Will Durango be radically overpowered/underpowered compared to the PS4?

• 50 results
Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Will Durango be radically overpowered/underpowered compared to the PS4? (259 votes)

Overpowered: damn the cost, they're going to blow the PS4 out of the water! 1%
Underpowered: somewhere between the WiiU and PS4, in price and performance. 22%
More or less the same: we won't be able to tell without comparing stills, or it'll be too small to care about. 78%

So, with the PS4's announcement, we've got a pretty good idea about how this thing is going to look at launch. Sure, it's early, and there's plenty of time for optimizations, but I think it's obvious that it looks decidedly better than a PS3 and on par with a good PC.

That pushes the ball into Microsoft's court. Do you think Durango will perform similarly? I don't mean in terms of theoretical numbers, but it terms of what we see on screen. If MS is aiming for the same market (which we all are assuming), are they cackling with glee/shitting their pants? Will there be enough distinction to have three tiers of graphical quality, instead of the two we have with the PS3/360/Wii?

My bet is no, but what do you think?

• 
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 0

According to the system specs (which isn't confirmed yet) the next Xbox system is significantly weaker than the PS4. I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't, I think Xbox has good games and all so don't call me a fanboy for saying this, but I honestly think MS is going to have trouble with their next platform. They are going to have to REALLY pull out something amazing if they want to top the PS4.

Not an Xbox hater, I think all gamers are equal and it's just matter of preference (for whatever particular reasons). This is just how I honestly feel about it. I hear they have some new IP's in the works so that I'm hoping that's good because I got tired of Halo.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By butano

@flappy said:

I don't know, but as a 360 user with a Vita, it'll be really hard for Microsoft to win me over this time around.

I think this conference is what's convincing me to get a Vita in the near future should I decide to pick up a PS4. I'll probably still get whatever Microsoft has as it'll probably be heavily integrated with Windows 8/Windows Phone 8 functions.

But in the end, Valve's Steam wins.