Why does everybody hate Gamestop? (OLD)

• 142 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Santa_8aby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Santa_8aby

I have a question, and perhaps it belongs in its own thread but here it is: In today's economy, how long do you think Gamestop will be in business?  My best guess:  2-3 years at best.  Gamefly will go the way of Blockbuster as more new games' pricepoints come down (Best Buy buy 1 game, get 1 1/2 off as one example)

JDoobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52  Edited By JDoobs

Gamestop is all about choices. It's a matter of perspective. 

- Gamestop offers you a reserve. It doesn't cost you anything extra and a majority of the time reserving the game is beneficial to you. It garauntees you a copy of the game and often you'll get exclusive in game content. (In fact, if you reserve L4D2, you get 10% off the game.) 

- Gamestop buys back your unwanted games. People pissing and moaning about the amount they are getting makes no sense to me. If you can find some place else that will pay you more than what Gamestop offers, then go there. If not, at least you're getting money for your games rather than them just sitting on your shelf. That credit adds up over time and you are getting your games for a cheaper price as a result. 

- Gamestop offers you a discount service, including a year of a magazine subscription, for next to nothing. The more you buy/trade in, the cheaper your subscription will be. 

Now, I can speak for other employees of the chain. Every company has assholes working for it. (I had a wal-mart employee tell me he 'didn't care' when I asked him to open a case to buy a game.) The fact of the matter is, Gamestop is a corporation. They do a lot of good for the customer, and some not-so-good things for the industry. 

Use your brains folks, don't do something stupid like buy a new game that's unwrapped and then blame it on the company when you are the one who bought the game in the first place.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Evilsbane

How about . . .

The employees 9 times out of 10 are uniformed about the product they sell. 

Horribly understocked all the time (This is out of 3 of them in a rather large area)

Yes the trade in prices suck but whatever don't sell them your games sell them to a friend.

New and Used are the same word to these people, Oh lets see I had my Xbox and my games stolen so I had to get another copy of Halo 3 I go in buy it, then... take it home and it scratched like the devils cat got ahold of the damn thing.
NEW COPY MY ASS.

The Owners get their employees to annoy the SHIT out of you about pre-orders and make snide comments when you come in and ask if a game is in stock and they say YOU Didn'T PREODER it?? OMG You should do that. NO NO I didn't pre-order ANYTHING and NEver AGAIn I Preordered Gears of War I Bought my damn Xbox JUST For THAT Game And I skipped work to come by pick it up and play the living Hell out of it and when I get there SAY What? What do you mean you mean you Sold OUT? I pre-ordered. . . With Cash 3 months ago. . . and WALMART has 27 COPIES . . . . BASTARDS AHHHHH!!!!

Sorry about that, Bad....bad memories.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#54  Edited By flaminghobo
@Djeffers03 said:
" @FlamingHobo: there are a few in the major cities i believe but yeah, i have never bought anything from them. I guess they are pretty similar to game I suppose "
Really? I live in Birmingham and I haven't seen one, strange.
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#55  Edited By Red

Because people trying to capitalize and make games seem more mainstream than they are come off as the most corporate and fake people around. That is GameStop.

raegunz_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By raegunz_

Agreed, the employees are what makes me sneer at the establishment. When I first got my DS, I went to the one down the street to get a few games for it, and the fucking clerk kept laughing at me, and making stupid comments, just because, oh golly, I'm a girl, so I'll probably want to pick up the latest Nintendogs, or Imagine: Babysitter or what the fuck ever. And THEN when I went to check out (With FFIII) he asked me (just to gague my reaction im sure) "So, DS? What games are coming out for the DS soon? Do you even know?? " Then handed me that list they have of upcoming games.

Oh my GOD i was fucking livid. Just because I'm a girl, don't assume I don't know shit about games. God Damn.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By TheHBK
@raegunz_ said:
" Agreed, the employees are what makes me sneer at the establishment. When I first got my DS, I went to the one down the street to get a few games for it, and the fucking clerk kept laughing at me, and making stupid comments, just because, oh golly, I'm a girl, so I'll probably want to pick up the latest Nintendogs, or Imagine: Babysitter or what the fuck ever. And THEN when I went to check out (With FFIII) he asked me (just to gague my reaction im sure) "So, DS? What games are coming out for the DS soon? Do you even know?? " Then handed me that list they have of upcoming games.  Oh my GOD i was fucking livid. Just because I'm a girl, don't assume I don't know shit about games. God Damn. "
HAHAHA, this is the best story yet.  It has never really happened to me but I have seen other customers get treated like crap or be taken advantage of.

