This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

The opinions of a bunch of immature little nerdy twats means less than nothing to me.

#152 Posted by pwnasaurus (1286 posts) -
@MysteriousBob said:
" The opinions of a bunch of immature little nerdy twats means less than nothing to me. "
your negativity all the time is at some times horrid but at least you are sticking to your guns.
#153 Posted by natetodamax (19219 posts) -

They're not wrong about some things. There is pretty much no rule against trolling on Giant Bomb.

#154 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

Urmm, i just went and looked through the threads and saw nothing hateful or anywhere near as borderline spiteful / Immature as some of the responses brought forth by our community here :/ 

Far as i can see there are people in every forum that will be against  at least one or two others for no reason other than 'the internet, yo;' 
 Not gonna lie im not very well versed in GAF - a few podcasts i listen to seem to have this mock 'mention neogaf and then say - i know i know but hear me out' (looking at you weekend confirmed) but other than that i know next to nothing about them - although its weird you need to pay for an email address to get in ! though i guess that keeps the easy trolls out ! and in comparison gb's modding is pretty lax (and im all for both) 

Though if 'Lard' in the comments is the same 'Lard' that was on GB (which given the avatar he's using, i wouldn't be surprised' imma just go ahead and take this opportunity to remember him and that he WAS a complete trolling dick - but w/e. 

Welcome to any gaffers browsing this thread (not sure why it exists in the first place) and spread the love etc etc etc

#155 Posted by Jadeskye (4368 posts) -

Wait so people on the internet don't like something on the internet? 

Stop the fucking presses.

#156 Posted by Shadow (4988 posts) -

They're stuck far, far up their own asses. In the process of getting into that position, most of them have actually managed to stick their head through their anus twice. How, you ask? They're just so pompous that it defies physics.

#158 Posted by dudeglove (8280 posts) -

Wow, not only hating on another website's forum but also going to the trouble of making a thread here about it? Really? 

People bitch all the time on the Internet, because they regurgitate whatever the first thought is in their head and don't realize how moronic they sound until after they hit the enter key.

#159 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -
@Shadow said:
" They're stuck far, far up their own asses. In the process of getting into that position, most of them have actually managed to stick their head through their anus twice. How, you ask? They're just so pompous that it defies physics. "
That actually made me laugh, well done sir!
#160 Edited by MattyFTM (14432 posts) -

It's not necessarily that they hate the community (although you guys have done a pretty good job of turning that into a reality), they just like the editorial side of things, and they also like to discuss it their corner of the internet. Both this thread and the NeoGAF responses to it have proved that neither site is overly mature and both communities have a lot of room for improvement. Why do we have to get into a shit slinging contest with another site? They like Giant Bomb, and we like Giant Bomb. We have plenty in common - why can't we just be friends? It doesn't really matter where we choose to discuss video games & Giant Bomb. We both love the site, and the dickish behaviour from both sides is dumb and pointless - stop it!!!!

#161 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

They have their own community, which they prefer. That's fine. And the comments in this thread show that the Giant Bomb community is not willing to welcome them here, so why shouldn't they stay there? Apparently we all hate them.

#162 Posted by RoboRobb (1054 posts) -

They all seem like absolute knobs on Neogaf. Also, I'm 21 years old, so Giant Bomb is not really a 'childish' community.     

#163 Posted by CptBedlam (4457 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" ...too many kids here."
I laughed so hard at this. You're like the biggest joke running around here and it's you who is complaining about kids. Priceless. :D
#164 Posted by Raymayne (1226 posts) -
@President_Barackbar said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" ...too many kids here.  Too be honest, I don't know why I spend more time here than GAF.    "
Then go over and stay over, we don't want you. "
^ That's why. 

All-in-all the community here is mostly an incredibly sad immature group of kids, spouting the "UH UH UH UH" and "Deal with it baby" crap over and over and over and over just goes to demonstrate this really. The way some people d-ride the GB crew and act like being a member of this site is like being part of some elite club, some upper echelon of internet-based video game coverage, some tightly-knit community where only those 'in the know' can understand things like "<>" and "that time Vinny said the C word!", it's just pretty pathetic, and not all of these people are kids, I won't discriminate, some of the oldest members here with thousands of forum posts act like GB is the only place on the net to find funny videos and interesting discussion, and that other sites like IGN and NeoGaf are hives of tyranny. Just the way most of you posting in this thread call members of NeoGaf "them" and "outsiders" like they're some sort of alien race. It's basically the fact that a good majority of the people here think that they are special just for visiting this site. 

