead is fun, but whatever the back of the box might say, they are not zombies. That seems to be the real problem here. 

There have always been monsters in games, and there always will be, and the only difference now seems to be that we consider just any enemy creature a "zombie." I saw someone earlier saying the creatures in Crackdown are zombies, and I respectfully disagree. Demons and the like tend to be confused for zombies too. I've actually heard references to splicers in BioShock as zombies. I'm more tired of the misuse of the term than true zombie games like Dead Rising.

#40 Posted by bonbolapti (1611 posts) -

I agree with TurtleMayor333 in the sense that it's just outright missuse of the word. When you keep getting the same thing "over and over" again, it eventually looses it's meaning. What gamers REALLY like, is to shoot at a continuous amount of Meat bags.  

We call it Horde mode now, so zombies can take a break.
#41 Posted by Clembo (341 posts) -
@Nemesis: I don't think the market is saturated.  Especially with all the different varieties of zombies and the creators' approaches to the gameplay.  I am still waiting for a co-op slow zombie game with tower defense & fps gameplay, we all know deep down that Valve needs to make Team Zombie Fortress 2.
#42 Posted by ZmillA (2268 posts) -

also the games with zombies aren't really doing anything creative with them anymore

#43 Posted by DukesT3 (1901 posts) -

I hate zombies, but for other personal reasons.. 

#44 Posted by damnboyadvance (4060 posts) -

I have no idea why people love zombie games.

#45 Posted by AjayRaz (12424 posts) -
@eroticfishcake said:
" I hate them. Which is why I love killing them.
#46 Posted by Yummylee (21475 posts) -

Because there very angry people.
#47 Posted by emkeighcameron (1876 posts) -

I think the L4D series and Killing Floor have done quite well with the zombie name, but I agree that as a concept, god DAMN zombies have been used to death.

Killing Floor, in particular, did a great job with enhancing the whole "traditional zombie" idea and created a genuinely intense, creepy experience.

#48 Edited by Jeust (10538 posts) -
@ZeForgotten said:

" I kinda hate them because I've seen them in soooo many games over the past many years. No idea why Jeff and Ryan hates them though, but let me take a wild guess and say: Same reason "

Despite that i love them still. Maybe because i love the hypothesis of a zombie apocalypse, and imagining it.
#49 Posted by Bubahula (2197 posts) -

everybody should hate them. thats why we love to kill them

#50 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

Because they are dumb.