• 59 results
#51 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11413 posts) -

My favorite source of NeoGAF information comes from this twitter feed. I have no problem with the forum itself, other than the part where it's somehow considered important by the gaming industry for no other reason than its size and supposed exclusivity.

#52 Posted by Flacracker (1571 posts) -

Because PC MASTER RACE

#53 Posted by Irvandus (2774 posts) -

Because on the internet dissing and hating something for no real reason is cool.

#54 Posted by Devil240Z (3250 posts) -

Why is it that on Neogaf that every poster seems to want these new consoles to fail and that mobile is going to take over.

god if everything went mobile I would quit games.

#55 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2855 posts) -

please don't refer to NeoGaf as one mind..

#56 Posted by Bummlmitz (72 posts) -

So you're saying, you need these systems to succeed. Because I couldn't care less about the AAA games published over the last couple of years.

On topic: there is no one "gaf". Plenty of users with different opinions as in any other forum.

#57 Edited by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@chrissedoff said:

@pie: Their moderation is more strict than most forums (though not strict enough to prevent it from becoming a shitshow of hostile pricks, "fanboys", and unfunny idiots surfing an ocean of pointless GIFs). They've added a minor roadblock to GAF membership in the form of banning sign-ups from gmail and hotmail addresses. The (erroneous) impression that GAF users have gotten that these policies keep out kids and other riff raff coupled with the inexplicable fact that a lot of industry insiders lurk on GAF has deluded the userbase into believing the site to be a conspicuously mature, intelligent and rational community for discussing video games. The truth, however, is that they're only slightly more mature--and many times more obnoxious--than the people who frequent forums at places like gametrailers.

Such self-importance over a video game forum. Hilarious.

#58 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1796 posts) -

@mcghee said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@chrissedoff said:

@pie: Their moderation is more strict than most forums (though not strict enough to prevent it from becoming a shitshow of hostile pricks, "fanboys", and unfunny idiots surfing an ocean of pointless GIFs). They've added a minor roadblock to GAF membership in the form of banning sign-ups from gmail and hotmail addresses. The (erroneous) impression that GAF users have gotten that these policies keep out kids and other riff raff coupled with the inexplicable fact that a lot of industry insiders lurk on GAF has deluded the userbase into believing the site to be a conspicuously mature, intelligent and rational community for discussing video games. The truth, however, is that they're only slightly more mature--and many times more obnoxious--than the people who frequent forums at places like gametrailers.

Such self-importance over a video game forum. Hilarious.

While I know this doesn't represent the whole forum, I still find it appalling that there's more than one person that thinks "They don't like us because there jealous"

#59 Edited by egg (1452 posts) -

Neogaf requires non-free emails maybe that has something to do with it.

Social sciences and all.

Say, does signing up for a phone give you an email? If so then that would almost certainly explain things.

#60 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@zeforgotten said:

It's NeoGaf.

There's a bigger chance you'll find Jesus or a virgin or a leprechaun than finding positivity on NeoGaf :P

I'd wager that there are plenty of virgins on GAF xD

True xD

#61 Posted by Brodehouse (9515 posts) -

Because some men just want to watch the world burn.