#1 Posted by imazombienazi (22 posts) -

its like everybody(?) wants the new psp to have another thumbstick, why the hell does the new psp only has one? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 Posted by The_A_Drain (3910 posts) -

As has already been discussed in one of the multitude of other threads, it would cause compatability issues with previous games and confusion among mainstream consumers which would result in a negative backlash on the product itself.

#3 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

I think there'd be no negative backlash and it would actually get people interested in PSP Go as it doesn't seem to offer anything whatsoever at the moment, so it's baffling to who Sony will try to sell it but I guess we'll find out more @ E3. Anyway, games would simply be made with two control schemes, just like PlayStation titles before them as most all of those (except for Ape Escape and such titles) were compatible with the first PlayStation controller that lacked both analog sticks (and yet most played better than PSP equivalent titles somehow, it's like developers forgot how to design controls) unlike the later developer Dual Shock. But yeah, this has been discussed before. No 2nd stick, deal with it :P

#4 Posted by Demo (263 posts) -

Basically, it's because it's not a PSP 2.

#5 Posted by Drebin_893 (2916 posts) -

Why can't you write coherently? There truly is a multitude of question, anyone with half a brain cell can work out why it doesn't have two thumb-sticks, as the posters above have shown. Most of them, anyway.

#6 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
Demo said:
Basically, it's because it's not a PSP 2.
Exactly. It would split the user-base far, far, far too much. Which is clearly not what the Go is intended to do.
#7 Posted by Kazu666 (146 posts) -

I'm actually glad it only has one, if it did have two it would just get spammed with FPS games, and i'd prefer to play them on a console. At least with one we get some quality games (though just not that often >.<)

#8 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -
Drebin_893 said:
Why can't you write coherently? There truly is a multitude of question, anyone with half a brain cell can work ... [more]
Why the hell does he dosen't do good English?

Sorry if English is your second language, but my eyes began to bleed when I read that.

On the point, agreement with the others.  
#9 Posted by Kung_Fu_Viking (708 posts) -

This seems to be pretty much  an aesthetic change for the PSP with some extra stuff to help future proof it a little more I guess (Expandable memory, purely digital distribution). This isn't a "new generation" of handheld console in the traditional sense of completley new hardware and software lineups etc. hence why you're not seeing a complete overall of it's controls or functionality.

#10 Posted by PenguinDust (12522 posts) -

As much as I would have liked to see a 2nd nub, and as much as I am certain it would have made the system of must-buy for me, I'm coming to terms with it not happening anytime soon.  Through proper medication and counseling, I've come to accept that the PSP/PSP-GO for this generation and possibily the next if they implement backward compatibility will not have a second analog stick.  And, I am okay with that.  Tomorrow the sun will rise, the Earth will turn and the PSP will continue to be a 1 nub console.  Time to either get on board or wait a few years for whatever may follow.   I haven't made up my mind on what I plan to do, but I am at peace with a single analog PSP universe.  It just means that the only games I'd consider playing on the system are turn based RPGs, which is what I mostly play on the DS anyway.

#11 Posted by c_rakestraw (853 posts) -

Firstly, it isn't the PSPs successor. A feature like that seems like something that would be included in its successor rather than a simple hardware revision.

Secondly, there would be compatility issues with games made before the second analog nub was added. Which I imagine would really imit the amount of games you could play. And that alone is a good enough reason not to include a second analog nub in the PSP Go.
#12 Posted by jkz (4028 posts) -

I really do hope there is a successor to the psp with dual analog nubs, but as has been said this isn't a true successor, and as such is forced to operate within the boundaries of games previously available on the system.

Hand-Held gaming is yet to catch up to the current generation, and while the DS has made some good strides, it will take some time before hand-helds catch up the the advanced gameplay mechanics of their home-console bretheran. This is speaking gameplay wise, not graphically.
#13 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
its not that simple man. you had to install a shit load of information to make sure it was compatible with every title that came out before it. 
#14 Posted by CoolDrMoney (1978 posts) -

Why doesn't the DSi have any thumb stick? These new handhelds are not successors to the originals. Nintendo and Sony understand that they can still go a lot longer with the technology they already have.

#15 Posted by freakin (404 posts) -

Lets be real, the Sony Go is a complete desperation move, removing the UMD slot almost makes it a PSP2, in that it alienates anyone who has been buying games for the system so far.  In their mind the reason games aren't selling is because of piracy, the reality is noone wants gimped control ports of console games like Sony banked on.  They should be making the successor now, instead they are testing the waters on a only download service.   

#16 Edited by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -
freakin said:
Lets be real, the Sony Go is a complete desperation move, removing the UMD slot almost makes it a PSP2, ... [more]
I think you'll find they've been rolling with the download service for a lonnnnnnnnng time

#17 Posted by Mikemcn (6988 posts) -

The Sony Go isnt gonna do well i have a feeling, its not very innovative and doesnt build on what they have already done to the Sony PSP line. they could simply add a better UMD drive (Maybe one that slot loads) but they don't, Instead they totally remove it and cut off the Go! community from a whole series of games. So there is no surprise they dont add something like dual thumbsticks that would actually be an innovation.

#18 Posted by mugugipan (376 posts) -

because 3 generations of playstation owners are not really used to dual analog fps games!!!
thats the real truth.

#19 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -
mugugipan said:
because 3 generations of playstation owners are not really used to dual analog fps games!!!thats the real truth. [more]
Of course- not like we've been playing doom and quake - y'know, some of the original fps - on the PS1 or anything
#20 Posted by freakin (404 posts) -
OmegaPirate said:
freakin said: Lets be real, the Sony Go is a complete desperation move, removing the UMD slot almost makes it ... [more]

Is that supposed to be relevant?  I said -only- download service.   There's a difference between having the occasional game and every game only available through download.
#21 Posted by Agnogenic_delete (1034 posts) -

I just wish I had an idea of the price. Will it be cheaper? If it is I might consider getting one.