WiiUTF?

badwhodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By badwhodo

Is Nintendo digging a grave or what?  I love them, I really do, but what in the world is going through their heads to make them think that they can pull off another console based on a controller?  Is the WiiU(pchuck) nintendos swan song? 

random blog. not meant for controversy.

badwhodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By badwhodo

Is Nintendo digging a grave or what?  I love them, I really do, but what in the world is going through their heads to make them think that they can pull off another console based on a controller?  Is the WiiU(pchuck) nintendos swan song? 

random blog. not meant for controversy.

Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Kjellm87

Nah, the new controller looks promising, best of two worlds if you know what I mean. Might not sell as much as Wii, but we shouldn't really expect that, that thing sold like crazy.

badwhodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By badwhodo

it did. I own one.  crazy gimmick machine!  anyway... I should have elaborated more. How far will the gimmick of the WiiU go since the console can only support one tablet?  

Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kjellm87

@badwhodo said:

it did. I own one. crazy gimmick machine! anyway... I should have elaborated more. How far will the gimmick of the WiiU go since the console can only support one tablet?

Reggie and Iwata said 2, while Miyamoto said one. Soooo I dunno lol. It is best to wait and see on that one.

I should also mention that Iwata just said that the Wii-U was indeed revealed early thanks to leaks, of course he might be lying, but it does makes sense.

BTW: I don't think motion was a bad addition to gaming, but there is room for improvement. On the Wii, Nintendo used it well for their games.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By monkeyking1969

If Nintendo were merely in a battle with Sony and Microsoft, they would be okay. However, Nintendo is in a multi-front battle with Apple, Google, Sony, Microsoft, and most third party developers & publishers too.

It is funny to see my niece and nephew go from asking for a DS when they were 5-7 years old, to now wanting an iTouch at age nine ...nothing else will do. If they sit down to make a birthday or holiday wish list they do not even put a Nintendo device on the list --- not even at the bottom! That is a total loss of mindshare among a key demographic that is happening mid-stream. The next generation of Nintendo fans they thought they were making with DSi and Wii about 18 months ago is be ripped out of their hands, it is like a huge machine in the form of smartphone/tablets is sweeping up these kids. Even if most kids do not own a smartphone or tablet, yet they want one...that desire is like a mist covering up any efforts Nintendo might make to entice them.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Video_Game_King

Huh? The hell is up with your title? Couldn't you come up with something a little less clumsy? You know, maybe something with a stronger premise?

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By time allen

they're pushing a normal-ish controller while sony and microsoft are still trying to prove that ridiculous motion controls are the future. nintendo has my vote.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#8  Edited By wefwefasdf

You are really good at playing those words. :/

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By iDarktread

I think it looks fine. I'm excited to purchase it whenever it comes out.

Dookysharpgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#10  Edited By Dookysharpgun

It all depends on if they support the console or not. I own a Wii, and haven't played it in about a year. I'd like to see some new IPs coming from Nintendo, but unfortunately, they just seem to use gimmicks to draw people in. Plenty of people were pissed to discover that Last Story, Xenoblade and Pandora's tower weren't being released outside of Japan, but they forget that we were the cause of that event, we gave Nintendo far too much confidence, and now they're on an ego trip. That's why I won't be getting a WiiU, because eventually, it'll dry up, the gimmick factor will fade, and everyone will moan: "Why aren't Nintendo supporting us?" To which people who didn't buy the console will reply: "Because they don't give a shit about gamers, they only care about hype-backed gimmicks, and making shitpiles of money, Bobby Kotick style".

The Wii controller actually had to get the Motion+ attachment because it didn't do what was promised...I can't see Nintendo making this tablet controller without at least 3 issues involving hardware, battery life, and the many bells and whistles giving out under stress. 

I wouldn't say we'll see a massive drop in sales for the WiiU, but given the overall lackluster reception this console has been given, I can see that this could be the start of a downward spiral, where the more 'hardcore' gamers simply slip away, and the 'casual' gamers get bored. It's a pity, because I was a huge Nintendo fan as a kid, but they aren't catering to multiple demographics, and by the time they do, it'll be far too late to save them.

MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By MisterMouse

yeah it seems like a crazy misstep on their part, while everyone is excited for it I am just like uhh... I don't see how this can be good for them.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No matter how bad it turns out, it will turn out better than the title of this thread.

Joking aside, it will probably do fine.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By Dalai

Well the last traditional console they made was the Gamecube and that turned out so great for them, right?

Nintendo (and Sony and Microsoft for that matter) can't just rely on making traditional consoles anymore. Consumers are always looking for something different and innovative so Nintendo is trying to do that.

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dalai: I love my gamecube (: 
But I'm not their audience so I DONT COUNT!