#1  Edited By optimusprime223
Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Bullet_Jr

Board games are most definitely nostalgia. It doesn't break my  heart to see people playing Wii as opposed to Monopoly though. I mean, board games are still being played everywhere all around the world. There are only a few privileged places where the Wii is actually getting any use.

The main point is that board games have the lasting power that videogames simply don't have. Board games don't get out-dated or phased out with a new generation. Chess is still one of the only games that has been around for hundreds of years, that is still being played.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Endogene
Bullet_Jr said:
"Board games are most definitely nostalgia. It doesn't break my  heart to see people playing Wii as opposed to Monopoly though. I mean, board games are still being played everywhere all around the world. There are only a few privileged places where the Wii is actually getting any use.

The main point is that board games have the lasting power that videogames simply don't have. Board games don't get out-dated or phased out with a new generation. Chess is still one of the only games that has been around for hundreds of years, that is still being played."
Well chess is not really a "board game" in the sens of that most board game are mostly if not entirely based upon luck.