Older women, moms, will be taken advantage of and be told to buy this and this and this.   Strategy guys, insurance on the disk or extra accessories.

One time, someone called in to complain because their xbox broke down, the guy just said "cant help you because you didnt get an extended warrant" and hung up.  Then he sneered at another customer, shouldda bought insurance!!!

Or when I was close to getting pissed, was when I went to pick up a preorder of Zelda, at this point DS games that were good had been hard to find in stores, like Trauma Center, so I preordered just in case.  The guy told me I was lucky because I got one of the last ones.  Lucky?  No I am not supposed to be lucky if I preorded.

Although to be fair, I am gonna be trading in some games to them soon, Killzone 2, Halo Wars and infinite undiscovery.  I know I iwll get 45 bucks together for the first 2, but ill take 50 cents for that last one!  But I will be trading for borderlands and that will be that.
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By damnboyadvance

Their trade-in system is horrible. You actually have to go TO the store to find out just the price they'll buy it for, because "it varies by location." Why? What, is Halo ODST worth more in California than in New York City? Just trying to squeeze the money outta you, I guess.

And yes, I usually hate their employees too. I've seen some decent employees, but the rest are just smart ass teenagers that think they are "in the industry," but they really aren't. For some reason, Best Buy seems better with that. Maybe it's because they don't harass me and will just give me my game straight up.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By iam3green

aaa, another thread on gamestop. i always enjoy reading these threads. 

i kind of found otu that u should go to gamestop around when they are closing as they dont' really care. usually when i go they try and sell me their edge card.  their  trade-ins are horrible, the employees are stupid. when i bought my ps3 i wanted component cables for it. i went to gamestop to buy one the employee told me ps3 doesn't have component only AV and HDMI. i ended up buying them from ebay  and saved me $10.

i've actually stopped going to gamestop and been going to gamecrazy. they have a lot better prices on games. some of the newer games cost $45 compared to $60. i found really good.

MiamiRedHawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By MiamiRedHawks

I hate gamestop since they drive out independent videogame stores. Many indie stores sell music and other electronic equipment making them much more interesting than gamestop, so it sucks when indie stores have to fold due to competition with corporate chains.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Bucketdeth said:

" Who sent you? "

WHO SENT YOU ????????????  Edit: im yelling at the guy With you, bucket, not at you :P "
Haha I know ; P
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Diamond

Gamestop has bought out most of their competitors and driven others out of business.  They are mostly exploitative in their used games practices and how they treat their employees.  I also don't like them for how they're unwilling to break street dates like most other retailers.

MiamiRedHawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By MiamiRedHawks
@iam3green: I like gamecrazy because they sell PSone, SNES, NES, and N64 games. Its crappy that many of gamrcrazy's franchises are closing up shop.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Wolverine
@PenguinDust said:
" Well, I don't hate Gamespot, I just don't trust them to take and hold a pre-order, but that's an entirely different story.  Second, I don't think they set prices.  In fact, I'd wager that Wal-Mart has more influence in that matter since Wal-Mart is a much, much bigger retailer of games.  One of the reasons that people have some negative feelings for Gamespot is their tactics.  The constant pitches to join their service, to reserve a pre-order, to sell back the new game you are buying, etc...  Hell, they were calling people at home to remind them that they can trade in their games.  It's just too intrusive.  Finally, even though your figures maybe right, the sense that a game I paid $60 will sell back for less than $10 is disheartening.  Especially, when Gamespot sells it used for about $5 off the cost of new.   Consumers feel like they are being "nickle and dimed" by them and so resentment builds. "
You mean Gamestop? xD
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By penguindust
@Wolverine:  Ha-ha, yeah I always do that...danmed dyslexia.  :-)
Avatar image for atomic_tangerine
Atomic_Tangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Atomic_Tangerine

To the OP- 

You just built up a straw man and tore it down.  I hate Gamestop for a multitude of reasons, and believe it or not, used game pricing isn't one of them.  When you sell them a game, you don't get very much.  It acts like a pawn shop, where you get less money but have the convenience of getting money back right away.  You get ripped off, but it isn't like it is a secret or anything. 

