why dont fighting games have a seperate lobby for casual players

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kashif1

a few months after every fighting game is reseased the only people online are rediculasly good players, the kind who can kill your entire health bar with one combo.  everyone else is driven off.  if games had a seperate lobby for expert players and one for casual players online would be morefun for everyone

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

That's what Ranked Matches are for.
Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Hitchenson

They could use TrueSkill?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Hitchenson said:
"They could use TrueSkill? "

That's what they do.
kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By kashif1

@FluxWaveZ said:

"That's what Ranked Matches are for. "

this was written based on my experiencewith soul caliber, your more likely to find someone yoour level in ranked matches than in unranked ones.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@kashif1: Exactly, so what's the problem?  If those in ranked matches are of your level that means they are of the same skill as you.
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By damnboyadvance

Why only with fighting games?

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By GunstarRed

soul calibur should have two different lobbies  

spamming high...and spamming moderate, its easily one of the less skillful fighting games out there. 

I don't know how you could separate the skill levels of players, I have played over 5000 matches in sfIV but that doesnt mean I should be fighting  players of an insane skill level because I am in no way, shape or form amazing at the game. my win percentage is high also but only due to fighting so many extremely terrible people so any kind of matchup based on win/loss ratio's would be unfair to people like me. theres no way to judge  or match up people in fighting games, shooters or anything.  
All you would get with a special "casual" lobby is all the high level idiots coming in and playing with their opponents  and then destroying them at the last minute, people like to win and since ive been playing a lot of online games i have noticed people want to win and in any way they can even if it's by picking on weaker players.