#1 Edited by jasondesante (604 posts) -

I know they have tested...but it isn't theirs anymore, its Adam & Jamie Tested now! Its just weird, but yea, what I wanted to say was it always felt like they were part of Giantbomb, or that Tested was a part of Giantbomb (because yea whiskey media).

The cross collaboration stuff where it was a giant group of people is no longer there. No more random Will, Norm and Gary on livestreams, podcasts, and videos anymore. No more Jeff building a pc with Will and Norm taking calls from the people on the livestream. But the same subscription fee :(

Please re-hire Will and Norm! Take them back! Bring Giantbomb back to its prior awesomeness!

#2 Posted by Just_an_other_muffin (90 posts) -

I don't think will and norm do enough that deals with video games for them to be a true part f giant bomb. They enjoy reviewing and showing off computers and phones and the ocasional Lego set but they have never been huge with games. As much as I enjoyed them back in the whiskey days they just don't have a good enough reason to leave the website they built up to come to giant bomb.

#3 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -

lol?

#4 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

Not for nothing Tested is better then ever and they are doing awesome stuff over there. That site is very much "theirs".

#5 Posted by doobie (605 posts) -

im sure working with adam savage is way more interesting than working with the giantbomb guys.

#6 Posted by JasonR86 (9710 posts) -

Tested was never their's. It always belonged to someone else. That's why it was able to be sold.

#7 Posted by StarvingGamer (8250 posts) -

Well, considering that the subscription fee (which you apparently don't pay) is only for subscriber videos, and the random Will, Norm and Gary only really happened during QL's and podcasts and TNT's which are free to everyone, I'm not really sure I understand your complaint.

But Will & Norm are never coming back. Why would they give up the amazing access and cred being under the Adam & Jamie umbrella has granted them to tool around with some dudes who play video games? Don't get me wrong, I miss the interactions with the GB crew too, but I'm happy for them.

#8 Edited by Hadoken101 (784 posts) -

Have you been to the site? It's definitely still Norm and Will's. The Jaime and Adam thing is mostly branding to get more people into the site. Not to mention the fact that they still interact with the Giantbomb crew, just not as regularly.

#9 Posted by Andorski (5310 posts) -

I don't think Will and Norm like the concept of "being part of Giant Bomb." They probably/obviously want to be known for their own work, which has been great since they have teamed up with Adam (and somewhat Jamie). The Still Untitiled Adam Savage Project is always a delight to listen to.

#10 Posted by aquamarin (555 posts) -

Those two are dead to me.

#11 Edited by Dimsey (954 posts) -

Jamie and Adam might have their mugs plastered on the front page but Tested is as much a Will & Norm operation as it's ever been, near as I've been able to tell.

They seem pretty happy with the arrangement and in my occasional jaunt onto that website the content seems as good as it ever was, with the added bonus of getting a peek at some of the cool stuff Adam gets up to.

That aside even if Will & Norm don't appear on Giant Bomb often Brad at least has been over there a couple of times for the podcast, so it's not like the cross overs have stopped happening entirely.

#12 Posted by thedj93 (1237 posts) -

the recent oktobercast on tested had vinny show up and i think jeff too...

#13 Posted by TehBuLL (612 posts) -

uh...what? Have you been to the site lately? It is doing just fine, still entertaining. Also if you watched the Oktoberkast stuff, whole lot of GBomb people on there. Like, all of them. Except Snide, cause he was busy. I think Adam becoming more interested in their new office and them getting settled in is a great thing.

#14 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2305 posts) -

I miss the entire Whiskey Media family as a whole for all the craziness that could happen across the sites, but Tested is doing fine and the site is still definitely Will and Norm's.

#15 Posted by Hadoken101 (784 posts) -

@thedj93: They had pretty much everyone from GB on the Oktobercast: Ryan, Vinny, Brad, Jeff, Patrick and even Drew and Alexis were on.

#16 Posted by Mister_V (1296 posts) -

Tested was never part of Giantbomb. It was part of Whisky media. Yeah it sucks that there isn't as much cross over as there used to be but I do like wht tested is doing now. The stuff with Adam is great and the slow motion Liquid nitrogen videos they did the other day is some of there best stuff. Also what would they do if there worked for GB? Yes they know games but they are really tech guys, Would you have them reviewing gaming accessories all day? Let face it. Whisky media was Awsome while it lasted but its gone and GB and Tested are their own things now. Lets just be glad that both sites are still going and have not ended up like Screened.

#17 Posted by gaminghooligan (1447 posts) -

Will was just on the bombcast a few months ago. The new Tested is actually really awesome and I figure most of their time is spent working on it.

#18 Posted by alternate (2707 posts) -

Welcome to 6 months ago.

#19 Posted by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -

I like what Tested is doing. They're doing much more interesting stuff now than before. Still Untitled with Adam Savage is really cool, same with the props stuff he's created. The ice cream with liquid nitrogen was so cool.

#20 Posted by Nev (548 posts) -

I dig what they do now just as much as before.

#21 Posted by TooWalrus (13203 posts) -

Tested is better now than it's ever been. 

#22 Posted by KaneRobot (1615 posts) -

I think Time Rock brought this thread forward from April 2012.

#23 Posted by Fattony12000 (7424 posts) -

They do a free 2 hour live video podcast every week, with Will and Norm and usually Gary. They get Giant Bomb dudes on there now and again. I called up and spoke to Will during OCTOBERKAST! 2012. They take audio questions nearly every week on the podcast. Will does a home-based video livestream (with no bloody jars, seriously who drinks out of a jar?) And are just generally awesome. And they write more and better articles on this thing that they have called a website.

