Why does noone remember Final Fantasy 9?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

I admit I'm not a big console gamer because I don't own any console and have really just played on the PC or PC like systems since the late 80's when I started playing games. However my friends would always own consoles and I remember there were two major consoles that got everyone in gaming here in the UK. The Playstation opened it upto everyone and suddenly you saw them in pubs and stuff which you don't even see today. The N64 which shoulda just been called the peripheral ro play Goldeneye because thats all my mates and I did was play 4 player pslit screen on that game with lots of beer.

I used to go round one of my friends alot and just watch him play Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9 and I know it sounds abit weird but they are the kinda games I don't like to play but I really liked to watch. Here in the UK none of us have ever heard of Final Fantasy before 7 and we all wondered why they started the series on 7.... now we know differently lol. My fave one to "watch" was Final Fantasy 9 and I remember that game had one of the best opening acts ever! The whole trying to kidnap the princess thing was just amazing to me back then and I thought it was just a real great game.

Now for me I have never played 1 - 6 and have no plans to and I think 10, 11 and 12 suck so the only ones I've ever liked were 7,8 and 9.

I just don't get why Final Fantasy fans seem to never remember 9?