I thoroughly enjoy the work of the GB crew, and they are an exceptionally funny group of guys, but they are not the only ones who put out a great weekly video game podcast, this is most certainly not the only forum where you can find some interesting debates and silly little 'memes' and 'in-jokes', this is NOT the only website with a staff of funny dudes who enjoy being pretty community-driven, and to be honest the video game coverage on this site leaves a hell of a lot to be desired. So I can understand perfectly why a non-GB user would find cause to say "Yo, what the fuck is wrong with some of the people on Giantbomb?" when they see a post like "So I was playing AC:B and stabbing dudes in the face and neck like UH!! when I saw Jeff joined my game and then he quit!!! Deal with it baby was all like 'WHAT?!', POW BLOCK ANYONE LOLOLOL?"
#165 Posted by Zafmg (313 posts) -
@RoboRobb said:
"  They all seem like absolute knobs on Neogaf. Also, I'm 21 years old, so Giant Bomb is not really a 'childish' community.      "
Hey there buddy, even if you're 21 the median age can still be lower and even still in the dreadful CHILDISH RANGE!

It's... it's statistics, I guess! How you doin?
#166 Posted by Onno10 (405 posts) -

Yay, lets do this like the matrix online all over again :/

#167 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -
@Raymayne: Yep, same as our community here on Giant Bomb. I don't know how you missed that.
#168 Posted by TheSheepherder (73 posts) -

Cripes, they have too much goddamn time on their hands.

#169 Posted by Onno10 (405 posts) -
@Raymayne said:
" @President_Barackbar said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" ...too many kids here.  Too be honest, I don't know why I spend more time here than GAF.    "
^ That's why.  All-in-all the community here is mostly an incredibly sad immature group of kids, spouting the "UH UH UH UH" and "Deal with it baby" crap over and over and over and over just goes to demonstrate this really. The way some people d-ride the GB crew and act like being a member of this site is like being part of some elite club, some upper echelon of internet-based video game coverage, some tightly-knit community where only those 'in the know' can understand things like "<>" and "that time Vinny said the C word!", it's just pretty pathetic, and not all of these people are kids, I won't discriminate, some of the oldest members here with thousands of forum posts act like GB is the only place on the net to find funny videos and interesting discussion, and that other sites like IGN and NeoGaf are hives of tyranny. Just the way most of you posting in this thread call members of NeoGaf "them" and "outsiders" like they're some sort of alien race. It's basically the fact that a good majority of the people here think that they are special just for visiting this site.  I thoroughly enjoy the work of the GB crew, and they are an exceptionally funny group of guys, but they are not the only ones who put out a great weekly video game podcast, this is most certainly not the only forum where you can find some interesting debates and silly little 'memes' and 'in-jokes', this is NOT the only website with a staff of funny dudes who enjoy being pretty community-driven, and to be honest the video game coverage on this site leaves a hell of a lot to be desired. So I can understand perfectly why a non-GB user would find cause to say "Yo, what the fuck is wrong with some of the people on Giantbomb?" when they see a post like "So I was playing AC:B and stabbing dudes in the face and neck like UH!! when I saw Jeff joined my game and then he quit!!! Deal with it baby was all like 'WHAT?!', POW BLOCK ANYONE LOLOLOL?" "
I don't like any of you.
#170 Edited by magus213 (36 posts) -

Pretty much my first thought when I started looking at neogaf a few years ago was "man these guys are a bunch of self-felating dicks." Half of them can't go more than 3 posts without making some inane comment like "I like this thread" or "I love gaf for shit like this." The other half seems to take it upon themselves to be the gaf Internet Police Force, as particularly highlighted during the first few pages of the thread that created DudeBro. 

There's no real point in saying "fuck neogaf" because most of them are perfectly happy to isolate themselves from the rest of the internet gaming community, which I have no problem with. They can keep their "I love gaf soooooo much" circle-jerks to themselves.