So, I don't know what you're talking about.

Don't get me wrong, Whiskey Media rocked out fucking hard, make no mistake. But they've done good by themselves.

#24 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@alternate said:

Welcome to 6 months ago.

#25 Posted by wafflez (528 posts) -

@thedj93 said:

most of the giant bomb guys were on it at some point

At first I was worried the buyout/whatever you wanna call it was basically a pink slip for Will and Norm. But after all these months, it seems tested is still pretty much tested, except they're not limited to cell phones and apps. As someone who likes those two, I'm really happy to see them doing more. And It's very refreshing to see that Adam Salvage is just as awesome outside of Mythbusters.

#26 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

NO

#27 Edited by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@jasondesante: What the fuck is this all about? Will and Norm (And Joey and Gary) are doing fantastic work there, they have done a great deal of interesting stuff and the quality of there videos have increased by a whole margin.

Get down from your high horse, Tested is still Tested and is better now than it has ever been!

#28 Posted by StarvingGamer (8250 posts) -

@Fattony12000: Man, I really need to get around to Tested more often.

Also I totally heard you on Octoberkast!

#29 Posted by Zaccheus (1794 posts) -

I think Tested is a way better website now. Them branding off from consumer electronics to all kinds of science and tech make the site much more interesting. I'm really happy about that. Screened on the other hand... :<

#30 Posted by Fattony12000 (7424 posts) -

@StarvingGamer: Yay!

I knew they wouldn't be able to think about my question in their state, but I gave it a shot anyway! I went and sent it in as an audio question for last week's podcast, haven't got far enough into it to see if they picked it out or not!

Always be questioning.

#31 Posted by johncallahan (566 posts) -

Yeah. I was a little weary when they first launched the new site, but now Tested seems better then ever. Will, Norm, and Joey still do awesome crazy stuff. This is Only a Test is still one of my favorite podcasts. And the podcast they do with Adam is really awesome. Plus Will and Norm still show up time to time. They've lost nothing and gotten even better. Now Matt Rorie on the other hand. That duder needs a place to work.

#32 Posted by csl316 (8692 posts) -

They're having a damn good time over there, and as much as I miss the Whiskey basement it's been awesome for them. But it was great having them and Rorie in random mailbag videos and everything.

I find it funny that they label Adam as a "guest" on podcasts when his name's on the site, but at least the uproar of W&M; not having their Twitter accounts linked on the main page has passed.

#33 Posted by Kerned (1170 posts) -

I was bummed out and first when Tested and GB were split up, and I found the new "Jamie and Adam" branding off-putting. But man was I wrong. As everyone but you seem to have realized, Tested is doing fantastic stuff now -- even more than before. I'm really pumped for Will and Norm, I imagine they are having a blast.

#34 Posted by HistoryInRust (6317 posts) -

This is a joke, right?

Tested is an awesome website, and it is 100% because of the work Will and Norm and Joey have done. And Gary. That guy's alright too.

#35 Posted by PokeIkzai (385 posts) -

Tested has came out great, actually. I'm very optimistic about its future and admittedly I was VERY scared of the changes back when this was all going down.

#36 Posted by Milkman (16802 posts) -

@thedj93 said:

And Ryan. And Patrick. And Drew. And Brad. And Alexis.

#37 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3404 posts) -

@Dimsey said:

Jamie and Adam might have their mugs plastered on the front page but Tested is as much a Will & Norm operation as it's ever been, near as I've been able to tell.

They seem pretty happy with the arrangement and in my occasional jaunt onto that website the content seems as good as it ever was, with the added bonus of getting a peek at some of the cool stuff Adam gets up to.

That aside even if Will & Norm don't appear on Giant Bomb often Brad at least has been over there a couple of times for the podcast, so it's not like the cross overs have stopped happening entirely.

They also mentioned that having the support of the Mythbuster guys allows them to cover stories they probably couldn't before.

#38 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

@thedj93 said:

and patrick, and drew, and alexis and ryan

#39 Posted by kristov_romanov (459 posts) -

Tested is by and far my favorite site around, and I was worried as heck when they were first purchased by BermanBraun. Now that some time has past it seems obvious, in my point of view at least, that they are going better than ever.

I do miss that there isn't as much cross over between Tested and Giant Bomb, but on the occasions that they do mix it up a bit are sweeter than ever. See:

Brad on This is Only a Test

All of the guys on Octoberkast

The last Lantern Run

Norm's take on CHINA DON'T CARE during the latest BLLSL

#40 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2129 posts) -

@thedj93 said:

and alexis, and drew, and ryan, and patrick.

Sorry dude. Saw 2 people say the exact same thing, saw a childish oppertunity and took it.

#41 Posted by Vexxan (4621 posts) -

Tested is better now than it's ever been and it's not long ago since all the bombers visited during Octoberkast...

#42 Posted by Kraznor (1578 posts) -

Let's be honest, 98% of what people like about Tested is due to Will and Gary. Norm just...isn't especially charismatic. Now with Adam Savage involved, he is overshadowed even more.

#43 Posted by Levio (1784 posts) -

I miss Whiskey Media, but if they weren't making money as WM, then something had to change. Cest la vie

#44 Posted by RazielCuts (2955 posts) -

I thought this was a necro'd thread at first but it seems not...