However, I could go on and on about pre-order bonuses, being harassed by employees, and any number of terrible experiences that simply don't happen in normal retail stores.  I am honestly confused about why Gamestop makes so much money and is everywhere, because I can't stand going there. 
Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Bigandtasty

I don't hate them; the only things that really make me upset about them is the employees "checking out" new games and selling them as new (I can understand checking out used games). I take all my business elsewhere for that reason.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I don't like going into Gamestop stores so much, but their website is totally great. I certainly don't hate them at all.

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By SoothsayerGB

Why not just order your games online?  I rented Uncharted 2 from Gamefly, and it showed up in my mailbox Tuesday afternoon.  Along with 3 Netflix movies. 

AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#70  Edited By AlexB

I already have had a pretty strong hatred for the company, for many of the regular reasons, but something a few weeks ago happened that really pissed me off. Quick story sesh:

A couple weeks ago I went to a Gamestop to go and buy Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. It was on the way while I was going to get pizza so I decided to bite the bullet and go in. So I go up to the counter and ask the lady there, "Hey do you have the new Kingdom Hearts game?" She's like, "yeah... " I'm like, "where is it I don't see it?" She's like, "it's on the wall over there." So I go and humor her to only reaffirm that it wasn't on the wall. She's like, "Oh.... I'll grab it out from under the counter." Kind of annoying, but w/e.

So she rings it up and asks me if I want to buy the strategy guide and get 10% off the game. I told her no thank you. From behind her another employee turns around and says in the most condescending voice as possible, "Do you think you're that good?" I stopped for a second and thought, "Wow that is a great way to sell a product; insult your customer straight to his face." And it was in the most Snarky voice ever. Like I know he was just trying to make a sale, but I'm not a moron, I know there is something called the internet, with all types of helpful FREE Faqs if I need them. So I just laughed at him, took my game and walked out, but seriously it kind of pissed me off. Honestly it made me not want to buy the guide even more just to prove him wrong. 

Anyway yeah, the people that work there are uneducated assholes, who think they are the shit. More or less.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MiamiRedHawks said:
" I hate gamestop since they drive out independent videogame stores. Many indie stores sell music and other electronic equipment making them much more interesting than gamestop, so it sucks when indie stores have to fold due to competition with corporate chains. "
@Diamond said:
" Gamestop has bought out most of their competitors and driven others out of business.  They are mostly exploitative in their used games practices and how they treat their employees.  I also don't like them for how they're unwilling to break street dates like most other retailers. "
That's my gripe about Gamestop. There are no more independent game stores left in my city (And this is the capitol city!). 
That's a fucking travesty!
I could care less about them lowballing me if I decide to change in a game. I hate the thought of preordering, but now they've started with some deal where you change in two games and you pay the equivalent of 50 cents and you've preordered and already bought the game. A great way to thin out all the games me or my friends will never touch again. Plus I got a lot of shelf space back after getting rid of all the dvds I'll never watch again as well. 

Not too toot my horn too much, but I earn enough money to not really care about that. I get rid of these games which I don't really care about anymore and as plus I get some loose change to knock of a little from any game I might buy. 

As for douchebag people working at the stores, I can kind of understand them for being fed up with there job, even though IT IS THEIR FUCKING JOB, so I usually go out of my way to act nice seeing as I remember how it was working retail when I was younger.
Most of the time it actually makes them feel kind of bad about it and they take good care of you afterwards.
You get more flies with sugar than vinegar ;)

Maybe it's cause I was kind of spoiled cause my friend worked at the importer so he got me games a week before release for half price that gave me some disdain.
Damn him for getting another job! * shakes fist*
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#72  Edited By natetodamax

Dupe thread

lstill01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By lstill01
@TeflonBilly:
I guess being in NYC there are still a couple independent stores, but either way I've never really found them to be that great ... there is one downtown that sells old NES games etc. and even older stuff but that's more of a novelty to go in and explore than actually buying stuff.
Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#74  Edited By Belonpopo

I was just going to make thread about this. No I think Gamestop is a good company not con artist. hears a few tips before selling to Gamestop. 

1. Check what a new copy of the game is selling for before you sell yours. do not selling game to Gamestop that you can buy for 20 bones it is not worth it! You will only get like 3$ for it. 
    2. Take advantage of there discount have an Edge card subscribe to Gameinformer buy used game if you can (depending on the game I'll most likely buy new) 
    3. DO NOT sell any past generation consoles or games keep them hook them up to TV that doesn't have a console on it. It's worth more that way. 
    4. Only pre-order from Gapestop they will make sure they don't sell your game and you get all your pre-order token.
Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#75  Edited By KowalskiManDown

I live in the UK, and even I hate Gamestop.