#171 Posted by RoboRobb (1054 posts) -
@Zafmg: You're possibly right in thinking the average age is slightly lower, though just keep in mind there are like-minded mature users on here at Giant Bomb; and we don't all act like kids.
#172 Edited by CptBedlam (4457 posts) -
@Raymayne said:

" @President_Barackbar said:

" @KaosAngel said:

^ That's why.  All-in-all the community here is mostly an incredibly sad immature group of kids, spouting the "UH UH UH UH" and "Deal with it baby" crap over and over and over and over just goes to demonstrate this really. The way some people d-ride the GB crew and act like being a member of this site is like being part of some elite club, some upper echelon of internet-based video game coverage, some tightly-knit community where only those 'in the know' can understand things like "<>" and "that time Vinny said the C word!", it's just pretty pathetic, and not all of these people are kids, I won't discriminate, some of the oldest members here with thousands of forum posts act like GB is the only place on the net to find funny videos and interesting discussion, and that other sites like IGN and NeoGaf are hives of tyranny. Just the way most of you posting in this thread call members of NeoGaf "them" and "outsiders" like they're some sort of alien race. It's basically the fact that a good majority of the people here think that they are special just for visiting this site.  I thoroughly enjoy the work of the GB crew, and they are an exceptionally funny group of guys, but they are not the only ones who put out a great weekly video game podcast, this is most certainly not the only forum where you can find some interesting debates and silly little 'memes' and 'in-jokes', this is NOT the only website with a staff of funny dudes who enjoy being pretty community-driven, and to be honest the video game coverage on this site leaves a hell of a lot to be desired. So I can understand perfectly why a non-GB user would find cause to say "Yo, what the fuck is wrong with some of the people on Giantbomb?" when they see a post like "So I was playing AC:B and stabbing dudes in the face and neck like UH!! when I saw Jeff joined my game and then he quit!!! Deal with it baby was all like 'WHAT?!', POW BLOCK ANYONE LOLOLOL?" "
Wow, someone sounds pretty butthurt for some reason.

First, generalization ftw, yay! 

Secondly, you realize that many Neogaf users show kind of the same behaviour? There are people there that act like Neogaf is the most exclusive gaming community on the web and the community over there has their inside jokes, too? Why the f*ck are you complaining about something as harmless as inside jokes? Did some GB community member physically hurt you or something?

I will say that the vast majority of this community doesn't care for Neogaf at all. They don't love them, they don't hate them, they just don't care whereas Neogaf seems to be weirdly obsessed with pigeonholing the GB community.
#173 Posted by XenoNick (1483 posts) -

Have never visited Neogaf in my life but if they wanna hate. Let them hate.

#174 Posted by KaosAngel (13764 posts) -

I shall make a thread on Something Awful and see what they think.

#175 Posted by XenoNick (1483 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" I shall make a thread on Something Awful and see what they think. "
Hate to sound rude but is there any point?
#176 Posted by KaosAngel (13764 posts) -
@XenoNick said:
"Hate to sound rude but is there any point? "
Is there any point to this thread?   

Also, I found out I still can't make threads on SA.  Pretended to be a furry there, but long story short...I think I gotta pay another 10 bucks to make threads there, but I can post replies!  :D
#177 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -
@Raymayne said:
""So I was playing AC:B and stabbing dudes in the face and neck like UH!! when I saw Jeff joined my game and then he quit!!! Deal with it baby was all like 'WHAT?!', POW BLOCK ANYONE LOLOLOL?" "  
Can't say i've ever seen a post with that title if im honest. 
And theres immaturity everywhere, everyone has they're own preferences can't we all just leave it at:
"hey, i like this"  
"hey, i dont like that i prefer this" 
"im ok with that" 
"so am i" 

yeah the internet would be some much better, but it'll never EVER happen.
#178 Posted by XenoNick (1483 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @XenoNick said:
"Hate to sound rude but is there any point? "
Is there any point to this thread?    Also, I found out I still can't make threads on SA.  Pretended to be a furry there, but long story short...I think I gotta pay another 10 bucks to make threads there, but I can post replies!  :D "
Fair point.
#179 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -
 Also

@MattyFTM
said:
" It's not necessarily that they hate the community (although you guys have done a pretty good job of turning that into a reality), they just like the editorial side of things, and they also like to discuss it their corner of the internet. Both this thread and the NeoGAF responses to it have proved that neither site is overly mature and both communities have a lot of room for improvement. Why do we have to get into a shit slinging contest with another site? They like Giant Bomb, and we like Giant Bomb. We have plenty in common - why can't we just be friends? It doesn't really matter where we choose to discuss video games & Giant Bomb. We both love the site, and the dickish behaviour from both sides is dumb and pointless - stop it!!!! "

Communist robot has spoken, lock this shit up!
#180 Posted by TheJohn (552 posts) -

Phew. I'm glad we had this talk guys.

