Why Does Neogaf Want These New Systems To Fail

• 60 results
ArcHTecHGuY79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Why is it that on Neogaf that every poster seems to want these new consoles to fail and that mobile is going to take over.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the internet hates fun

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

People are assholes

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm a big Gaf fan, but one of the reason I prefer this forum is that the Gaf audience has an irrational tribalism that borders on mob-like hyperbole. Some of the threads have undoubtedly insightful comments, but the half the time its dumb one-liners or half-reasoned rants about platform preference.

To answer your question, I have no idea. I bet most of the people that post these tirades don't know what they want either. Honestly, I want the Xbox and PS4 to be in near parity with Steam. If all three are in close competition they will continue to slash game prices and sweeten their services.

The knock against Gaf is that most of their audience are Sony fanboys. This is my "alignment" as well, but that doesn't mean I want MS to burn.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Because they're idiots on the internet.

reckless_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

It's all about justifying purchases.

Miketakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

From what I've seen GAF wants PS4 to succeed.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#8 gamer_152  Moderator

I seriously doubt that's the case, most big games enthusiasts have never been that strongly inclined to mobile games, and there's no way they all want consoles to fail. The exact reason why people don't like certain consoles is usually to do with the consoles themselves, but sometimes people want to see their personal opinions justified by seeing the products or companies they don't like fail. For the Xbox One specifically, people have rallied against that console for its anti-consumer policies, high price, etc. and the Wii U has gained a certain amount of flack for not having a strong library of games and catering to "the casuals". Really though, the simplest answer to this question seems to be to ask the people at NeoGAF.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't noticed that at all. I think you are hyperbolizing to the maximum extreme.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think it stems from the fact that they're largely cynical, insular jerks that want to be able to say "I told you so".

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

The internet is a special place.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scrawnto said:

I think it stems from the fact that they're largely cynical, insular jerks that want to be able to say "I told you so".

Exactly this, i hang around neogaf but i never post anything, not much point since they are all evil internet trolls lol. I just go there for the news

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

I don't know, it's an Internet forum so not much useful comes out of it besides entertaining posturing and trolling?

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By shinjin977

Go to gaf for CBOAT rumors and nothing else is my advice.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@tourgen said:

I don't know, it's an Internet forum so not much useful comes out of it besides entertaining posturing and trolling?

Are you forgetting about those Hi-larious Kaz Harai gifs?

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pie

Gaf seems like a horrible place. Don't understand why it's so popular and why people hold it above other forums

Avatar image for deactivated-630b11c195a3b
deactivated-630b11c195a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

um, they don't?

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CptBedlam

I read Neogaf on a daily basis and have an account there but I haven't read anything even close to someone wishing mobile would take over. Quite on the contrary. And, of course, people wanted the Xbone to fail before the policy change - but that goes for pretty much every place on the internet.

@archtechguy79: So wtf, OP?

@miketakon said:

From what I've seen GAF wants PS4 to succeed.

Yep.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

@pie said:

Gaf seems like a horrible place. Don't understand why it's so popular and why people hold it above other forums

Probably because it's exclusive.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pie said:

Probably because it's exclusive.

A while back someone on this forum told me that if someone floated a rumor and it is not true, that person will get permanent ban. That is why a trusted source like CBOAT was/is so reliable and why I think gaf rumor turn out to be true so often.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

It always pisses me off when Ryan talks shit about AMD and he clearly has no idea what he is talking about as far as PC hardware is concerned, I thought is was funny and wise that Brad was preaching on this weeks podcast against this sort of behaviour.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By chrissedoff

@pie: Their moderation is more strict than most forums (though not strict enough to prevent it from becoming a shitshow of hostile pricks, "fanboys", and unfunny idiots surfing an ocean of pointless GIFs). They've added a minor roadblock to GAF membership in the form of banning sign-ups from gmail and hotmail addresses. The (erroneous) impression that GAF users have gotten that these policies keep out kids and other riff raff coupled with the inexplicable fact that a lot of industry insiders lurk on GAF has deluded the userbase into believing the site to be a conspicuously mature, intelligent and rational community for discussing video games. The truth, however, is that they're only slightly more mature--and many times more obnoxious--than the people who frequent forums at places like gametrailers.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's NeoGaf.
There's a bigger chance you'll find Jesus or a virgin or a leprechaun than finding positivity on NeoGaf :P

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

Why is it that on Neogaf that every poster seems to want these new consoles to fail and that mobile is going to take over.

I'm on gaf and I don't want these systems to fail. It isn't every poster; you are being as hyperbolic as the people you are complaining about.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They want the PS4 to succeed and the xbone to fail while the Wii U already failed. And they say that about mobile because it is the truth. Look how many sequels of games actually now get announced for IOS devices. The last one was some rally game^^

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Go to gaf for CBOAT rumors and nothing else is my advice.

