• 77 results
#1 Posted by kadash299 (282 posts) -

Clearly I missed something.. I looked around the forums but couldnt find anything..

Anyone know?

#2 Posted by Mister_V (1437 posts) -

He said on twitter he is there helping out for a week. That's all i know.

#3 Edited by Alex (2401 posts) -

Because.

Staff
#4 Edited by Animasta (14728 posts) -

@alex said:

Because.

just cause?

#5 Posted by The_Ruiner (1140 posts) -

I kind of hope he doesn't become permanent...he's cool, but better in small doses...

#6 Edited by wjb (1697 posts) -

Everyone else hates Pikmin so much, they brought Alex from the other side of the country so they don't have to talk about it.

#7 Posted by kadash299 (282 posts) -

@alex: Thanks! it all makes sense now.

#8 Posted by kagato (962 posts) -

I like Alex, i was glad to hear him on the bombcast, hope he sticks around for a bit but wont be surprised if he doesn't. He is probably in town for a wedding or just a short break, hope Rorie and Alex do a movie podcast whilst they are together.

#9 Posted by Alex (2401 posts) -
Staff
#10 Posted by Bocam (3832 posts) -

Because they wanted Alex to play the copy of Robocop they received from a fan

#11 Posted by The_Ruiner (1140 posts) -
#12 Posted by oraknabo (1514 posts) -

@the_ruiner: Maybe you're just not extreme enough to handle a larger dose of Navarro.

#13 Posted by AlKusanagi (995 posts) -

He's on the lam. Turns out once you strangle your fourth hooker, people get uppity.

#14 Posted by Swoxx (3008 posts) -

@alex said:

@the_ruiner: What in this world is truly permanent?

We learned that lesson the hard way :(

#15 Posted by bonbolapti (1626 posts) -

It's his job to go to work.

#16 Posted by jakob187 (21763 posts) -

Cocaine muling? I mean, fuck, I don't know. I don't think anyone on these forums other than staff know. What the hell does it matter? Alex on Quick Looks, y'all!

#17 Posted by jimmyfenix (3753 posts) -

@alex: Me im permanent.

#18 Posted by handlas (2762 posts) -

He best be on Unprofessional Fridays. That's all.

#19 Posted by kishinfoulux (2527 posts) -

I want him to stay. :-(

Was nice hearing him on the Bombcast. Screw New York. Come back to USSSSSSSSS.

#20 Posted by zenmastah (994 posts) -
#21 Edited by Khann (2914 posts) -

@alex said:

@the_ruiner: What in this world is truly permanent?

My eternal misery.

#22 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

Why the fuck not? I like Alex

#23 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1257 posts) -

I have enjoyed Alex this past week on the content. It is always good to get him on video and the podcast.

#24 Posted by N7 (3677 posts) -

I want him to stay. :-(

Was nice hearing him on the Bombcast. Screw New York. Come back to USSSSSSSSS.

I subscribed because of Alex, which, ironically, was a couple of weeks before he left. I've never felt the same since.

#25 Posted by ArmedBear (225 posts) -

REVENGE.

#26 Posted by Alehud42 (21 posts) -

To get away from the humidity of New York for a while, I suppose.

#27 Posted by csl316 (9499 posts) -

Espionage.

#28 Posted by BigJeffrey (5111 posts) -

Great time to take this one out, DOES it have to do something with this?

#29 Posted by fox01313 (5089 posts) -

Maybe vacation or some other reasons, always fun to see Alex there on random GB things.

#30 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

#31 Posted by believer258 (12209 posts) -

@csl316 said:

Espionage.

Thought that was Drew's area of expertise? Or is Alex like some sort of counter-Drew?

#32 Posted by mrpandaman (872 posts) -

@csl316 said:

Espionage.

Thought that was Drew's area of expertise? Or is Alex like some sort of counter-Drew?

Only Drew is the counter-Drew.

#33 Edited by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

He's sellin guns

#34 Edited by Godlyawesomeguy (6403 posts) -
#35 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Big Rigs

#37 Posted by geirr (2715 posts) -

I hope he stays a while, nay, FOREVER!

#38 Edited by Limeade_5 (9 posts) -

I'd speculate that without Ryan, everyone on the tiny GB team is massively overworked. They've brought in Alex to help them produce content and take the pressure off a bit. Maybe they'll keep him there permanently, maybe they'll hire someone new in the end. Either way, I feel for those guys right now, I feel like everyone was at capacity anyway and now they must all be terribly overworked.

#39 Edited by McLargepants (398 posts) -

I was thinking at first that it was to reduce the workload of the already overworked editorial staff. However, he's said he's only going to be here for a week, and that just doesn't make sense, that's a lot of effort for four quick looks and a live show. I wonder if he came out to SF to help interview a new person.

Or he wanted to leave New York for a bit, and wanted to spend time with friends. That's probably more likely.

#40 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1535 posts) -

Alex is here to help out everyone at the office. Don't stay too long Alex, we need you back on the East Coast.

#41 Posted by bemusedchunk (734 posts) -

He's there for PAX East.

#42 Posted by pompouspizza (293 posts) -

I'm was really happy to hear him on this weeks Bombcast, I have always really liked him.

#43 Edited by TorMasturba (1089 posts) -

@the_ruiner said:

I kind of hope he doesn't become permanent...he's cool, but better in small doses...

As is your brutal honesty sir. Jeez!

#44 Posted by TorMasturba (1089 posts) -

I'd speculate that without Ryan, everyone on the tiny GB team is massively overworked. They've brought in Alex to help them produce content and take the pressure off a bit. Maybe they'll keep him there permanently, maybe they'll hire someone new in the end. Either way, I feel for those guys right now, I feel like everyone was at capacity anyway and now they must all be terribly overworked.

Definitely not permanent, he has his own place and a lady on the other side of America.

#45 Posted by Belegorm (677 posts) -

Maybe they've got a big backlog of shitty games they need him to review for them?

#46 Posted by Pop (2651 posts) -

Can't wait to listen to that premium wrestling podcast they recorded, I'm hype brother.

#47 Edited by Levius (1231 posts) -

I wildly speculate that their beginning the process of hiring a new guy to bolster the staff, and Alex has come over to help draw up shortlists of guys they want or something like that.

#48 Posted by Vuud (2035 posts) -

Whatever it is, it's related to wrestling.

#49 Posted by Lucifunk (16 posts) -

Karate tournament.

#50 Posted by Levio (1786 posts) -

Maybe Alex was secretly there the whole time? Egg in your face, you wasted a thread.