#181 Posted by Curufinwe (1267 posts) -

Lol at the OP thinking there's something wrong with talking about Giant Bomb content outside of Giant Bomb.

#182 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

So when does jeff and ryan do a drive by on neo gaf servers,

#183 Posted by Siphillis (1298 posts) -

Under the wrong context, we do tend to have an unhealth obsession for all things Ryan, Vinny, Jeff, and Brad.

#184 Posted by iAmJohn (6134 posts) -
@scarace360 said:
"So when does jeff and ryan do a drive by on neo gaf servers, "

Already happened.
#185 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7184 posts) -

Lock. This. Now. Please.

#186 Posted by Zalasta (161 posts) -
@Siphillis said:
" Under the wrong context, we do tend to have an unhealth obsession for all things Ryan, Vinny, Jeff, and Brad. "
Pretty much this.  My biggest problem with the GB community is that the majority of the people treat the staff like demi-gods or something and they can do no wrong.  I've been here since the inception of GB (I was part of the beta), but never felt I belonged here.  On the other hand, I've been part of GAF for several years as well and I don't really fit there either.  It seemed to be ruled by a small elitist population who are obnoxiously opinionated, although most everyone else are pretty cool and knowledgeable.

GB has the best original (video) content anywhere in the online video game business, but everything else from the news reporting to reviews is lacking.  GAF is the best place for information and opinions.  Both have their strengths and weaknesses.  Neither is better or worse than the other.
#187 Posted by KaosAngel (13764 posts) -

Honestly, I think the site would be more upbeat if we could use gif images here. 

Every other forum has them, but for some reason GB is the only site that doesn't.  I have had some great ones to use but can't use them due to the lack of gif support.  :(

#188 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3625 posts) -
@KaosAngel:  Do you mean as profile pictures? Because it's possible to use them in the forums.

#189 Edited by KaosAngel (13764 posts) -

SUCK IT!  FOUND OUT HOW TO DO IT!  :D :D :D :D 

I SHALL ADD A GIF TO EVERY REPLY NOW FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK!  SUCCESS! 

EDIT: 

@TheSeductiveMoose:
 ...well yes, now I guess the goal is to do it as my profile picture.
#190 Posted by X19 (2306 posts) -
@KaosAngel: Is Neogaf clogged with your hyped GT5 threads too? If so at least we have that in common.  

Would you say any other gaming site has better editing tools than GB? Most sites look prehistoric compared to GB.

@    im_so_good_so_good  Nice trolling. 
#191 Edited by KaosAngel (13764 posts) -
@X19 said:

" @KaosAngel: Is Neogaf clogged with your hyped GT5 threads too? If so at least we have that in common."

NeoGAF's GT5 threads were huge, didn't you see them?  There was even a shit-storm when GB did their Quick Look, and GAF got upset with how the site did it.  GAF's GT5 threads were bigger than the GT-Planet stuff, it was awesome! 

#192 Posted by countinhallways (630 posts) -

#193 Posted by X19 (2306 posts) -
@KaosAngel: Can you answer my other question? 

Thanks for the GIF code :) 

#194 Posted by jlaudio7 (326 posts) -

Haters gonna hate.

#195 Posted by Fallen189 (5052 posts) -

Both communities are as bad as each other, they're both self righteous and think their "website" is better.

#196 Posted by Zlimness (571 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @WickedCobra03 said:

" Yeah, I tend to do the same thing as well.  I dunno, from what I have seen posting around on GAF is that most people are fine with the Giantbombers and love everything the 4 guys at Giantbomb do. "

Did you see the GT5 thread on NeoGAF?  They were pissed shitless at the Quick Look, and said it was a joke that's how GB represented the game. "
HAHA! I was going to crack a joke about how they're all pissed at GB because of the GT5 quick look and review score, seeing how GAF and GTP are the only places on the web that furiously defends that game. Guess I wasn't too far off.
#197 Posted by Grilledcheez (3957 posts) -
@aurahack said:
" They stay there because they're a community. We stay here because we're a community."
THIS
#198 Posted by KaosAngel (13764 posts) -
@X19: Not gonna lie, GB has the absolute best layout for forums and the most HTML5 friendly site.  However, I don't come here for the Wiki.  >.>
#199 Posted by TwoLines (2841 posts) -

Ah, internet. I guess you can find douches everywhere you go.

#200 Posted by Yanngc33 (4461 posts) -

haters gotta hate