This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

I'm confused about their system wars comment. I've probably never seen a single thread anywhere on Giant Bomb that was of the "typical system wars" variety.

#202 Edited by teh_pwnzorer (1482 posts) -
@zlimness said:

" @KaosAngel said:

" @WickedCobra03 said:

" Yeah, I tend to do the same thing as well.  I dunno, from what I have seen posting around on GAF is that most people are fine with the Giantbombers and love everything the 4 guys at Giantbomb do. "

Did you see the GT5 thread on NeoGAF?  They were pissed shitless at the Quick Look, and said it was a joke that's how GB represented the game. "
HAHA! I was going to crack a joke about how they're all pissed at GB because of the GT5 quick look and review score, seeing how GAF and GTP are the only places on the web that furiously defends that game. Guess I wasn't too far off. "
It's actually giantbomb that's in the wilderness with their bizarre scores.  The metacritic score for GT5 is 84%.   Giantbomb scores are as useful a metric as destructoid scores.  Also, I had never paid attention to gamespot scores in the old days, for a good reason... 

#203 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2686 posts) -

Because NeoGaf exists to hate. Who cares? They're barely a step up from 4chan.

#204 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -

Heh, elitists. 

They have a couple developers that come by every now and then and they think they're great. 

And, well, they're internet forums. 'Nuff said.

#205 Posted by Computerplayer1 (991 posts) -
@teh_pwnzorer said:
" @zlimness said:

" @KaosAngel said:

" @WickedCobra03 said:

" Yeah, I tend to do the same thing as well.  I dunno, from what I have seen posting around on GAF is that most people are fine with the Giantbombers and love everything the 4 guys at Giantbomb do. "

Did you see the GT5 thread on NeoGAF?  They were pissed shitless at the Quick Look, and said it was a joke that's how GB represented the game. "
HAHA! I was going to crack a joke about how they're all pissed at GB because of the GT5 quick look and review score, seeing how GAF and GTP are the only places on the web that furiously defends that game. Guess I wasn't too far off. "
It's actually giantbomb that's in the wilderness with their bizarre scores.  The metacritic score for GT5 is 84%.   Giantbomb scores are as useful a metric as destructoid scores.  Also, I had never paid attention to gamespot scores in the old days, for a good reason... 

"
Never....quote....metacritic.... 

That's like referencing some 13 year old's Geocities webpage for a thesis.
#206 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5254 posts) -

I don't understand. I'm looking at that thread and besides from the few usual cock heads that soil every forum on the internet, they seem like cool people.

#207 Posted by teh_pwnzorer (1482 posts) -
@Computerplayer1 said:

Never....quote....metacritic....  That's like referencing some 13 year old's Geocities webpage for a thesis. "
Brilliant simile.  Hmm...on second thought, it's terrible.
#208 Posted by Sweep (8845 posts) -

I know plenty of users from neogaf who have a lot of time and respect for giantbomb. I fail to see how the idiot comments of a few posters reflects on an entire forum with thousands of members. Of course SOME of them will hate giantbomb. SOME people thought Hitler was a suitable candidate to rule a country, and look how that shit turned out. 

People are idiots.

#209 Posted by nick_verissimo (1383 posts) -

I clearly don't spend enough time on the Internet seeing as I had no idea any idea any of this bullshit nonsense existed, although, I can't say that I'm overly surprised. I can't believe people actually have that much time to put effort into bashing another website. 

Yikes....

#210 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

They're jealous of our million bucks thread. And on top of that, we're classy gentlemen, and they're dirty peasants.

#211 Posted by Blair (2504 posts) -
@Vinchenzo said:
" Suck my dick. "
#212 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19329 posts) -

Why the hell is this thread so huge? Geez...

#213 Edited by coryrx8 (175 posts) -

The guys at GAF are jackasses. Frankly, the people at every other gaming forum on the planet are jackasses. I really don't know how Jeff and the Giant Bomb crew managed to put such a great community together here, but I really hope that it stays this way. This is the only gaming site where I feel like I can post a dissenting opinion in a reasonable manner without getting flamed to death by a bunch of foaming-at-the-mouth, mentally-deficient babies. From what I've seen, the community here is pretty much brought together by a love of gaming instead of populated by random fanboys who happened to wander in from out of a gutter somewhere. Not that there aren't a few bad eggs here and there, but the signal-to-noise ratio is a heck of a lot higher here than elsewhere.
#214 Posted by Castiel (2577 posts) -
@captain_clayman said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" ...too many kids here.  Too be honest, I don't know why I spend more time here than GAF.    "
excuse me sir?  as a 15 year old, i resent that remark. "
And as a 20 year old I would say that you are still a kid! No matter how much you bitch and moan about!
#215 Posted by hellsing321 (22 posts) -

Some of you guys take NeoGaf far more seriously than Gaf takes itself.

#216 Posted by coryrx8 (175 posts) -
@Castiel said:
" @captain_clayman said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" ...too many kids here.  Too be honest, I don't know why I spend more time here than GAF.    "
And as a 20 year old I would say that you are still a kid! No matter how much you bitch and moan about! "

No matter how old you get, you're still a kid to somebody. After all, you can't even drink legally yet.
#217 Posted by ThatFrood (3375 posts) -

stop

#218 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -

This still going on?