I have no specific reason to back that statement up though.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By TheHBK
@Belonpopo said:
" I was just going to make thread about this. No I think Gamestop is a good company not con artist. hears a few tips before selling to Gamestop.      1. Check what a new copy of the game is selling for before you sell yours. do not selling game to Gamestop that you can buy for 20 bones it is not worth it! You will only get like 3$ for it.     2. Take advantage of there discount have an Edge card subscribe to Gameinformer buy used game if you can (depending on the game I'll most likely buy new)     3. DO NOT sell any past generation consoles or games keep them hook them up to TV that doesn't have a console on it. It's worth more that way.     4. Only pre-order from Gapestop they will make sure they don't sell your game and you get all your pre-order token. "
What?  Have you not been reading the thread?  gamestop is notorious for taking as many preorders as possible and not having enough copies later on and selling your copy so to speak.
HAMMERCLAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By HAMMERCLAW

Gamestop isn't that bad, but they can be irritating. They CHARGE you for a DISCOUNT card that EXPIRES. WTF? They run the place like a funnybook shop, badgering people to "preorder". They give you only about twenty-two dollars for a week old game, then resell it for fifty-four ninety nine. They're usually out of the cheapest SKU, and so try to push the more expensive one. And so on.
ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By ShaneDev

My only issue with them is that they are badly understocked with every big release. 

And also the manager was kind of a dick.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#79  Edited By ch13696

I won't go to any GameStop near me. (I go to the one in the next city) One time I thought they were actual gamers and we exchanged PSN ID's only to be bombarded with pre-order reminders and trade in reminders on PSN. I deleted them quick. I'm telling you they are going to some pretty new lows.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Brunchies

I wasn't badgered by the gamestop in my city but in my old town, there is a worst game store that charged 55 dollars for an xbox 360 launch title that was two years old at the time.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Shadow

I feel like I've responded at least 4 times to this same topic title.  The answer is simple:  no matter what the industry, people automatically hate whoever makes the most profit.  Speaking exclusively of video games, that is Gamestop so naturally, people hate it.
sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#82  Edited By sjschmidt93

I thought you wrote this...  

EDIT: You probably did write it, based on your avatar and the top of the website.... never mind.

Use the quote button next time.

bentignor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's why I hate Gamestop. I try to buy a console online and use my Powerups Rewards Card to get the points. I try to log in, it says "user does not exist". I assume I typed the email incorrectly, so I re-type it. Same message. Again. Same thing. Every time I type it, I see that it's the right e-mail, because it's right there on the screen. Finally I begin to think that I'm just using the wrong address, so I start to look through all my email addresses for Powerup related emails, and I find that I was using the wrong one. Relieved, I go to the log-in screen, and try again. Nope. I go to the "reset password" screen and try every possible email, including the one that Gamestop has already sent e-mails to, and they all say "user does not exist". As a last resort, I try to call. I was happy to see that the help line is available 24/7. I call, to find that I have to hold, which was no big deal. 1 1/2 hours later (not even kidding) I'm still hearing the same excruciating message: "Your call is very important to us. A representative will be speaking with you shortly". Every 2-3 minutes, that same message repeats, followed by horrible "music" (if you could even call it that). In the end, this is just a great example of atrocious customer service. Dissatisfied, I stopped altogether. Gamestop, you suck.

mefipulate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By mefipulate

4 year old thread about gamestop lol

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

4 year old thread about gamestop lol

...and the topic is still relevant because Gamestop is still awful four years later.

Discuss.

bentignor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: Exactly. Still ripping people off today.

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By laserguy

Shouldnt this go under the tell me about dumb shit thread? Anyways gamestop, i love the video's of people flipping out in the store's.

It's just a game.

Avatar image for thecreamfilling
TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By TheCreamFilling

I like them, they were having a deal for 50% extra for trade ins, I got $94 for a bunch of 3DS games that didn't even belong to me. Can't argue with those results.

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blink twice if you are being forced to post this.

personandstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They sell everything for 10 dollars more than amazon and have a pretty bad selection.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

This is the Best thread I have ever seen here, ever. Please don't close this, mods. He's doing God's work here. Its like Christmas.

Will GameStop still be alive in the the next 12 months? We'll see! "Power to the players", bro.

Anywho, the last time I ever shopped at GameStop was for Red Dead. And I haven't bought anything from there since. It feels great! Game Informer is pretty good, though.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By ShadowSkill11

Much like going to a Walmart, I hate going to pawn shops too. Especially pawn shops full of annoying children.

