RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By RetroMetal
@borodin: 

I'm not saying either one is better than the other.  I'm saying anyone that argues that Sony's offering isn't SOMETHING of value is wrong, as looking at the two services side-by-side Sony already gives you more "value" in free online play.  XBox Live Silver doesn't really get you anything other than the ABILITY to download content from XBox Live.  To me, there is nothing of value there.
borodin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By borodin
@RetroMetal:  Sorry I guess I'm still not seeing what you're saying. Is it that you think the idea that "Playstation+ doesn't bring any value" is wrong, because a regular Playstation account already gives you free online play? That's what I thought you were saying last time but as I tried to point out, it doesn't make much sense to transfer the value you get from the free service, to the paid service. Nobody is saying Xbox live silver is better than a free Playstation account but the things you get from a free Playstation account can't be used as reasons to pay for something over and above that. Or am I still not getting you? 
RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By RetroMetal

I guess my point is, it's impossible to compare the two services on merit of "VALUE" as they are not equal in what is free and what you get for a dollar, in the first place.

borodin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By borodin

Oh ok, gotcha. I can see that if you look at both services overall (Xbox silver and gold vs. Psn regular and +) but I think you have to be able to, just from the point of view of a consumer,  look at both paid options and be able to judge which is the better spent $50. I mean personally I have a gold subscription because I want to do the things it let's me do and I think it's worth the money, but I don't have a PS+ account for exactly the opposite reasons, I'm not particularly interested in what that $50 would get me. Doesn't that decision have to be about the relative values of each of those services to me?

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#105  Edited By one_2nd

I beg to differ. 

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Marcsman

I have a Plus account. So far it is good, but most of the free games I already owned. And the Mini's are not that much fun. 
XBL has a really cool design and that's about all I know.

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By RetroMetal

I would just like to add, I've been an XBox Live subscriber since the year it launched (7 years ago? Something like that...) and I think I will always be a subscriber.  I paid for a 3-month Playstation+ subscription and I honestly haven't seen a compelling reason to resubscribe or to up it to a 1-year subscription.

EDIT:  But I should probably also say, I do LIKE Playstation+, I suppose.  I just don't love it yet.

KuribosShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#108  Edited By KuribosShoe

I hate to bring back my own thing, but considering Microsoft just raised the price of Live, I think this is worth a second look. 

What am I paying for, exactly?  And what caused this increase?  Is it Kinect?  Is it sweating the competition with Playstation Plus?  (probably not) 

Are they going to take the ads down from XBL now?   I'm not happy about being forced to pay money to un-hamstring my games for multiplayer to begin with, and now they're increasing the price without adding any new benefits, so, what's the deal?

XxBarretxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By XxBarretxX
@Belonpopo: other then it's obvious your a fanboy; that is clearly not even close to a wall of text.
YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#110  Edited By YoThatLimp

With xbox live I can play multiplayer online. I don't have to pay for that on the ps3, cost of XBL justified.boom. 

Close this thread.

dipstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By dipstick
@KuribosShoe: People will keep paying for it. I'm surprised this didn't happen earlier  to be honest.