Why don't the make a pc Cards Against Humanity?

1momosauky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It seems so simple, it makes it so much easier to connect with your friends that are international. Also it would be so much easier to add cards as to you can just type it in.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Hailinel

A major part of the appeal of Cards Against Humanity is that you're all sitting together cracking jokes. That sort of intimacy just isn't possible in an online game. An online CAH is technically possible, but the act of playing online just wouldn't be the same.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The same reason the console version of Apples to Apples sucks. Those types of games just require an in person interaction.

1momosauky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hailinel

@hailinel: Can't they just have voice chat?

Well, really...

The same reason the console version of Apples to Apples sucks. Those types of games just require an in person interaction.

This is pretty much it. Like I said, it's technically possible to make CAH as an online game and play with voice chat, but the online atmosphere isn't what makes games like this thrive. They're better enjoyed together at the same table with friends.

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When the fidelity of online interaction can replicate stroking my brothers arm when I play the seduction card, then online CAH can happen

Gonmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Theres a fantastic app for Google Hangouts that is what you are looking for. Played it a few times and was awesome for all.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

@iodine: Is "play the seduction card" slang for seducing your brother?

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

For a second I thought you mean PC as in Politically Correct, and I was gonna say Apples to Apples.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Because being in the room with your asshole friends is the best part.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

I wish there was an online version. Got a group of skype friends I think it would be hell of fun to play this game with.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Clonedzero

No they didn't that's a cheap knock-off stealing the cards from the actual game. I mean it says so in the damn foot note of the site you linked.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clonedzero:

Wait, how can it be a knock-off if it's effectively the same? I'd say it's not like they made up their own cards, but then I saw the [CUSTOM] options. Yeesh.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clonedzero:

Wait, how can it be a knock-off if it's effectively the same? I'd say it's not like they made up their own cards, but then I saw the [CUSTOM] options. Yeesh.

Because it's not an official CAH product. It blatantly steals content from CAH. That's why it's a knock-off.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clonedzero:

Because it literally steals exact cards from CAH, like dozens and dozens of cards. Yet it's in no way officially sponsored or affiliated. It doesn't even seem legal to me actually.

I mean if i changed my user name to Video-game-king and you were Video_game_king would that be a knock-off? or blatant theft? even as something as minor and dumb as a username.

jArmAhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jArmAhead

@hailinel: Can't they just have voice chat?

Yes, and it's pretty great even without the face to face. I've played it on Skype a few times. We have a few members of our spread out little group of friends that own the game but no way to play it.

@hailinel said:

@video_game_king said:

@clonedzero:

Because it's not an official CAH product. It blatantly steals content from CAH. That's why it's a knock-off.

Not that that's really a bad thing. I think the CAH folks may have even said that it was cool it existed. If they just made it official and let people buy cards through that interface it'd be great and legitimate.

I wish there was an online version. Got a group of skype friends I think it would be hell of fun to play this game with.

Look up the first page of the thread, and there's a link to the browser version of the game. It's a lot of fun over skype with good friends.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jarmahead: Well yeah, making a web based version of the game that interfaced with various social media outlets, like facebook. Would make MILLIONS. Yet this cheap knock-off exists and prevents any legit online version from coming out, thus well. It seems the CAH guys are idiots.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

@jarmahead: I did play it and it didn't hold up. Unless they changed it and added a bunch of new cards I found that after a couple hands you saw everything there was to see.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By TheHT

@video_game_king said:

@clonedzero:

Because it literally steals exact cards from CAH, like dozens and dozens of cards. Yet it's in no way officially sponsored or affiliated. It doesn't even seem legal to me actually.

Aren't the cards available for anyone to print out?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@video_game_king said:

@clonedzero:

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@hailinel said:

@video_game_king said:

@clonedzero:

You can download the full CAH game for free from their website. They encourage it so it's not really "stealing."

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Clonedzero

@theht said:

@clonedzero said:

@video_game_king said:

@clonedzero:

Well thats an awful buisness model if true.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By MikkaQ

The knock-off computer version is awesome cause it can run on phones and tablets and thus can be played with a group of real people when you don't have physical access to the cards.

I've introduced many people to CAH this way, some of whom bought decks of their own.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clonedzero: Cards Against Humanity has their game under a creative commons license (there might be more to the name of the license, I don't remember), which means you are allowed to reuse it or reinterpret the original material however you like, as long as you give credit and aren't profiting off of it. So I think they're probably totally cool with that online thing, stuff like that is the whole reason you don't have a more strict copyright on it.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clonedzero: Cards Against Humanity has their game under a creative commons license (there might be more to the name of the license, I don't remember), which means you are allowed to reuse it or reinterpret the original material however you like, as long as you give credit and aren't profiting off of it. So I think they're probably totally cool with that online thing, stuff like that is the whole reason you don't have a more strict copyright on it.

Well sure, they can be cool with it. But they could totally make a quality version of it with actual production value behind it and probably make more for that then the actual card game itself.