This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by BonOrbitz (2412 posts) -

I don't even know which forum to post this on (or if it'll get locked), but here goes...

During the discussion between Jeff and John, chatters were randomly flashing <> signs. I didn't get it and it really boggled me when everyone was doing it after the chat... What did that mean?

#2 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6651 posts) -

<>

#3 Posted by Hadoken101 (1198 posts) -

<>

#4 Posted by BonOrbitz (2412 posts) -

@LordXavierBritish said:

<>

Gah! What is that? An eye? A pair of lips kissing? A vagina? So confused...

#5 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2824 posts) -

There's 775 million reasons why but I'll just explain it with this:

<>

#6 Posted by KarlPilkington (2790 posts) -

Plumbob!

#7 Posted by Rincewind (317 posts) -

<>

#8 Posted by BBQBram (2408 posts) -

<>

No, seriously though, <>.

#9 Posted by Kanden (140 posts) -

<>

#10 Posted by GunslingerPanda (5030 posts) -

<>

#11 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5098 posts) -

You didn't see anything.

#12 Posted by PrintedCrayon (186 posts) -

<>

The new era of Giant Bomb begins.

#13 Posted by Grixxel (846 posts) -

Oh and don't forget <>

#14 Posted by Tennmuerti (8520 posts) -
@bonorbitz said:

I don't even know which forum to post this on (or if it'll get locked), but here goes...

During the discussion between Jeff and John, chatters were randomly flashing <> signs. I didn't get it and it really boggled me when everyone was doing it after the chat... What did that mean?

An E3 video podcast (cant remember the year 2010 i think?) you'd have to watch it to undestand it, too long to explain, try findin it on justin TV or twitch GB archive.
#15 Posted by Bucketdeth (8235 posts) -
#16 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4313 posts) -

<>

#17 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3383 posts) -
Online
#18 Posted by coaxmetal (1755 posts) -

because they like annoying people with tired old jokes because they are 15

#19 Posted by Mikemcn (7569 posts) -

<>

#20 Posted by Brewmaster_Andy (602 posts) -

The real answer:

Loading Video...
#21 Posted by ChristianCastillo (1186 posts) -

damn it, I missed it. Does anyone know where I can find the video?

#22 Posted by innacces14 (742 posts) -

<>

"We must go forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!"

#23 Posted by pyromagnestir (4391 posts) -

<>

#24 Posted by joshthebear (2704 posts) -
@PeasantAbuse

You didn't see anything.

#25 Posted by 71Ranchero (3242 posts) -

@Riboflavin said:

because they like annoying people with tired old jokes because they are 15

<>

#26 Posted by Andorski (5471 posts) -
Fuck The Sims.
#27 Posted by benpicko (2016 posts) -

I think maybe it's because <>?

#28 Posted by Theavy (93 posts) -

Always be <>

#29 Posted by TooWalrus (13344 posts) -

<>

#30 Posted by Claude (16632 posts) -
@Riboflavin said:

because they like annoying people with tired old jokes because they are 15

I'm 47 and what is this? <>
#31 Posted by Deusx (1940 posts) -

<>

#32 Posted by SpaceRunaway (911 posts) -

#33 Posted by B0nd07 (1747 posts) -

@Tennmuerti said:

@bonorbitz said:

I don't even know which forum to post this on (or if it'll get locked), but here goes...

During the discussion between Jeff and John, chatters were randomly flashing <> signs. I didn't get it and it really boggled me when everyone was doing it after the chat... What did that mean?

An E3 video podcast (cant remember the year 2010 i think?) you'd have to watch it to undestand it, too long to explain, try findin it on justin TV or twitch GB archive.

E3 2010: Day 3. It's actually in the Ustream archive.

<>

#34 Posted by BonOrbitz (2412 posts) -

I remember Vinny doing that during the E3 video but I didn't know what it was. Now that I get it, what made him do that during Leigh's rant?

#35 Posted by Gooddoggy (444 posts) -

<>

Online
#36 Posted by 71Ranchero (3242 posts) -

@Claude said:

@Riboflavin said:

because they like annoying people with tired old jokes because they are 15

I'm 47 and what is this? <>

I would say ask your parent but I dont think its applicable. So instead <>

#37 Posted by mm665 (428 posts) -

<>

#38 Posted by Claude (16632 posts) -
@Atramentous said:

@Claude said:

@Riboflavin said:

because they like annoying people with tired old jokes because they are 15

I'm 47 and what is this? <>

I would say ask your parent but I dont think its applicable. So instead <>

<>
#39 Posted by greennoodles (458 posts) -
#40 Posted by benson (316 posts) -

> <

wait something feels wrong

#41 Posted by CornBREDX (6773 posts) -

Its a giantbomb meme. Past that- has already been explained. 
And <>

#42 Posted by Evilsbane (5183 posts) -

@Claude said:

@Riboflavin said:

because they like annoying people with tired old jokes because they are 15

I'm 47 and what is this? <>

I'm 26 and what is this? <>

#43 Posted by SamFo (1642 posts) -

Try doing one on the gamespot comments. it filters it out...

#44 Posted by Claude (16632 posts) -
@Evilsbane said:

@Claude said:

@Riboflavin said:

because they like annoying people with tired old jokes because they are 15

I'm 47 and what is this? <>

I'm 26 and what is this? <>

I guess we need to grow up. Ha! <>
#45 Edited by Lokno (422 posts) -

Of course, that doesn't actually answer the question. The symbol is associated with ending because of what they did in the video but lastingly because people type it when live shows are ending.

So people typing that during the Gamespot thing were assholes.

#46 Posted by Redbullet685 (6241 posts) -

Because GiantBomb.

<>

#47 Edited by BonOrbitz (2412 posts) -

This whole time I was thinking that its supposed to represent the CBS logo because it's an eye. Like it's some ancient Gamespot protest from when they were bought by CBS or CNET or whatever back in the day... Some symbol that they're flashing again because Giant Bomb is in league with Gamespot. Yup. Time for bed.

Edit. And nobody told me why Vinny did that during Leigh Alexander's, um, commentary.

#48 Posted by Dany (8018 posts) -

<>

c'mon, son, get with it.

#49 Posted by Redbullet685 (6241 posts) -
Loading Video...

@ChristianCastillo said:

damn it, I missed it. Does anyone know where I can find the video?

You're welcome.

#50 Posted by kindnivore (2954 posts) -

@Brewmaster_Andy said:

The real answer:

Loading Video...

I don't get it still. Also, who is that loud and obnoxious hooker?