Why doesn't Giant Bomb just hire Matt Rorie already?

• 95 results
TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By TyCobb

@snail said:

@tycobb said:

@animasta said:

@tycobb said:

No! Fuck this. Dave > Rorie. There is no one else to play PC RPGs the way he and Vinny play them together. God dammit!

dave will still be around, chill outttttt

No thanks. Once Dave lands another full time job, he will not be around.

If Gary Whitta manages to be around Tested, I don't see why Dave (or most anyone else really) wouldn't be able to simultaneously manage a full-time job and providing content for goofy sites. Stop being a dick about this. Rorie is a great addition to the site.

Probably the main reason he has been gone for a few months.... he has a kid now. Not meant to be a dick to Rorie, I would just prefer Dave over him. Read my post in the first page of this thread; I hate change. Don't get me wrong, I like Rorie, but this is the worst way he could come back.

Dave may still be around here and there, but won't be long before we rarely see him again, if ever. I hope I am wrong, but it is impossible for this insured if he is no longer employed with the company.

EDIT: Would also like to point out that Random PC games and most of the subscriber video content with Dave is the main reason I subscribed. So that's mainly where this is coming from aside from the fact that I don't like change as mentioned.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@tycobb said:

@snail said:

@tycobb said:

@animasta said:

@tycobb said:

No! Fuck this. Dave > Rorie. There is no one else to play PC RPGs the way he and Vinny play them together. God dammit!

dave will still be around, chill outttttt

No thanks. Once Dave lands another full time job, he will not be around.

If Gary Whitta manages to be around Tested, I don't see why Dave (or most anyone else really) wouldn't be able to simultaneously manage a full-time job and providing content for goofy sites. Stop being a dick about this. Rorie is a great addition to the site.

Probably the main reason he has been gone for a few months.... he has a kid now. Not meant to be a dick to Rorie, I would just prefer Dave over him. Read my post in the first page of this thread; I hate change. Don't get me wrong, I like Rorie, but this is the worst way he could come back.

Dave may still be around here and there, but won't be long before we rarely see him again, if ever. I hope I am wrong, but it is impossible for this insured if he is no longer employed with the company.

You realize this was clearly all Dave's choice, right? It's obvious from his post that he really just wants to spend time with his daughter in her earliest years. Dude wants to be a dad! I think that choice should be respected without silly protest.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#104  Edited By Blackout62

Matt Rorie is actually one expensive piece of journalist. When Jeff Gerstmann pulled up to the corner where Rorie was turnin' video games reporting tricks he rolled down the window and called "Hey baby, how 'bout I show you a good time of Columbia Broadcasting System funded industry coverage."

Matt strutted forward and slid a hand over the top of Jeff's ride. Leaning forward into the driver window exposing his years of experience both in and outside the industry he said. "You really think you can get this?"

"Oh come on girl. You know I got the competitive salary plan." Jeff said leaning out and reaching for Matt.

"No, you don't." Matt said walking away.

In a slurry of mangled words Jeff peeled out while Matt stood there filing his resume.

Oh, apparently absolutely nothing like that happened. Well Matthew Rorie, you'll always be a high-class streetwalkin' video games journalist to me.

Welcome back to Giantbomb.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Andorski

Freaking out because the Giant Bomb crew won't stay together forever? Yea, that's not creepy at all...

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@mariachimacabre: Wasn't protesting anything. I was editing my post above while you were writing your reply, so hopefully that clears some things up. I understand this is Dave's decision, but do I have to like it? No. Do I have to live with it? Yes. Am I happy for both Matt and Dave that they both are getting what they want? Yes. Am I pissed that one of the main reasons I subscribed to this site is now gone or won't be the same? Yes. Get off my fuckin' back =)

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tycobb said:

@mariachimacabre: Wasn't protesting anything. I was editing my post above while you were writing your reply, so hopefully that clears some things up. I understand this is Dave's decision, but do I have to like it? No. Do I have to live with it? Yes. Am I happy for both Matt and Dave that they both are getting what they want? Yes. Am I pissed that one of the main reasons I subscribed to this site is now gone or won't be the same? Yes. Get off my fuckin' back =)

That wasn't a dickish reply at all.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dave's like a millionaire. He has free time to hang out, probably.