#1 Posted by LuffyUzumaki (453 posts) -

Well more 360s have been sold since halo 3 was out so do u think there is a possiblity of outselling here.
MY Opinnion OF COURSE

#2 Edited by sdodd02 (722 posts) -

for sure a possibility, if it doesn't, it'll be pretty damn close.

#3 Posted by spiceninja (3064 posts) -

Nope. It won't.

#4 Posted by MOLE (321 posts) -

Its really hard to say because Gears of War only sold about 4.5 million units.  So i'm sure it will sell really good, but its too hard to tell.

#5 Posted by Ma7moud (805 posts) -

I don't think it will outsell it will be close to halo 3 sales though.

#6 Posted by Shadz (199 posts) -

Gears sold 4.7 million, correct me if I'm wrong on this.
Gears 2 will at least sell that much, probably more.

Halo 3 sold 8.7 million I believe, so most likely not.

Again these numbers may or may not be right, they're from memory.

#7 Posted by Schadenfreude (206 posts) -

I don't think it will, but I'm sure it could sell two million units in November.

#8 Posted by Pitta (185 posts) -

Yes.... Yes it will...

Halo blows goats, and Gears will be the new franchise people think of when they think Xbox come November...

Screw Halo...

#9 Posted by TheLoveAbove (28 posts) -
Pitta said:
"Yes.... Yes it will...

Halo blows goats, and Gears will be the new franchise people think of when they think Xbox come November...

Screw Halo..."
You must not be very good at Halo...

And I do not think it will outsell Halo 3. But it will probably come close.
#10 Posted by DarkLegend (1387 posts) -

No, not a chance I believe.

#11 Posted by Player1 (3890 posts) -

no halo 3 sold around 8 million right. Gears is a more gory game, which truns parents off to buying it for thier kids, and turns older gamers off too. Its not the universal game halo is.

so not it will not outsell halo imo
#12 Posted by JNYR (112 posts) -

If Gears 2 has the proper marketing campaign, then I don't see why not. I think it has potential to sell over 8 million.

#13 Posted by MOLE (321 posts) -

The Gears of War fanbase is not as big as the Halo fanbase.

But I think it has the potential becuase for one there will be more 360's, but also theres really no other major hit rated M game coming this fall for the 360.

Gears 2 holds that crown

#14 Posted by Nobility (295 posts) -

No, no where near the coverage Halo 3 had and not as much attention for the general media.  Halo 3 had coverage at almost every 11 o'clock news at launch day, I don't see that happening for Gears.  Though I may be wrong.

#15 Posted by DorianBlack (311 posts) -

Gears of War doesn't have the wide appeal or the 5 year head start on making fans that Halo has so.....Probably not. Also I don't think Microsoft will market it to death like they did with Halo.

#16 Posted by roofy (1005 posts) -

it wont come close to the number that Halo 3 put up. just imagine all the little Halo fanboys and then see if you think there are even half the ammount of Gears fans. it wont be the same this time around but maybe Gears 3

#17 Posted by DemoMan (140 posts) -

Gears 2 will do good. But I doubt it will outsell Halo 3 (the hype surrounding that was crazy)

#18 Posted by Vlademir (1029 posts) -

If it does it wont be by much. I think Gears 2 will sell close to Halo 3 but not more.

#19 Posted by MasterSplinter (636 posts) -

Gears doesn't have the mass appeal that Halo 3 did. Halo 3 was covered on mass media outlets when it was coming out. I am not sure Gears 2 will even come that close.

#20 Posted by natsfan7 (56 posts) -

=(

Are you fur realz?

No, but it will get close.

#21 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

As much as I love Gears, and that is a lot, I really can't see Gears 2 outselling Halo 3. Not a chance. The amount of money that was spent on advertising Halo 3 is mind blowing (I would imagine), and won't be outdone. And then there's the fact that Halo 3 appeals to all gamers, from casual to hardcore, whereas Gears isn't a game for the fainthearted.

#22 Posted by Jensonb (1763 posts) -

Hell to the no. Get real.

#23 Posted by Brucie (129 posts) -

It will sell loads but it won't even come close to the scale of advertising and hype Halo 3 had....

#24 Edited by Foil_Charizard (345 posts) -

Sequels always gross more than the original, but GOW2 would have to almost double its  predecessor's sales to beat Halo 3, and it's just not very likely.