Why is there no Boba Fett game?

sdharrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sdharrison

I feel like any legit AAA game with Boba Fett as the lead would sell more copies than the Bible.  Why has this not happened?

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By landon
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Red

Prey 2 basically seems to be a Boba Fett game for ya. 

But then again, I'm guessing Prey 2 is why you thought of this.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#4  Edited By galiant

@Landon said:

Star Wars Bounty Hunter Because it wasn't very good.

Except that it is Jango Fett. He was asking for Boba!

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Hizang
@Landon said:
Star Wars Bounty Hunter  Because it wasn't very good.

I quite enjoyed that game, I never finished it but it was a decent Star Wars game.
Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Yanngc33

There is, and it sucked

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By JP_Russell

Because he's had his ass kicked like three times now between RotJ, Dark Forces, and Jedi Academy.  He's probably too depressed to star in his own game at this point.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I don't get Boba Fett love.  The guy just stands around in Empire Strikes Back and then flies away with Han's frozen body. He plays no part in the capture of Han Solo he is literally a delivery boy in cool space armor.  In Return of the Jedi in Boba's crowning moment he is easily defeated by a blind Han Solo's comical bumblings.  The guy is a complete joke with a cool action figure.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@bartok said:

I don't get Boba Fett love. The guy just stands around in Empire Strikes Back and then flies away with Han's frozen body. He plays no part in the capture of Han Solo he is literally a delivery boy in cool space armor. In Return of the Jedi in Boba's crowning moment he is easily defeated by a blind Han Solo's comical bumblings. The guy is a complete joke with a cool action figure.

He has a lot more of a role in the expanded universe, that's why people like him. Some of those stories are really well done.

To the OP's point, the reason there won't ever be one is that Boba Fett isn't a bounty hunter during the prequels, which is the only SW time period aside from the Old Republic era allowed to have games made about it.

scuttlebu345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By scuttlebu345

I really doubt they will ever go back to making a boba fett game. They have milked the star wars franchise way to much with video games and Prey 2 is going to be so much more amazing with a completely new world and new everything. It can be so much better then any boba fett game

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scuttlebu345 said:

I really doubt they will ever go back to making a boba fett game. They have milked the star wars franchise way to much with video games and Prey 2 is going to be so much more amazing with a completely new world and new everything. It can be so much better then any boba fett game

Could not disagree more. If they gave the project to a team that really cared, it could be really good. But it would be slightly less good when they have to follow the established prequel canon for the character, but it would still be good.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@JP_Russell said:

Because he's had his ass kicked like three times now between RotJ, Dark Forces, and Jedi Academy. He's probably too depressed to star in his own game at this point.

Don't forget the Clone Wars series. Though I actually think that added a lot to his backstory and made him a much more interesting character. It at least didn't have him taken out in a stupid way, or try too hard to make him cool like the EU repeatedly does.

Tanikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Tanikaze

As far as I know the EU and Clone Wars stuff focusing on Boba Fett was at least in part because of his (yes, baffling) pre-existing fanbase. Dude does nothing and then dies like a bitch. The only thing he does right is have a cool outfit.

To be honest it seems like since Jedi Outcast people have had a really, really hard time coming up with a better-than-mediocre Star Wars game, Lego Star Wars not withstanding. Maybe it's time to just forget the AAA titles and license it to indie developers who can make sequels to Rebellion and Yoda Stories(the best games, obviously) for the rest of the series' relevance. I'd play them anyway

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By iam3green

there was one. i heard it wasn't that great. i don't know if anyone cares about star wars anymore. it's still a great movie though.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By hatking

You could play as him in Battlefront 2.  That was pretty good, and I think it did sell quite a bit.  Hopefully a big surprise comes through and the guys who were working on Battlefront 3 (Free Radical) are working on it once again at Crytek UK.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

@President_Barackbar said:

@bartok said:

I don't get Boba Fett love. The guy just stands around in Empire Strikes Back and then flies away with Han's frozen body. He plays no part in the capture of Han Solo he is literally a delivery boy in cool space armor. In Return of the Jedi in Boba's crowning moment he is easily defeated by a blind Han Solo's comical bumblings. The guy is a complete joke with a cool action figure.

He has a lot more of a role in the expanded universe, that's why people like him. Some of those stories are really well done.

To the OP's point, the reason there won't ever be one is that Boba Fett isn't a bounty hunter during the prequels, which is the only SW time period aside from the Old Republic era allowed to have games made about it.

What if they made Lego Star Wars: Boba Fett.
sdharrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sdharrison

I think the point about issues relating to time periods approved for game development rings true.   

And yes, I know of Bounty Hunter.  I played the hell out of that game and thought it was actually really well done for the time.

The comment about the expanded universe on Boba Fett was really what I was getting at.  For any of us that got into that stuff as kids, he was a really cool roguish character.  And his popularity might be inexplicable for some, but it's certainly real.  Star Wars Galaxies had people sacrificing months of their lives to assemble mandalorian armor and build slaves ones.  It WOULD sell huge

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By MysteriousBob

They should make a Boba Fett game covering everything he did in the movies. A truly faithful game! 

You have to carry frozen Han and then the game concludes when you're knocked into a pit by a stumbling blind guy.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By Brendan

Do you know why people don't care if there's no Boba Fett game?

Kyle Katarn. That's why.

We will wait.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By Kyreo
Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By Gabriel

How's he gonna get out of the Sarlac Pit?

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By Red
@Gabriel said:

How's he gonna get out of the Sarlac Pit?

That's what the whole game is about, silly.