#1 Posted by Naturaleader (10 posts) -

Why do we play video games?  I play them because I don't want to face reality.  I enjoy playing them but couldn't I be doing something else with my time?  Would our lives be less stressful or more stressful if we stopped playing games all together.  How many times have you obsessed over a game?  I guess the question is simple.  Would you give up video games if it meant you would have a happier and more successful personal life?

#2 Posted by JJOR64 (19023 posts) -

I play them because they are my form of entertainment.  If I didn't have video games, I would be bored out of my fucking mind.

#3 Posted by Seedofpower (3940 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" I play them because they are my form of entertainment.  If I didn't have video games, I would be bored out of my fucking mind. "
Basically.

Makes the time fly between the moments of work, friends and having sex.
#4 Posted by Suicidal_SNiper (949 posts) -

I play video games because reality is one tough mother fucker to face.

#5 Posted by Naturaleader (10 posts) -
@Seedofpower:
Thats very true they do make time fly.  I think the most time lapse I have experienced is 8-10 hours playing WoW.
#6 Posted by YoThatLimp (1926 posts) -
@Seedofpower said:
" @JJOR64 said:
" I play them because they are my form of entertainment.  If I didn't have video games, I would be bored out of my fucking mind. "
Basically.  Makes the time fly between the moments of work, friends and having sex. "
this.
#7 Posted by Manatassi (791 posts) -

Dude I do it for the Sex. 

Its all about the sweet sweet lovin. 

Oh and the money. 

And the POWERRRR  WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! 

MMMM  Chocolate....      Wait, what was the question again?

#8 Posted by Butchio (333 posts) -

I do it because its my favourite past time.

#9 Edited by Hamst3r (4523 posts) -

I play video games because they are

Enjoyable
Immersive
Challenging
Rewarding
Fun
Exciting
Interesting
Educational
Hilarious

^All of that. I'm not avoiding anything, they're just awesome.

I'd rather play a video game than watch a movie.

#10 Posted by raegunz_ (207 posts) -

escapism! when life gets too tough to handle, there's nothing like a few headshots to ease the nerves, heh.
they're fun... distracting... sometimes beautiful... i can really get into the aesthetics of certain games. and, yeah, i obsess over them sometimes, but that's all part of the experience. getting really frustrated at a certain point and then overcoming whatever it is that you're struggling with... awesome feeling!

they're just fucken great.

#11 Posted by Kohe321 (3529 posts) -

I play video games because they are god damn fun. Pretty simple. It's one of my favorite forms of entertainment.

#12 Posted by Cerza (1653 posts) -

I do it for the money. I do it for the time of my life. I do it for the rush... and the thrill... and the neon lights. Oh I... I play video games...

#13 Posted by Yummylee (22067 posts) -

Mostly for fun, but can still be there as a source of escape for the harsher realities of the world...but even then fun plays a part =P ''W000t its fun to be ignorant'
#14 Posted by warxsnake (2650 posts) -

I play them for entertainment and because it is my job. Also, gaming is far beyond and other form of media when it comes to value of entertainment, engagement, learning process, and online interaction with other people, being able to make friends with people sometimes from other countries just because they were in your Battlefield 2 squad, etc.

#15 Posted by little_Sparrow (12 posts) -

I play them for entertainment much like most of the gamers out there; I like a game with a good story and a fair bit of action. There is no other form of media that lets you rule world, face down an on coming horde with a few of your mates while gun fire rains down on you from everywhere and at the end of the day if you die you simply respawn. In all honesty it fun as hell sometimes to blow a limb off your friend, or that satisfying pop you get from a head shot from time to time. I play simple because its fun XD.