Why do people consider Bastion better than Transistor?

• 51 results
limond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Everything you did in Bastion naturally progressed the entire story (except for the training rooms). While in Transistor I had to spend a while in the menus trying to get more backstory. While it was time I enjoyed learning about the world, it did bring the game to a grinding halt after every few things I unlocked to get more peoples backstory. I still really liked Transistor, the music was great, story was great, combat was amazing. Just the pace the story unfolds at was very poor.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By bluefish

@corevi: I skimmed the bios and listened to all the audio stuff. That's what I find damning. I don't remember any of it. It felt so thrown in and lifeless it barely made an impact, I even remember reading/listening to that stuff at the time and saying to myself

"Uhh, ok? That's it? That's all you're putting out there? ....sure...., ok." and then I forgot about it.

Which is a pretty terrible reaction for a player to have in the final, revelatory moments.

AND I want to re-iterate. I QUITE LIKE the game, the story just flubbed it in my eyes.