...that and I'd rather just order from Amazon and have my crap waiting for me when I get home from work.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#93  Edited By sammo21

I hate Gamestop as a company because they are a glorified pawn shop. They buy a game at 10% of its MSRP but then sell it for only $5-$8 cheaper? They make an incredible amount of money because the majority of their shopping base considers their convenience to trump the amount of money they essentially lose in the end. Taking a Kinect for $5-10 but selling it for $80 or $90? Come on, that's insane. Taking $5 for a Wii?

I have no problem buying a new game from Gamestop but I NEVER buy a used game from Gamestop. I'd rather take my chances buying a used game on Ebay or Craigslist first. In terms of pre-ordering a game I always go where I get the better deal: Amazon, Best Buy, or Gamestop.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

Here are a few reasons:

1. The used game trade as a corporate model for profit ends up hurting a lot of developers in the end, as many people will wait until a hard price drop on the used copy of the game about two or three months after release to play it. In turn, this can prove bad for new IPs.
  2. The employees at GameStop are minimally trained. Having known four previous GameStop employees (all of whom are intelligent people that realized how shitty that place was), they all had horror stories of how much they hated it there and how inept many employees are.
  3. GameStop will hire females so long as (according to two of my previous buddies) "they are pretty enough to make horndogs buy games and keep stalking the store."
  4. Corporate for GameStop drive their employees to be the most annoying pests on the planet the minute you reach the front counter. They drive employees to the point that most of them could be replaced with an LCD screen of a human face that continually asks you if you'd like to pre-order a game, buy a disc warranty, if you would like to pre-order a game, buy a disc warranty, get a subscription to Game Informer, pre-order a game, and then finally sell you some shit. That annoyance is not necessarily something the employee WANTS to do. It's something they are FORCED to do.
  5. Most employees don't know jack shit about a game beyond what a press release will tell you.
  6. They will sell you a used copy of a game at a new copy price because "it's a display copy of the game, so it's perfectly fine." If you argue with them about it, they will never budge on the matter.
  7. There will be a line of nine fucking people and only one employee behind the counter...while the manager is sitting in the back, jerking off into a bottle or whatever the fuck they are doing.
  8. If you REALLY want to get used games, you could easily get them as cheap if not cheaper at other places, like Half.com.
  9. They still don't have a copy of Battletoads.

There's a LOAD of other reasons why I hate GameStop. Regardless of that, their Black Friday deals are always ace, so I end up walking into one at least once a year.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One thing about gamestop is they always somehow redeem themselves. I remember them once shortchanging me on a couple of games and gave me 5 dollars for all 3 C&C games on xbox 360. A few months later I bought a used copy of Luigi's Mansion and there was also a used copy of Animal Crossing in it. Think the gaming gods took pity on me and leveled things out, eventually.

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By James_ex_machina

I dislike the Gamestop practices, not the employees because they are just doing their jobs.

The things I dislike about going there is getting a new game that is opened, and being asked to preorder everything. I also find better deals on new games from other stores.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Game stop is running a business, but I don't much like their business, so I avoid it and I tell other to avoid it.

People can save the equity of the games they own by selling their games in other ways. Instead of buying for $60.00 + tax, and getting $15 in store GS credit when they trade it in, they can sell it in other ways where they make more money and even their buyer get it for less than they woudl pay at GS.

GameStops are like check cashing stores, rent-to-own services, and pawnshops; because they are parasitic on their consumers. They prey on the poor, under educated and uninformed to make their money. They sell a view of teh world that says, "Selling your own games is hard, we make ist easy and you get a good deal." But of course it a bad deal and their view of the world is skewed like a As Seen On TV frying pan...."Making pancakes is HARD! Unless you use our frying pan worth $2 what we sell for $9.95 plus S&H...that is also twice as much as real shipping costs."

earlygrab666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They've treated me like crap so many times I would rather give up gaming than support that store. Thankfully I don't have to.

I'm fighting the urge to tell my stories/rant, they demonstrate comical levels of stupidity and attitude from bratty kids old enough to know better.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because they sell you "new" games that aren't actually new.

Because they ask you a million questions before you can actually complete your purchase. Don't care if that's their job. No one wants to hear all that shit.

Because used games have had a shitty effect on the industry and that's Gamestops primary source of revenue.

Because their workers don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

Because they don't have the best prices.

etc.