And the gifs. Glorious, beautiful, browser killing gifs.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scrawnto said:

yep. This same shit happens on SA, for example (heaven forbid you say anything nice at all about the xbone)

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pie: Their moderation is more strict than most forums (though not strict enough to prevent it from becoming a shitshow of hostile pricks, "fanboys", and unfunny idiots surfing an ocean of pointless GIFs). They've added a minor roadblock to GAF membership in the form of banning sign-ups from gmail and hotmail addresses. The (erroneous) impression that GAF users have gotten that these policies keep out kids and other riff raff coupled with the inexplicable fact that a lot of industry insiders lurk on GAF has deluded the userbase into believing the site to be a conspicuously mature, intelligent and rational community for discussing video games. The truth, however, is that they're only slightly more mature--and many times more obnoxious--than the people who frequent forums at places like gametrailers.

No Caption Provided

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Some people don't seem to realize that a website isn't a sentient being or that individuals in a forum have their own individual opinions.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do you care about what Gaf thinks?

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@fluxwavez said:

Some people don't seem to realize that a website isn't a sentient being or that individuals in a forum have their own individual opinions.

Moreover though, I really don't see what people are talking about. Plenty of jaded people exist everywhere, but being relentlessly negative about everything is a pretty good way to get yourself banned from Gaf, as far as I can tell. All these reflexive "oh, why can't we all get along?" or "why does everyone act so angry? :(:(" are irritating to me because they duck any real substance.

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@marokai: You complain about them ducking any substance, but yet how does you complaining about them have any more substance?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@marokai: You complain about them ducking any substance, but yet how does you complaining about them have any more substance?

How does that make any sense? The proof for Marokai's claims is this very thread. Where is the proof that supports the OP's claims?

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@connerthekewlkid said:

How does that make any sense? The proof for Marokai's claims is this very thread. Where is the proof that supports the OP's claims?

I never said either of them had good claims honey, just that complaining about people complaining doesn't do anything.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never said either of them had good claims honey, just that complaining about people complaining doesn't do anything.

Then you need to learn how to read correctly because your use of "substance" was nonsensical.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

A desire for something else to everyone have ammo to shoot down on the forums is my guess while they all secretly love the new consoles.

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@fluxwavez said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

Then you need to learn how to read correctly because your use of "substance" was nonsensical.

Well if it makes you happy ill try to improve vocabulary skills for you next time <3

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The internet sucks blah blah blah forums are dumb trolling unhelpful answer hyperbolic response generalizing this forum is okay.

Dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Dot

Why don't you ask them?

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since GAF single handedly kept Sony from adopting the same DRM policies as Microsoft with their twitter campaign the haterade has never really stopped.

Steak_Monster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Internet cool points, man.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

inter forum drama is so fucking stupid. Both on here and on GAF.

they are just internet forums y'all. stop acting like GAF is your bitter enemy.

gogosox82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I post on gaf on a regular basis and I have no idea how you got that impression. Before the ms did a 180 on the xbox, a lot of people definitely wanted it to fail but since they've changed course it seems to have evened out and no one wanted ps4 to fail. Many people on gaf who were 360 fans became ps4 fans overnight because the policies the xbox had. And mobile games? No one on gaf really likes mobile games that much.

gogosox82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta said:

inter forum drama is so fucking stupid. Both on here and on GAF.

they are just internet forums y'all. stop acting like GAF is your bitter enemy.

Also this.

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By connerthekewlkid

Since GAF single handedly kept Sony from adopting the same DRM policies as Microsoft with their twitter campaign the haterade has never really stopped.

Please no

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@djou said:

To answer your question, I have no idea. I bet most of the people that post these tirades don't know what they want either. Honestly, I want the Xbox and PS4 to be in near parity with Steam. If all three are in close competition they will continue to slash game prices and sweeten their services.

Not sure if you're talking about sales parity. Cause if console game sales sunk to PC numbers we would see a colapse of the modern AAA game. We need consoles and their huge game sales to get the large scale singleplayer focused game I personnaly like to play.

mason20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really an informed answer as I do not really go on Neogaf but to be fair it is much easier, albeit lazy to write about stuff you dislike or want to fail. Negativity sells and people will more likely search and comment on things they dislike and sadly some of those people can get poorly misinformed by said bias or hatred.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's NeoGaf.

There's a bigger chance you'll find Jesus or a virgin or a leprechaun than finding positivity on NeoGaf :P

I'd wager that there are plenty of virgins on GAF xD