#219 Posted by ShadowKing7 (753 posts) -

Can't we all just get along?  I mean, damn, it's just the Internet.  Every website ever has a few dicks that stand out but don't speak for the rest of the people.  Let's just all have a Coke and a smile and shut the fuck up. 

Also, this thread probably should have been locked and done with a few pages ago.
#220 Posted by MostlyBearded (191 posts) -
@coryrx8 said:
" @Castiel said:
" @captain_clayman said:
" @KaosAngel said:
And as a 20 year old I would say that you are still a kid! No matter how much you bitch and moan about! "
No matter how old you get, you're still a kid to somebody. After all, you can't even drink legally yet. "
Unless you're in good ol' Canada (or Europe.)
#221 Posted by FongGhoul (233 posts) -

Oh my God this thread is still going on? 

Get over it - the OP's argument (that NeoGaf had threads about GB over on their site instead of here and therefore NeoGaf hates the GB Community) doesn't make any sense, especially because the threads on that site are generally positive and created out of love and respect for the work the GB crew does. They also create threads on Weekend Confirmed that are generally bigger than the threads on Shack. That doesn't mean they hate the Shacknews community, it just means GAF is the forum they use. Ditto for several other podcasts. Who the hell wants to go posting on a dozen different forums about different sites' podcasts? And if they have a community over there already why would they come somewhere new just to discuss QL's and ER's over here with people they don't know? There are also lots of people that post on both boards.

Yeah sure some people on GAF are dicks. Some people on GB are dicks. And teenagers. But most users on both sites are positive and share a love for video games and occasionally insightful discussion. The forums do have a different tone and have their own unique identities (some parts good, some parts not so great), and that's why I go to both.  

Also, you look kind of pathetic for continuing to bash NG when they've basically shrugged and moved on from this whole thing. 

Ok, please lock now!

#222 Posted by Kouerson (242 posts) -

The majority of the internet gaming community (GAF, SA, etc) all dislike the this community and with pretty good reason to. Akin to a cesspool is a good way of putting it.

#223 Posted by nickux (1385 posts) -

Ehh, who knows. I don't really care. I have to say that Giant Bomb has the best community I've encountered online thus far. Some of the people are hilarious and very creative. GAF can just get really petty sometimes. I mean that's part of its whole mystique. I can see how some people might get turned off by the constant memes, etc. that go on around here but to that I say fuck you for hating fun. 

#224 Posted by Sweep (8845 posts) -

How many people from Gaf signed up to giantbomb just to take part in this thread? :D 

The moral victory is ours

#225 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Sweep In GAF's defense, you can't easily join GAF let alone post there.
#226 Posted by azrailx (290 posts) -
@Kouerson: nice grammar attemp 
and yes thats all i have to say about ur post because the rest is uselessly inflammatory 
#227 Posted by Sweep (8845 posts) -
@KaosAngel: I know, i'm only fucking about. I think this whole thread is pretty dumb. "One group of random people on the internet has beef with another group of random people on the internet for no reason, despite them both having a common interest."  Fucking brain surgeons.
#228 Posted by 1p (760 posts) -

Hey guys, i like both sites! People gotta stop hatin'.

#229 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

A lot of people on this site are terrible, to be fair.

#230 Edited by webrunner (23 posts) -

If you put the internet in a room, they'll argue over some major divisive topic, such as whether games are a worthwhile pursuit. 

Take all the gamers and put them in a room, and they'll argue about what forum they visit. 

Put all the members of one forum in a room and they'll split into groups based on consoles vs pc. 

Put all the console players in a room and they'll split up by console and argue about that. 

Put all the XBox players in a room and they'll split up on shooters vs other games.   

Put all the shooter players in a room, and they'll argue about Halo vs Call of Duty vs Half-Life 

Put alll the COD fans in a room and they'll argue about MW2 vs Black Ops 

Put all the Black Ops players in a room and they'll split over some other topic like dual shotguns. 

Put all the dual shotgun players in a room together and they'll argue over who has the biggest gamerscore. 

Put all the people in separate rooms with the same gamerscore and they'll argue about which acehievements they have. 

Give up, put everyone in their own room, and I suppose they'll have to argue with themselves?

#231 Edited by Claude (16255 posts) -

I wonder if NeoGAF's dicks are getting hard to our soft dicks? Fucking internet.

#232 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -

I'll get the switch blades and the zip guns.

*snap* *snap* *snap* *snap*

#233 Posted by Gamer_152 (14072 posts) -

Is this thread still a thing? I think we've established by now that most GB and NeoGAF members have no beef with each other, and that there will always be arguments on the internet. Can we just stop posting things here now, pretty please? It doesn't make either community look good.

#234 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -
@Hitchenson said:
" A lot of people on this site are terrible, to be fair. "
This is one of the best sites I have ever posted in. Unlike most places on the internet, this place is a community. It goes through its ups and downs, but it is a great place to be.
#235 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

People need to grow up and stop trying to make a drama out of something that is clearly a non-issue.   

It's all in your imagination if you believe there is some sort of 'beef' between Giant Bomb and other websites. Just like it's all in people's imaginations when they start seeing illuminati symbols on the most mundane of everyday objects like paper-money....