• 66 results
Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Barrock

Because people will pay the price to play Halo and Modern Warfare 2 online. If all it did was play those two games people would probably pay it.

Magresda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Magresda

Over here in Norway, XBL is twice that amount. And it's still worth it. $50 a year isn't a lot of money. 

Of course, you can argue that playing online should be free since you already bought the game and console. Though you'd have to build a time machine and go back to '05 for people to actually care. 

CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By CharleyTony
@ZombieHunter said:
" @Fallen189 said:
" Because idiots pay it. "
Dude really ???   kind of seems like a pretty stupid thing to say  "

This was clearly a case where @FALLEN189 wanted to use the term "people who have a different opinion about this" but being on the INTERNET (!) makes his a really cool tough guy... 

One little difference about XBL compared to PS3, which almost no one mentioned: the unified infrastructure that allows game developers not to worry about how the game matches players up and sets up parties and lobbies & in-game messaging / invites. When you look at what games like Burnout Paradise and Call of Duty had to build in order to fix that on the PS3 and how some games on PS3 don't take the time to build such systems and you get an online experience that is not all that it could be. 

Of course that might not affect some huge budget games but that is not the only knid that you want to play on your console. A small studio might not be able to devote a team just to do that...
rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By rmills87

I am not really sure but I know that they offer a more robust and quality experience than the PSN.  But then again, I love PSN as well - so yeah I'm not sure why.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By stonyman65

Microsoft is evil.
Haven't you figured that out yet?

GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By GeekDown

I buy a 3 month pass whenever I buy a game with good multiplayer, like MW2. I would never pay 50 bucks for a whole year, but renewing it sometimes is not a problem for me. It's worth the money because Xbox Live is really good.

Rebirth1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By Rebirth1337
@Coombs said:

" I'll make these points again,

1. I'm not a cheap bastard, So $5 a month is not the outrageous price your making it out to be
  2. Your argument is along the same lines as someone saying  " Well I paid $200 for my phone, Why the fuck should I have to keep paying every month to use it????   I bought it already the service should be free!!!!! "
"
  1. I agree $5 is nothing. But other places do it free and some do it better free [PC]
  2. This would be a great comparison if there were a phone company that had a free service. Then you would be asking yourself why am I paying this when I get that free.
  3. Microsoft OVER charges for everything. There is no way in hell that they are going to make LiVE free.
And to you OP. Xbox LiVE is not really worth it IMO. The only thing that makes it worth it for me is because all my friends play on the xbox.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By crunchUK

You pay for the awesome. I can turn on my xbox, see who's online, put in halo if  i've got friends to play with. See who my friends are playing with, what my friends are playing, how much time is left until they're done, and what the score is. And i can decide to bother waiting for them or not, or whether i want to join at all if they're playing with unpleasant tryhards, or a gametypes i don't like. I can send my friend a chat invite, he can accept it with a push of the button, we can have a chat, disucss what gametypes we feel like playing, have a look to see who else we can invite to the party, see who the people we're looking to invite are playing with and how long they've got to finish, and put together a party of 8 to go play social big team without a hitch and in seconds. 

That is why you pay for xbox live. /thread

Blubba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#59  Edited By Blubba

I personally find Party Chat really useful. My friends and I use it as soon as we sign in. 

Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because £40 isn't that much really for all the weeks/ months of entertainment I get out of it.
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By MikkaQ

Well it's cheap, you can play online, and you get party chat. That's worth about 50-60 bucks a year for me.  

I don't quite like the PSN, nothing is unified, other than the friends lists, servers may go down at publisher's whims, and the actual playing bit is pretty shoddy I find. I traded my PS3 copy of MWII for the 360 copy, because I was waiting 5-10 minutes between each match. 

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Coombs
@Rebirth1337 said:
" @Coombs said:

" I'll make these points again,

1. I'm not a cheap bastard, So $5 a month is not the outrageous price your making it out to be
  2. Your argument is along the same lines as someone saying  " Well I paid $200 for my phone, Why the fuck should I have to keep paying every month to use it????   I bought it already the service should be free!!!!! "
"
  1. I agree $5 is nothing. But other places do it free and some do it better free [PC]
  2. This would be a great comparison if there were a phone company that had a free service. Then you would be asking yourself why am I paying this when I get that free.
  3. Microsoft OVER charges for everything. There is no way in hell that they are going to make LiVE free.
And to you OP. Xbox LiVE is not really worth it IMO. The only thing that makes it worth it for me is because all my friends play on the xbox. "
Ok then, Thats your opinion.
And your allowed to be pissy about paying $5 a month if you want to....

But, Now it's going to cost your $10 a month
But, Now it's going to cost your $10 a month
Rebirth1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Rebirth1337
@Coombs:  No need to cry over me stating my opinion. I'm sure you're just some Microsoft fanboy willing to buy anything they throw into the store.

Avatar image for computerplayer1
Computerplayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#64  Edited By Computerplayer1

I'd be more worried about how it will inevitably become more expensive.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ravensword
@vgmkyle said:
"Let's break down some of those Xbox Live benefits: 

• Deal of the Week (or, day? I forget)
  • Private Chat (even though this can be used on a silver account)
  • Demos (something that doesn't cost a penny on PSN)
  • Party Chat (is this free on silver?)
  • Netflix (never use)
  • Social Networking (never use)
  • Playing games online (this has always been ridiculous to me, especially when Uncharted 2, Rock Band 2,  Metal Gear Online, Street Fighter IV, Resident Evil 5 and LittleBigPlanet are free of charge to play on my PS3)
 I'm not flat out saying Xbox Live is not worth the money. I just want to know how it is worth the price of admission. Why should I let Microsoft constrict me like a hungry snake? Why would anybody be charging crazy prices in this bad time? With Live and all this add-on content -- I feel overwhelmed by DLC on just ONE platform alone. I don't want to hear about how the quality and variety of Xbox Live totally dominates PSN because nobody uses 80% of what Xbox Live offers. It just seems like all those different features are there to negate people complaining about the cost of Xbox Live. "

@vgmkyle:   

PSN has all of thsoe Except Party and Cross game chat, and Social Networking which is just dumb on a console.
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Coombs

Well I do look like a cryer....

Sorry, i don't share your view that $5 for a month of online gaming is ridiculous,
I don't mind paying for my entertainment.
Avatar image for xlibertyxprimex
xLIBERTYxPRIMEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By xLIBERTYxPRIMEx

Don't like it don't buy it. It's $50 A YEAR. If you bitch about that how do you ever bring yourself to buy games at $60?